What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Sharks

Kilkenny

Coach
You can analyse things any way you want based on stats.

I rarely look at stats I tend just to make comment on what I see watching a game live either at the game or on TV is I can’t make it.

There were things about Thursday night that I was frustrated with in terms of the usual poor mistakes or poor options but I was feeling pretty comfortable after the Waqa Blake try put us back to 14 in front.

I know I have said it ad nauseam but the penalty try play on there last tackle could have turned out so different and they don’t score on that play we win and the talk around this thread would be so different.

I understand a win on Thursday night may just have been wallpaper over the cracks but I so wish we were three and three as we surely should be.

Kilkenny

Coach
There is so much talk about what went wrong on Thursday night, ill discipline, missed tackles, poor kicking options, Ivan use of the interchange the list is almost endless.

No one has really talked up perhaps the key area where we are really deficient and that is having a real quality front rower. Andrew Fafita goes into the game with hamstring and knee bone bruising but delivers the goods far in excess of what our front rowers delivered. If we had a quality front rower like Fafita with the likes of Tamou, RCG and others as back up things could be so much different. Fafita despite being held up by three or four defenders popping a pass out the back to facilitate second phase play is such a valuable commodity and none of our front rowers can do it or are allowed to do it.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I understand a win on Thursday night may just have been wallpaper over the cracks but I so wish we were three and three as we surely should be.

On the other hand, if the Tigers had a kicker worth a shit, we would have been going into the Sharks game 1-4, so swings and roundabouts.

franklin2323

Immortal
On the other hand, if the Tigers had a kicker worth a shit, we would have been going into the Sharks game 1-4, so swings and roundabouts.

Or Edrick Lee scores instead of Maloney holding him up. 0-6 so many variables but all that matters is 2-4. With a tricky patch of games coming up

Kilkenny

Coach

Going into the Sharks game we played poorly enough to be 0-5 but I thought for 3/4 of Thursday night we were in fact the better side worthy of our 14 point lead,

We were masters of our own destiny in the end but just maybe we were worthy of a better outcome and not quite deserving of the pasting we are getting on here.

Latest posts