What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

Dragonslayer

First Grade
At the moment, I don't think it possible for me to get what I prefer. I'd prefer for Saints to win and for Mary to go!

It pains me to say but I hope we get canned. I'm not talking a cricket score but anywhere between 30+ should be enough to pull the trigger, if it hasn't already.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd say Melbourne are chasing Saab with the view to using him as a replacement for JAC who is leaving at seasons end.

Saab is under contract and should be playing on the right-wing ahead of Ravalawa. Ravalawa has been extended until the end of 2023 - who really knows why.

Right now I do not see Ravalawa as a winger. I'd like to see him coached to be a centre. JP is not the answer on the left-wing and so, I would rather see Ramsey come into first grade on the left-wing and Saab to right-wing. Maybe Ravalawa at left centre until Williame becomes available.

Who is managing retention? We extend a very ordinary player (Ravalawa) when it is not necessary to do so and leave one of our best wing prospects out of the 17.
It’s quite obvious that’s why they want him but he’s under contract and needed. I don’t see a reason he can legally break his contract this season for an opportunity next season. Especially given he will start this week.

possm

Coach
It’s quite obvious that’s why they want him but he’s under contract and needed. I don’t see a reason he can legally break his contract this season for an opportunity next season. Especially given he will start this week.
A few Dragons players have left mid contract in recent years with the blessing of management. It is well known that unless a discontent player is pleased and convinced to stay, he will be a drag on team morale; thats why they are usually let go.

Millward needs to extend Saab's contract and upgrade it now. If he does that then Saab will have the confidence to be happy and stay. He is the exact right winger the Dragons need.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A few Dragons players have left mid contract in recent years with the blessing of management. It is well known that unless a discontent player is pleased and convinced to stay, he will be a drag on team morale; thats why they are usually let go.

Millward needs to extend Saab's contract and upgrade it now. If he does that then Saab will have the confidence to be happy and stay. He is the exact right winger the Dragons need.
I agree, and I honestly can see Melbourne struggling post Bellamy and post Smith anyway and although it feels like it’s never going to happen, Mary will not be coach forever. Certainly won’t be past 2021, unlikely to last until then imo.

Dragon David

First Grade
I agree, and I honestly can see Melbourne struggling post Bellamy and post Smith anyway and although it feels like it’s never going to happen, Mary will not be coach forever. Certainly won’t be past 2021, unlikely to last until then imo.
I think the whole landscape of the coaching fraternity will be changed in 2021 with several this year going by the wayside (hopefully one of them being Mary). Then in 2022 quite possibly you will see Cameron Smith in the coaches chair for the Storm when Bellamy finishes at the end of 2021.

blue bags

First Grade
I’ve come to terms with the fact that the Roosters will probably destroy us in a brutal fashion.

Don’t think I’ll ever come to terms with watching the Morris boys do it to us.
bulldogs put 22 on dragons, roosters put 42 on bulldogs

blue bags

First Grade
That’s true.

But the roosters beat the bulldogs. And the sharks beat the bulldogs. And we beat the sharks.

So we should definitely beat the roosters.
roosters put 24 on the eels
59 on the broncos
28 on the rabbits
42 on the bulldogs
i would guess roosters put somewhere about 50 on dragons ?

SBD82

Coach
roosters put 24 on the eels
59 on the broncos
28 on the rabbits
42 on the bulldogs
i would guess roosters put somewhere about 50 on dragons ?
I actually don’t expect them to put 50 on us.

Robbo likes to manage a season. He has had them “up” for a few games, they have established themselves on the ladder after a winless opening two games, and now I think he will take the foot off the pedal a little. I think he will rest any niggles, and play a straight forward game to get the win.

Roosters by 20.

RedVDave

First Grade
That’s true.

But the roosters beat the bulldogs. And the sharks beat the bulldogs. And we beat the sharks.

Makes sense to me Dragons
That’s true.

That makes sense to me I guess the real question then is by how many points do we beat the Roosters?

blue bags

First Grade
I actually don’t expect them to put 50 on us.

Robbo likes to manage a season. He has had them “up” for a few games, they have established themselves on the ladder after a winless opening two games, and now I think he will take the foot off the pedal a little. I think he will rest any niggles, and play a straight forward game to get the win.

Roosters by 20.
good that means dragons has a chance to win :oops:

getsmarty

Immortal
pereiraj-200620_sd_03.jpg

JUDICIARY

Pereira suspended for fortnight
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 21 Jun 2020, 12:45 PM

St George Illawarra winger Jordan Pereira has taken the early guilty plea after being cited for a grade three careless high tackle charge following the Dragons' 20-8 win over the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday.

Pereira was charged for his hit on Corey Thompson, which rubbed the new Titans fullback out for the remainder of the game.

Pereira has been suspended for two weeks as a result.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/21/pereira-cited-for-thompson-tackle/