What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Warriors

FlameThrower

Bench
First up, gorgeous Sunday afternoon at Kogarah. Was really looking forward to this game. But we looked very flat, much slower line speed, defence flat footed and did not spread the ball.
Ref made a few bad errors, and . I’m sure we must be the most penalised side with the 6 again rule. ( most of time, we had no idea why it was given).
Warriors certainly had advantage with laying over our players., but they played very well,

Dufty had an off game. RAV4 Turbo has improved out of site with highball takes, but Ramsey still worries me a bit.
Norman needs to stop that short kick off, high risk low reward and they scored as a result. Vaughan was good, Simms was rather quiet.
In summary, maybe we were over confident, flat from last weeks effort or thinking of Anzac game. Hook and Co, need to regroup quickly and focus the team back on the task.
We need Hunt back and Lawrie as well.
Huge task vs Roosters at SCG next week.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Absolutely mate...he runs hard, is very hard to put down and draws in the defenders which creates space elsewhere in the opposition defensive line...really hope he is back soon.
Yes he does be55, hope Blocker is back for the chooks

Dragon Blood

Juniors
"Overall a bit of a meh performance. Game was boring."

Flashbacks of Maryball, we put ourselves in a position for the refs to determine the outcome of the final result.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Warriors seem to have our measure nowadays. We used to bet them all of the time but now we haven't been able to. Their respect for the ball today was similar to the time they beat us last year. We are our worst enemy in making too many mistakes and at times we panicked.

The ref's decisions had queries and we did not get the rub of the green as compared to the ref from last week's game. You win some and you lose some.

Last week's win over the Eels took a lot out of the players physically and mentally and you could see the "confidence" void in the players in general. Jubilee has not been a good ground for us to play on for a few seasons now so something needs to be done to reverse the trend.

Next week we will come in firing again.

Old Timer

Coach
Todays takeaways
  1. We looked like a team that left all of it out on the paddock last week and never fully recovered in time for this week. This could potentially haunt us due to the physicality and speed required each and every week and might not be sustainable for our ageing pack. Really good player rotation over the rest of the season will be crucial.
  2. We played a team with a very smart kicking game and they made Dufty make / fail to make good decisions and then they fully capitalised on that weakness.
  3. Dufty needs to throw his body on top of balls in the in goal area and make sure he diffuses them as his current methodology is not working.
  4. We fell off far too many tackles and our centre was easily penetrated as a result.
  5. Norman was totally ineffectual and neither he nor anyone else for that matter took the game by the throat and as such we looked lost.
  6. Moose was excellent in his 1st hit out and will provide some rock solid foundation to pivot our attack off.
  7. A game we could have easily won but lost however lots of positives can be taken from the fact we didn't capitulate or throw in the towel.

Spazer

Juniors
The missed goals from lomax hurt though to be fair they were near misses from the side line
Bird has a habit of rushing out to make the 1 on 1 tackle and he messed up today against roger's try
Dufty mixed bag but played a hand in all of our tries yet again, wasn't supporting our runners enough imo
Ruck defence was soft particularly on the inside ball against bunty afoa and RTS
Line speed was only good in small patches, we gave far too much space to Kodi

On a positive our completions weren't too bad, but going against a side that made 0 errors you will always tire out first and open up in the middle. I think if Rava put that kick-off out on the full the result may have been different.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We played a team with a very smart kicking game and they made Dufty make / fail to make good decisions and then they fully capitalised on that weakness.
Wot?

The game plan was clearly to bomb to Ramsey all game.

Clearly the brownie figured points were going to come from that wing.

Dufty had to field very few kicks whatsoever.

kit66

Bench
Who’s to say Ramsey wouldn’t get similar results in NSW cup? NRL is a big step up in class.

Maybe he could, maybe that's where he should be but shouldn't the question be could Feagai or Periera step up to firsts and we already know the answer, yes they can and Periera we know generally makes great metres and lots of tackle breaks. Cody has 1 try in 6 games and 2 line breaks but I haven't seen him come in and create any opportunities or trouble the defence much.

I just watched the highlights reel, we was robbed ! Bird's try was fine and even the Dufty grounding was enough to deny the Turner try. I call bs.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I thought Daniel Alvaro played great but he should have been in the starting side. He was cooked 10 minutes into the second half, Daniel was glad come to off, he was buggered. Josh McGuire tried really hard. All the better for next week.

Crush

Coach
This team is different totally up for the game....a very good team will only beat us...no easy wins against this team anymore - the 2021 Dragons team is a total different proposition...
I didn’t think that we were beaten by “a very good team”
And I didn’t think we looked “totally up for the game”
We were disappointing.
I was surprised at how flat they looked.

Our side was flat today. Our forwards were fatigued after the first 20 minutes.

The Warriors made very few mistakes.

We were a little unlucky with Lomax missing a couple of goal kicks.

Dufty again failed to dive on a ball in the in goal area.

Too many handling errors.

Norman provided zero variety in terms of last tackle options. No grubbers or chip and chase.

The boys tried very hard but apart from Clune’s grubber kick for the Dufty try, the halves were devoid of creativity. Norman seemed to be in autopilot mode.

Reality is Panthers, Storm and Souths are head and shoulders above the rest of the teams.

Every other team is capable of beating the rest of the sides on their day.

Let us hope the side freshens up for our clash with the Roosters.

Time to play 4 forwards on the bench.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I didn’t think that we were beaten by “a very good team”
And I didn’t think we looked “totally up for the game”
We were disappointing.
I was surprised at how flat they looked.
I agree Crush we looked flat after 5 mins which surprised me as well.....I though jeez dont start going back to the dark old days......at least we didnt throw in the towel and battled on beit at times ineffective till the end

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I hope Hook gets into Norman and stops this short kick out rubbish from our try line...hes unsuccessfully tried this a few times of.late........granted it came off once and I knew then he would try it again and was pissed off when he did......it completely set The Warriors up into the attacking zone and consequently they scored at a vital time of the game

My take on the game.
Played well but not great.
Defence line not as quick as past few weeks.
No help at all from the ref with calls, esp last 20 minutes.
Warriors were up for it.
Warriors completed almost 100% (second time in a row against us).
RTS, Tohu Harris and Kodi best three on the field and all Warriors.
Maybe the players just like plenty on this forum thought we would win by plenty, this was a danger game.
2 points we should have got but didn’t so let’s hope this doesn’t bite us on the ass.
More importantly we have lost a bit of momentum going into next week against a roosters side with injuries so no longer am I confident against them.
Thought McGuire was excellent though and has quickly turned into a favourite.
Also a positive was even though the opposition were well over us most game we only just lost and was even at 3 try’s each.
Need to find the passion again for next week.
17th = bye bye Williame and in Sullivan.

rasaint

Juniors
Agree looked flat today. Always in the game but Warriors always looked a little more likely.

Duff had a mixed bag today. The Warriors try had a nasty little sharp ball bounce forward as Dufty went to ground it. Actually even the commentators noted he still grounded it anyway. A 50/50 awarded to Warriors by the ref and therefore bunker reluctant to overturn.Still you have to clean them up.

Dufty’s backline injection was the key to Ramsey’s try and then a great faint and then bullet pass by Dufty gave Rava enough space to do his thing. Of course, Dufty scored his usual try each game. Also good front on last line defence tackle when RTS made a strong break down the centre.

RTS turned Jack into a turnstile for his winning try.

Zac had an off day with the boot and Nikorema didn’t, he kicked great. Zac doesn’t worry anyone in attack but tackled well.

No go forward except on a few occasions.

No real standouts for us today.

Old Timer

Coach
Wot?

The game plan was clearly to bomb to Ramsey all game.

Clearly the brownie figured points were going to come from that wing.

Dufty had to field very few kicks whatsoever.
We are not discussing what the Warriors game plan was we are talking about the outcomes that we either achieved or didn't achieve.

So getting back to what actually occurred from our own actions are you saying there was no indecision from Dufty in as to whether to allow some bombs to bounce or not and as to whether they were actually his or another players responsibility to deal with?

Do you think that Dufty was perfect in his performance and decision making re bombs today?

I am sure that if you have a good look at a replay of the game you will see there were instances today where Dufty didn't take ownership and I am also positive that Hook will bring that to Matthew's attention and get him to work on it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We are not discussing what the Warriors game plan was we are talking about the outcomes that we either achieved or didn't achieve.

So getting back to what actually occurred from our own actions are you saying there was no indecision from Dufty in as to whether to allow some bombs to bounce or not and as to whether they were actually his or another players responsibility to deal with?

Do you think that Dufty was perfect in his performance and decision making re bombs today?

I am sure that if you have a good look at a replay of the game you will see there were instances today where Dufty didn't take ownership and I am also positive that Hook will bring that to Matthew's attention and get him to work on it.
There’s a lot of crazy to unpack there.

I’ll start with the basics.

What bomb did Dufty let bounce today?