What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Tigers vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 23rd April 7:35pm @CommBank Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Time to look towards the next week as we take on the Tigers this Saturday night in Round 7 out there at CommBank Stadium. A very important and special week this week because it's ANZAC week, ANZAC Round. A week which means so much to us Australian's and New Zealander's. This week, we remember all those who gave their lives for our freedom. So it will be a special Round of commemoration, always is, and the club has done their part as we'll be wearing our special ANZAC jersey against the Tigers which pays tribute to the Australian Navy.

Not only that, but it's a very important week in terms of the result too. If we want to make the top four, or even the top eight, these are the kind of games we should be winning. The Tigers have been struggling big time, have been very poor and are yet to win a game yet so we really should be banking the two points this week. However, I don't want to see Wests be underestimated. As I said, they might be going terribly at the moment, like so bad, but we just cannot afford to take them lightly. Like the Bulldogs last week, the Tigers seem to lift when playing us more often than not. They have been our bogey side at times and we've lost a few games against them very unexpectedly over recent years. We did it easy last time we met but you only have to look at the time we played before that, Round 6 last year, to see what I mean. We went in as heavy favourites for that one and it ended up going to golden point. So this is what I mean, I expect them to lift and not make it easy for us. They'll be beyond desperate and that spells danger if we're a little bit off.

So, it's up to us as a club and as a team to make sure we're not off our game. We need to make sure we respect the opposition this week and turn up focused, fired up and hungry. Good Friday was a big step in the right direction, a big improvement and probably our best performance of the year. However, that doesn't mean we don't have anything to work on because there's plenty and I want to see further improvement in this one. Completion rate has been better, but it's still in the low 70%'s by the end of the game so I'd like to see a real focus on getting that up around 80% or higher. What's more, we let in a few soft tries last week to a poor attacking team so I want to see the defence improve, especially on the edges. Our attack has been slowly improving so hopefully some more improvement here again.

An important week. We need to bag these two points, there's no two ways about it. We need to keep winning the games we should be winning and climbing up that ladder. If ANZAC Round doesn't get you up for a game and doesn't get the emotions flowing, than nothing will. But I'm sure the boys can do it in this one! Bring on Saturday!!

callmack1

Staff member

Veracity14

Juniors
Tigers aren’t as bad as some think, they generally have a lot of ability, they have some good players with a lot of ability
They just need to learn to play the whole 80 & keep it together wen things get tough
They obviously have Hastings back, not sure when Doueihi comes back but he adds a lot
Sitting here watching them get stuck up the slimy fish & im glad they’re going well, I hope they keep it together, I hope they win, mainly because I can’t see them winning two weeks in a row. I like Madge & I think he deserves better
And just for the record & something that has nothing to do with this, I like Seibold too & think he’s a very good coach, so there 😜

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The tigers have a really good record against us but I'd like to think that we're a different side now with taafe at fullback and illias at halfback. I think we should win this but I won't be surprised if we lose in a close match.

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted line up for Round 7 against the Tigers is,

1. Taaffe
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Graham
5. Mansour
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Tass
15. Host
16. Sele
17. Knight

The biggest question around the line up this week is, does Tass come into the starting side? He only played 16 minutes last week but jeez he looked very good! Better than what anyone else has shown out there in that spot. However, I think JD will opt to play him off the bench again this week, just to get another look at him. I'd like to see him play more minutes this time though and take Mansour off with Milne going to right wing, see how that works. Hopefully Tass kills it again and if he does, I have no doubt he'll be into the starting side next week. Wouldn't surprise me if he is named in the starting 13 but I don't think it'll happen just yet.

The rest of the side speaks for itself. Will be tough for Moale to miss out but you certainly can't drop Sele or Knight after last week.

Veracity14

Juniors
Would it be worth swapping out Milne and starting Tass?

why? What’s Milne done wrong?
how much have you seen of Tass?

Tass may well be a good signing in time but I don’t know why everyone has flipped their lids over him suddenly, he’s only played 30 minutes or less of first grade & besides scoring a try he was average to good

Veracity14

Juniors
That's possible, from what little I've seen of Tass he appears to be very quick bit I'm not sure whether or not he would be a defensive liability?

never seen him in full flight, not sure if anyone has
Defensively it’s hard to say, he’s been a part of reserve grade teams that couldn’t defend, not sure that’s his fault
The coaches see far more than we see, they’ll get it right more often than not

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 7 Against Tigers: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...l-squad-for-anzac-round-seven-against-tigers/

Pretty happy with that side!! Not 100% how I expected but still very strong. Cool to see Hame start in the front row and I like this change as I prefer Tom off the bench to be honest, just feel like he makes more of an impact that way. Also a little surprised to see Tass not in the 17. I was really hoping he'd get a run and get a chance to cement that left center spot but oh well, it means Moale is in the side which isn't a bad thing.

All in all, a very strong side. Saturday night can't come soon enough!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 7 Against Tigers: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...l-squad-for-anzac-round-seven-against-tigers/

Pretty happy with that side!! Not 100% how I expected but still very strong. Cool to see Hame start in the front row and I like this change as I prefer Tom off the bench to be honest, just feel like he makes more of an impact that way. Also a little surprised to see Tass not in the 17. I was really hoping he'd get a run and get a chance to cement that left center spot but oh well, it means Moale is in the side which isn't a bad thing.

All in all, a very strong side. Saturday night can't come soon enough!!

I dont know if Milne has done enough to lose his centre role and JD might feel as if we need the 4 forwards on the bench.

Tass looks good but i would expect it would take some time for him to force his way into the starting side.

big hit!

Bench
Really interesting the teams JD puts out each week. Seems to be a horses for courses strategy, unlike Bennett who would pick the same 17 each week unless there were any injuries/suspensions.

Veracity14

Juniors
Really interesting the teams JD puts out each week. Seems to be a horses for courses strategy, unlike Bennett who would pick the same 17 each week unless there were any injuries/suspensions.

The team has hardly changed, Moale was out last week due to illness I think, now he’s ok & he’s back

Rabbits20

Immortal
The tigers have a really good record against us but I'd like to think that we're a different side now with taafe at fullback and illias at halfback. I think we should win this but I won't be surprised if we lose in a close match.
We can not afford to lose this match mate if we want to be a top 6 side which is a pass mark for me this year this is must win no matter how we do it.

Latest posts