What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Panthers vs Raiders

So Dally M points this week went to:
3. Cleary
2. Crichton
1. Edwards

I know the Dally M is a flawed system, but here are some interesting stats from the season so far regarding Panthers players:
- Yeo started with 4x 3pt matches, and hasn't received a single point since. He is still the front-runner in terms of most Man of the Match performances
- we have 13 players who have received points, which is the most of any team. Cowboys are second, with 8 players. Storm only have 6
- we have the most cumulative points, with 41. Storm are second with 37 points
- if we were to assemble the Dally M team of the year right now, we would only have 1 player representing - Yeo at Lock with 12pts

Goes to show we're a great all round team, rather than relying on a handful of superstars.

Some other random tidbits:
- Halfback's poll more points than any other, with a total of 79 points. Fullback is second with 54.
- 13 Halfbacks have polled points so far this season (incl 2 Halfbacks from Panthers and Tigers).
- Only 5 teams halfbacks have not registered points (Bulldogs, Raiders, Knights, Rabbits and Roosters)

Thankyou for coming to my TED Talk
In past seasons, man of the Match was awarded an Anzac MOM medal, has this been ditched, or awarded on Fox telecast?

chrisD

Coach
Ivan mentioned in the presser he was keen to get Kenny 80 mins in cup and it was a good time to bring soni in, wouldn’t be surprised to see the same team next week v titans and then Kenny back for the run of tough games we have in a couple weeks.
Why does getting 80mins into Kenny matter I wonder. If Api is out then surely it'd be 9. Kenny and 14. Luke.

Iamback

Coach
I’m not sure about the analogy but I think it is far to early either way to start making calls about life beyond Api and how we will shape up in 2023.

Well who is the last team to win the comp with a weak 9?

It isn't an Api thing it is lack of a ready replacement

Kilkenny

Coach

We are 8 rounds into 2022. I think forecasts around 2023 are a little premature.

Lets focus on 2022 and let the brains trust sort out 2023 and beyond which is there job. I’m sure they are all over it.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
15 players signed in 2023. Plenty of money (API, kiks, RCG, Waqa) where is all that going too? The players who we have unsigned for 2023 are back ups and Devs. No issue with 2022, but as it's a business a plan has to be in place to sign another 15 players and if Luke/Kenny don't work out for 2023.

Kilkenny

Coach
15 players signed in 2023. Plenty of money (API, kiks, RCG, Waqa) where is all that going too? The players who we have unsigned for 2023 are back ups and Devs. No issue with 2022, but as it's a business a plan has to be in place to sign another 15 players and if Luke/Kenny don't work out for 2023.
The club will be all over it. There will be no big money signings, doesn’t need to be, I assume a few low key additions to add to what we already have.

Iamback

Coach

getting used on Leinu, Crichton etc

Original Name

Juniors

Are you implying Kenny is a weak 9, Soni is a weak 9 or both? Because Storm are going to be up for this match and so are the Eels after we knocked them out last year. If he holds his own in defence albeit off the bench there's not much to question because everyone can see he's got the vision to be dangerous in attack.

Iamback

Coach
Are you implying Kenny is a weak 9, Soni is a weak 9 or both? Because Storm are going to be up for this match and so are the Eels after we knocked them out last year. If he holds his own in defence albeit off the bench there's not much to question because everyone can see he's got the vision to be dangerous in attack.

As it stands now both are.

Kenny has what 20 starting games at 9?
Luke 25 mins or so.

Both will take time to get to what you would call a regular 9. Maybe it comes next season maybe it is the year after. I am not saying neither won't become good.

Kenny can play 80mins and make the tackles required. running game needs improvement

No Surprise that the 2 hookers with the highest run metres are the Origin hookers.
Both of those have both scored 3 tries. Grant has the most try assists as a hooker in 4.

While we don't need that. infact Api sits about mid table. It does show that good hookers offer some form of attack. So improvement is needed