What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs. Sharks Discussion + Voting

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No question fella.

If you going to the game, look for a dude in a jaws shirt, he will get you a beer.

Loving your location, seriously gives me a laugh.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i think ivan wants the two young 'uns starting so they dont burn off their energy on the bench....

I think norman has some very good touches and skills but after that first game he's really struggled withthe role and i do believe he will be a very good first grader but right now he's having difficulty with the basics (like catching kicks) and a week or two in the toyota cup may help him get some confidence back

is Copley injured? dunno why he isnt in the team, gillett at lock and glenn as the utility

Seagullsrock

Juniors
i think ivan wants the two young 'uns starting so they dont burn off their energy on the bench....

I think norman has some very good touches and skills but after that first game he's really struggled withthe role and i do believe he will be a very good first grader but right now he's having difficulty with the basics (like catching kicks) and a week or two in the toyota cup may help him get some confidence back

is Copley injured? dunno why he isnt in the team, gillett at lock and glenn as the utility

Did I not say after Round 1 his first game wasn't that good and his games since have been even worse.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Did I not say after Round 1 his first game wasn't that good and his games since have been even worse.

you did indeed, but it's hard to tell with young players unless you give them a few goes, he's had a few goes and has areas he needs to work on. dropping and promoting players like yo-yo's does nothing for the team, combinations or their confidence.

right now i'd like hoffman to have a few goes at fullback, if he doesnt set the world on fire in the first game dont just drop him for it

Dazzat

First Grade
you did indeed, but it's hard to tell with young players unless you give them a few goes, he's had a few goes and has areas he needs to work on. dropping and promoting players like yo-yo's does nothing for the team, combinations or their confidence.

right now i'd like hoffman to have a few goes at fullback, if he doesnt set the world on fire in the first game dont just drop him for it

Totally agree ... the luxury of competing for a position.

Norman has struggled in the last four games, and to be honest, has looked lost. If he and Hoffman are competing for the same position it can only be healthly, and bring out the best in them.

Having said that, I personally believe that Hoffman will win the fullback position in the long term, and even longer term, Norman could take over at 5/8 pending on his development.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Totally agree ... the luxury of competing for a position.

Norman has struggled in the last four games, and to be honest, has looked lost. If he and Hoffman are competing for the same position it can only be healthly, and bring out the best in them.

Having said that, I personally believe that Hoffman will win the fullback position in the long term, and even longer term, Norman could take over at 5/8 pending on his development.

Didn't Norman play in the toyota cup last year playing 5/8?

But i agree about needing a prop. Personally i don't want Petro back. I'd rather go for a player like Micheal Hodgson. If we don't get him maybe go for a player like Tolman, and a last resort i'd go for good old Petro. I believe he is to old and we could sign hodgson and another youngster with the money we could spend on Petro.

Big Pete

Referee
Hodgson is far from a spring chicken.

I'd much rather Civoniceiva than him. Civo brings more than just skills on a football field.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Didn't Norman play in the toyota cup last year playing 5/8?

But i agree about needing a prop. Personally i don't want Petro back. I'd rather go for a player like Micheal Hodgson. If we don't get him maybe go for a player like Tolman, and a last resort i'd go for good old Petro. I believe he is to old and we could sign hodgson and another youngster with the money we could spend on Petro.

Yes he did.

I would like for us to go after Lima who is looking for a new club next year. With the addition of Lima and Tronc to our team we will have a mighty fine looking pack.

Big Pete

Referee
From the sounds of it we're after both Hannant, Civoniceiva. With Tronc coming down under and with Kenny, Anderson, Lui, Hala and McGuire there I'd say our front row stocks are looking promising.

jarro

Juniors
Civo would be great for us ..... really give these young guys a lot of guidance.

Now that we've signed Tronc for the remainder of the year, i expect our young forwards to lift even more

broncos70

Juniors
we're gonna lose so many young forwards if we buy civo, tronc and hannant, and that would be a waste of 2010 because these young forwards are getting a good hit out in first grade. Come 2011 they'll be in reserve again, they'll lose their confidence or go to another team

Seagullsrock

Juniors
From the sounds of it we're after both Hannant, Civoniceiva. With Tronc coming down under and with Kenny, Anderson, Lui, Hala and McGuire there I'd say our front row stocks are looking promising.

They won't get Hannant. Asking too much.

broncos70

Juniors
Which ones? Apart from Lui, I'd be happy to lose most of them as they have done bugger all this season.

maybe cause they're all 12 years old. do you expect them to hit their straps straight away? my mate tim mannah from the eels told me its such a big jump to first grade it takes about 10 weeks to get used to the pace

Broncs4ever

Juniors
Why so negitive Locky? I for one was expecting a flogging last weekend - IMO the young guns performed very well and don't deserve the harsh c [FONT=&quot]riticism. [/FONT]