What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Roosters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't think we are significantly smaller than them. Consider the starting packs (ex hooker).

Moa = 105kg
Guerra = 103kgs
Cordner = 102 kgs
JWH = 108 (according roosters website but probably bigger)
SBW = 108kgs

Kenny Edwards = 101kgs
Peni = 103
Mannah = 109 kgs
Joseph Paulo = 103
Manu Mau = 103kg

There's no big difference in bench size either. Its the old adage....it's what you do with it.

And peats is probably a few kilos heaver then friend

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think we are significantly smaller than them. Consider the starting packs (ex hooker).

Moa = 105kg
Guerra = 103kgs
Cordner = 102 kgs
JWH = 108 (according roosters website but probably bigger)
SBW = 108kgs

Kenny Edwards = 101kgs
Peni = 103
Mannah = 109 kgs
Joseph Paulo = 103
Manu Mau = 103kg

There's no big difference in bench size either. Its the old adage....it's what you do with it.

Those numbers are inaccurate. Have a look at the two teams - the Roosters are taller across the pack, with two genuine monsters (JWH and FPN). The closest we have to a genuine monster is Pauli Pauli, who is only a bit bigger than SBW.

Maybe the Chooks look bigger because of all their hyphenated names.

Those numbers are inaccurate. Have a look at the two teams - the Roosters are taller across the pack, with two genuine monsters (JWH and FPN). The closest we have to a genuine monster is Pauli Pauli, who is only a bit bigger than SBW.

Maybe the Chooks look bigger because of all their hyphenated names.

Well I just took the weights from each club's own website. Can't think of a more objective way of obtaining them. But you're right. the hyphenated names might have fooled the scales.

eel speel

Juniors
I know we made the GF in 09 but this looks like a team who is finally being coached if ya know what I mean.

Brad Arthur has instilled a great attitude and belief in the team. A positive attitude that we compete every week and a good game plan to match.

phantom eel

First Grade
Fantastic performance again tonight, didn't think we had it in us and wasn't sure we'd hold on.

Wasn't counting on these two points, so as long as we stay focused we could remain about the 50% win rate come round 8, and then who knows?

eel01s

Bench
That's right - this team deserves to go around again next week. Let Lussick etc. force their way back into the side by weight of performance, it is the best way to build a winning culture.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I just took the weights from each club's own website. Can't think of a more objective way of obtaining them. But you're right. the hyphenated names might have fooled the scales.

JWH said last year that he was over 120kg. He looks it too.

He credited the MASSIVE weight gain with his good form last year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's right - this team deserves to go around again next week. Let Lussick etc. force their way back into the side by weight of performance, it is the best way to build a winning culture.

There's certainly an argument for making Lussick force his way back into the team through Wenty - we have won three on the trot without him.

Will be interesting to see. But some senior or key players are in the squad to be automatic selections whenever available. It will be interesting to see if Lussick is one such player.

Personally, I would bring him straight back in for Allgood. And I rate Allgood.

emjaycee

Coach
I am going to be more concerned if BA brings Smith straight back in.
Despite the years of service he has given, it is time for him to stay at Wenty unless injuries mean we need him.

For mine, Lussick is straight back in for Mitch.

Forty20

First Grade
I know the Chooks aren't exactly firing in attack but it was a fair effort to shut them out in the second half.

This is the sort of the game that we played out quite a few times over the last few years and we always ended up on the wrong side of the scoreline at full time.

f**k it feels good to win one of the nail biters for once.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know the Chooks aren't exactly firing in attack but it was a fair effort to shut them out in the second half.

This is the sort of the game that we played out quite a few times over the last few years and we always ended up on the wrong side of the scoreline at full time.

f**k it feels good to win one of the nail biters once.

Spot on mate. I was shitting myself for the entire second half. Or at least from when we took the lead.

eel01s

Bench
Unbelievable win tonight. Roosters made way more metres than us, they were faster in the ruck, and they bombed more tries than us. But geez we defended well - I still can't believe the transformation in this team - and that was a bloody gutsy effort to hold out the premiers.

That said, the Roosters must be getting worried about their performance. It seems as though they haven't adjusted to the new pace of the game.

Oh, and how good are our forwards going? Each and every one of them are putting in. Very impressed with Allgood tonight, possibly his best ever game. Mannah was fantastic too. Peats had a relatively quiet game I thought, but still tackled like a man possessed.

4 from 6, who would have dared to predict it?