What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Tigers vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 23rd April 7:35pm @CommBank Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
I dont know if Milne has done enough to lose his centre role and JD might feel as if we need the 4 forwards on the bench.

Tass looks good but i would expect it would take some time for him to force his way into the starting side.
I think we will see a change but not til Mansour or Milne have a bad game. It will happen at some point.

In the next month think I expect Tass to start whether it be due to out of form or an injury to someone else.

callmack1

Staff member
Occasion brings added motivation for South Sydney and Demetriou: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...or-motivation-for-south-sydney-and-demetriou/

JD seems very focused. he knows what he wants out of tomorrow night and it's all about playing for the 80 minutes. Hopefully the performance from the boys reflects that focus too.

Rabbitohs 19-Man Squad For Round 7: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/22/rabbitohs-19-man-squad-for-round-seven/

1-17 for us. Tigers have two changes Roberts and Simpkin are out, Garner and Liddle in with Seyfarth on the bench.

callmack1

Staff member
Well here we are and here we go!! That's right, game day is finally here!!! We take on the Tigers tonight at CommBank Stadium in what is a very important game. It's not just any old regular Round, tonight is very special due to the fact that it's ANZAC Round. A very special Round that means so much to us Australians and New Zealanders. Tonight, we remember those who have served, those who gave their lives for our freedom and we pay tribute to those who are currently serving now. It will be a very special night of commemoration, it always is, and the club has done their part with our ANZAC jersey which commemorates the Australian Navy. Hope the boys wear it with pride tonight.

The game itself is super important tonight too. We need to win, there is no two ways about it, we just have to get the result. If we want to make the top eight or the top four, these are exactly the kind of games we need to win. It's not going to be easy though that's for sure. The Tigers have been struggling for much of the Season so far but they showed last week that they are capable of beating anyone on their day. No one would have picked them to win that game, yet, they did. So I'm imagining that is going to give them a massive confidence boost heading into tonight as they've got that winning feeling now and they'll want to feel it two weeks in a row. They'll be desperate. hence why I don't want to see us go out there and underestimate them because that's when we'll run into trouble. What's more, the Tigers are a bit of a bogey side for us. No matter where the teams are on the ladder, they always seem to lift and bring at the worst in us. That's the danger tonight so we need to be wary.

In saying all that, if we play well and play as we know we can, we should win this one. But that is up to the boys to turn up with the right attitude and make sure we're not off our game. Respect the opposition, channel the ANZAC spirit and turn up focused, fired up and hungry. We need to earn the right to beat them by going through their middle first where they are weak at times. We need to complete our sets at close to 80% or above and I want to see a defensive improvement for this one, especially on the edges. If we can get all that right, which can be easier said than done, our attack will continue to improve off the back of that and things will flow from there. So in summary, tonight is all about what we can do and what we can control, how we perform. The result is in our own hands this evening.

So fire up everyone!! It's game day and time to roll!! We need the win, need the two points and we need to do everything we can as fans to get the boys home! If ANZAC Round doesn't get you up for a game and get your emotions flowing, than nothing will!! We can do this tonight, let's go and do it!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well it’s that time of week again game day is here. A very special week this week being ANZAC week as we remember all they did for us. I’m sure the boys will be raring to go and will wear that ANZAC jersey proudly. For us it’s another game we simply have to win if we want to be a top 6 side this year these are the games we can not drop. It certainly won’t be easy whenever we play the Tigers it tends to be a close match and no matter where we are on the ladder they take it right up to us. None of us forget that golden point win last year where Tom Burgess scored that brilliant try in golden point. The Tigers had a big confident boosting win over Parra last week and they’ll be looking to build on that. Hastings is in good form whilst Brooks can be dangerous then there is Laurie at the back plus they have a solid forward pack as well with Luciano being a key man we need to stop.

For us we must complete our sets highly at around 80percent or better we have been having games of like 14 errors a game lately that’s too much and we need to get it out of our game and that starts this week. We need to start a bit better too I feel and come out with energy from the start. Also it’s Junior’s 100th this week so a big occasion in regards to that also. I remember they first time I saw Junior I think we were playing against Wigan in a trial game and it was Junior first hit out for us and I liked what I saw and I turned around to Dad and said Dad we have a goodun in years to come he will be a regular for us. So yeah hoping for our forwards to do the job then the likes of Cookie, Cody, Ilias and Taaffe can play off the back of it. I’m sure Lachy will be looking for a big game tonight also as I believe years ago his junior club was the Tigers.

A win tonight for us will see us definitely leap Manly so let’s make it happen. Hopefully we get a good support out at BankWest tonight too, we need to keep building our season and that continues tonight!

SO RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET AT 7:33PM TONIGHT GLORY GLORY LETS GO RABBITOHS LETS GO 4 AND 3!!!

Veracity14

Juniors
The girls look much better, they went down 16-10 against a team with a fair bit of experience
We really need to make a statement this year if we’re to get invited into the NRLW

callmack1

Staff member
Heading to a mate's to watch the game.

Special Round, let's hope it's a special result.

Lest We Forget.

Let's go and get these Tigers!!!

Morehead St

Juniors
Bloody idiot. Coming in off the wing within your own 15 metre area - what was different from the other 50 tries let in over the years from that failed tactic? For every one try saved, four are let in.
Two definitions of insanity: repeating the same failed thing over and over and expecting a different result; and not believing in man made climate change.

Last edited:

Morehead St

Juniors
The Good - weathered enormous pressure.
The Bad - the pressure was self inflicted.
An enthused Tigers given more confidence by a mistake ridden Souths.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Errors are killing us once again. Some shocking ref calls, but the errors are what will cost us this game!

Morehead St

Juniors
Injuries did not help as we were drained of energy when we needed it most.

Plenty of unlucky incidents that accumulated to cruel us.

Our pack monstered them in defence, but too many weaknesses on show this year just all came together in the one night to expose us.

We lack a consistently effective open play kicker. Three out of five gives just 60% which is not good enough when you are wanting field position and desperate to apply pressure.

We have two inexperienced players in our spine that takes too much from us. They – at the moment- are often solid, sometimes threatening, but rarely dangerous.

The tigers played well, but we helped them enormously with far too many errors reflecting a lack of discipline and an absence of focus.

Hopefully, we learn from this.

Latest posts