What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs. Sharks Discussion + Voting

hellteam

First Grade
This is the worst team, why the hell is Gillett centre??? He's been our best player all season in the forwards, putting him in the centres will only limit his effectiveness.

The worst thing about this team is that if we win (we have a good chance, only cause the Sharks are terrible as well) it will make Henjak look right. And then when we play a better team we will get rolled

lockyno1

Post Whore
You can stop pretending to be a Broncos supporter.

So I am supposed to like what Henjak is doing to this club. We are a laughing stock and I am sorry but the buck stops with the coach. This is a dumb team, and to be honest this proves my point again, Henjak is an ordinary coach and a even more ordinary game day coach. I love Brisbane but it hurts seeing this team.

On the positive..at least the IPL is on at the same time..:crazy:

DeeJ

Bench
wtf, we didn't even turn out a bad performance last week. Why all these drastic changes?

Dropping Sims is stupid, stupid, stupid especially when you leave nothing players like Teo and Setu in.

renouf

Juniors
Beale on the bench makes no sense either.. I think Norman had to go.. in attack he was pretty ordinary. He's been screwing up the second man play for a few weeks now.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
wtf, we didn't even turn out a bad performance last week. Why all these drastic changes?

Dropping Sims is stupid, stupid, stupid especially when you leave nothing players like Teo and Setu in.

Te'o has been brought back in not left in.

Broncos fan!

Juniors

Dude Te'o has been one of our most dangerous forwards so far this year. Setu has been more dangerous and offers more in attack, although he is a terrible defender and has brain explosions. I have nothing against Sims but it really isn't as dumb a decision as you are making out. Especially considering Sims has been average so far this year.

johns_reds

First Grade
I feel for Sims, i think he should be in the starting 17, how long has he got left on his contact? if our coach isn't going to use him then they might as well look at getting rid of him.

Big Pete

Referee
So I am supposed to like what Henjak is doing to this club. We are a laughing stock and I am sorry but the buck stops with the coach. This is a dumb team, and to be honest this proves my point again, Henjak is an ordinary coach and a even more ordinary game day coach. I love Brisbane but it hurts seeing this team.

On the positive..at least the IPL is on at the same time..:crazy:

This year was always going to be tough, but it was coming long before Henjak took over.

But you shouldn't be cheering against the club, that's pathetic.

renouf

Juniors
I would imagine Anderson is on the bench because he hasn't been performing, same with Kenny.. but surely Sims could get a run on the bench too.

DeeJ

Bench
Dude Te'o has been one of our most dangerous forwards so far this year. Setu has been more dangerous and offers more in attack, although he is a terrible defender and has brain explosions. I have nothing against Sims but it really isn't as dumb a decision as you are making out. Especially considering Sims has been average so far this year.

I can't agree on your opinion of Teo as a forward. He's been looking good making breaks and tackles when he's been playing out wide in the centers. I'm not convinced he can do the hard stuff closer to the middle and thats a problem he's had since he was at the Tigers.

I agree, I see alot of potential in Setu but at this stage he is more of a liability. I recall 3 times already this season where his enthusiasm shooting out of the line and missing tackles has lead directly to trys.

Sims brings alot of aggression to the pack with his runs and defence. We need this and everyone saw the effect it had on the team last week at the beginning of the game, matching it right with the dragons and pinning them in their own half for a long period of the game.

Big Pete

Referee
Setu also sucks at sliding. Slides too much and gets caught if anyone goes back on the inside.

lockyno1

Post Whore
This year was always going to be tough, but it was coming long before Henjak took over.

But you shouldn't be cheering against the club, that's pathetic.

Hardly, Henjak has made horrible drafting decisions, headed by paying Folau too much money! Am I cheering against the club no. Do I want Henjak gone, YES! He sucks as a coach. Ricky Stuart is Bennett compared to him.

Big Pete

Referee
Considering Bennett got rid of Civoniceiva, yes, the club was already on a downward spiral.

lockyno1

Post Whore
One player..yet Henjak got rid of Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood, etc. We'd be top 4 with those players in our side!

Max1990

Juniors
Not sure why hobbit has named Gillett in the centers....hopefully he switches with Glenn and it is back to normal. Glenn was great last week at lock, while Gillett was in the centers, but Gillett is preferred at lock.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
One player..yet Henjak got rid of Ennis, Stagg, Eastwood, etc. We'd be top 4 with those players in our side!

He didn't get rid of them. Player signing and retention isn't the coaches responsibility. If you are looking for someone to blame then blame Bruno.

Anyway, Ennis went for the bigger $, we couldn't match what the dogs offered him.

Stagg was told we had no place for him after his option to stay another year ended if he took it, so we were responsible for the loss of him I suppose.

Eastwood just left the club. He had problems with the fitness trainer or something I heard. Not really sure on that one though...

Yea we probably would be top 4 contenders with that side. We would also be way over the cap.

Big Pete

Referee

Yes, look at how well they're doing for their respective sides.

Don't worry locky, I get where you're coming from BUT that doesn't make it excusable. You should never want to see the opposition get up, ever. Have some faith in the kids.

My thoughts on the side...

Way too many changes but hopefully the boys who have gotten pick make the most of their opportunities.

I have no problem with Hoffman at fullback, Norman's a talent but he's got to work on some of the basics. A weekend of QCup would likely benefit him.

Gillett play centres last week and played 'okay'. With Beale on the bench I see this as more of a tactical move than anything else.

If Dodds is named, he should always start. He's too good defensively to be wasted on the bench. Lui starting seems a little premature but hey it's a just reward after a good performance last week.

My only complaint is the lack of Sims. I thought his aggression last week was good and something the pack had been lacking. I did not think he deserved to be dropped.

Big Pete

Referee
He didn't get rid of them. Player signing and retention isn't the coaches responsibility. If you are looking for someone to blame then blame Bruno.

Anyway, Ennis went for the bigger $, we couldn't match what the dogs offered him.

Stagg was told we had no place for him after his option to stay another year ended if he took it, so we were responsible for the loss of him I suppose.

Eastwood just left the club. He had problems with the fitness trainer or something I heard. Not really sure on that one though...

Yea we probably would be top 4 contenders with that side. We would also be way over the cap.

Ennis was told to leave.

Stagg was offered a reasonable deal at the Dogs. Where as the Broncos basically wanted him out.

Eastwood was offered an awesome deal and Bruno said congratulations and released him from his final year of his contract.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I can't agree on your opinion of Teo as a forward. He's been looking good making breaks and tackles when he's been playing out wide in the centers. I'm not convinced he can do the hard stuff closer to the middle and thats a problem he's had since he was at the Tigers.

I agree, I see alot of potential in Setu but at this stage he is more of a liability. I recall 3 times already this season where his enthusiasm shooting out of the line and missing tackles has lead directly to trys.

Sims brings alot of aggression to the pack with his runs and defence. We need this and everyone saw the effect it had on the team last week at the beginning of the game, matching it right with the dragons and pinning them in their own half for a long period of the game.

Te'o has played his best footy playing as a back rower though IMO.

I can't argue with your comment on Setu. He really needs to stop rushing out of the line in defence. But I can see why he was picked over Sims as he has been really good with the ball in hand lately.