What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Panthers vs Raiders

WestyLife

First Grade
May looks stronger and able to push through defenders and has scored some harder tries than staines. Our right is a totally different set up though and the attack is so much better to the other side with Luai, Kikau, Tago. Cleary isn't attacking on the right so much.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree.

I actually don't rate halfbacks as high as most because you need a 9 to create space for the backs

Ridiculous......

Nathan wins most games based on his kicking and game management. Just like any good halfback.
It all starts upfront with a good engine room. Without that you have very little. Halfback takes all the control. Every good kick will be the difference between 20mtrs per set.
Penriths games based on a great kick chase and a fast line speed. They then choke the opposition slowly. Starve them of the ball and good field position. Radiers didn't get into your half in 2nd half till the death. Impossible to win. Just gas them out of it.

Strong wingers and a safe fullback is highly important. This also limits opportunities for other side and gets you a good start to the set.

Hookers need good service and to be able to tackle. Anything else is a bonus. I reckon a lot of good hookers play in good sides. And that's helping them look good.

Without Nathan Penriths wins where average. Week 1 Manly where terrible.
They then just stuck pass St George and a 12 men Newcastle without Ponga.

Since Nathan been back the side looks awesome and that's without Too and Leota

Iamback

Coach
Ridiculous......

Nathan wins most games based on his kicking and game management. Just like any good halfback.
It all starts upfront with a good engine room. Without that you have very little. Halfback takes all the control. Every good kick will be the difference between 20mtrs per set.
Penriths games based on a great kick chase and a fast line speed. They then choke the opposition slowly. Starve them of the ball and good field position. Radiers didn't get into your half in 2nd half till the death. Impossible to win. Just gas them out of it.

Strong wingers and a safe fullback is highly important. This also limits opportunities for other side and gets you a good start to the set.

Hookers need good service and to be able to tackle. Anything else is a bonus. I reckon a lot of good hookers play in good sides. And that's helping them look good.

Without Nathan Penriths wins where average. Week 1 Manly where terrible.
They then just stuck pass St George and a 12 men Newcastle without Ponga.

Since Nathan been back the side looks awesome and that's without Too and Leota

We were winning games with Tyrone May in 7 with Api

Storm have been able to convert a centre into a 7 - Cronk

Now have been able to convert a full back into a 7

Due to having quality hookers

The_Frog

First Grade
Parra clap clap clap
Parra clap clap clap
I remember the old wooden grandstand at Cumberland Oval when that chant would start up, and they'd all stomp at the same time, thousands of them. What team wouldn't lift on hearing that. You wouldn't want to be in the dressing rooms underneath though. That was a tremendous old ground.

Original Name

Juniors
We were winning games with Tyrone May in 7 with Api

Storm have been able to convert a centre into a 7 - Cronk

Now have been able to convert a full back into a 7

Due to having quality hookers
We won 2 games with May at 7 when Yeo was there against the Eels and Warriors and lost the rest Yeo and the most of the Origin players missed with May at 7 we lost if anything that feeds into the importance of a halfback argument because Yeo plays like a halfback and without him May looked like he didn't know how to play in the halves when he played halfback.

snickers007

Juniors
So Dally M points this week went to:
3. Cleary
2. Crichton
1. Edwards

I know the Dally M is a flawed system, but here are some interesting stats from the season so far regarding Panthers players:
- Yeo started with 4x 3pt matches, and hasn't received a single point since. He is still the front-runner in terms of most Man of the Match performances
- we have 13 players who have received points, which is the most of any team. Cowboys are second, with 8 players. Storm only have 6
- we have the most cumulative points, with 41. Storm are second with 37 points
- if we were to assemble the Dally M team of the year right now, we would only have 1 player representing - Yeo at Lock with 12pts

Goes to show we're a great all round team, rather than relying on a handful of superstars.

Some other random tidbits:
- Halfback's poll more points than any other, with a total of 79 points. Fullback is second with 54.
- 13 Halfbacks have polled points so far this season (incl 2 Halfbacks from Panthers and Tigers).
- Only 5 teams halfbacks have not registered points (Bulldogs, Raiders, Knights, Rabbits and Roosters)

Thankyou for coming to my TED Talk