What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Parra

Big Mick

Referee
Matt Moylan to debut

Panthers: 1. Matt Moylan, 2. Travis Robinson, 3. Lewis Brown, 4. Dean Whare, 5. David Simmons, 6. Tom Humble, 7. Luke Walsh, 8. Sam Mckendry, 9. Kevin Kingston (C), 10. Tim Grant, 11. Sika Manu, 12. Matthew Robinson, 13. Nigel Plum
Interchange;14. Adam Docker, 15. Nathan Smith, 16. James Segeyaro, 17. Clint Newton

So there we go.

Two guys that we wanted to play. First it was M.Robinson and now Moylan and T.Robinson

Only concern I have is the light bench but I'm stoked with the team overall.

But overall positive to see some of the kids getting a go gradually and McKendry and Grant starting together

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
On top of that Keiran Moss, Tony Satini, Daniel Foster and George Jennings named for Windsor.

Kids being promoted to First Grade (Robinson and Moylan), Kids being promoted to NSW Cup...

Only grips seem to be Austin and the light bench...so have at it...and Austin not named for Windsor so must be injured.

Last edited:

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I am happy finally some movement to blood youngsters in NRL and Windsor, the bench is light on but I am not going to whinge this week with the changes that are made. Hopefully they will go well and be given a chance to cement a spot in first grade.

Meh Parra have rubbish forwards so shouldn't be an issue. Most games we easily make it to their 20 but then have no idea

Sime_11

Juniors
best side picked so far this season imo, prefer Austin instead of walsh/humble and i thought segeyaro deserved a starting spot. maybe IC likes segs comin off bench being a livewire (how many offloads he have against newcastle)

good to see Smith back in FG,

hopefully we shut hayne & sandow down bigtime

bet the house on the panthers this week boys jason '7-1' robinson is refereeing us AGAIN
look for sticky to go double or nothing on the 10k fine

Big Mick

Referee
prefer Austin instead of walsh/humble

Looks to be injured. Not named at Windsor.

1. Keiran MOSS 2. Tony SATINI 3. George JENNINGS 4. Geoff DANIELA 5. Eto NABULI 6. Isaac JOHN 7. Daniel FOSTER 8. Sam ANDERSON
9. Ryan SIMPKINS 10. Mose MASOE 11. Vaipuna TIA KILIFI
12. Anthony CHERRINGTON (C) 13. Ethan COOK

INTERCHANGE: 14. Tom EISENHUTH 15. Kyle O?DONNELL
16. Dayne WESTON 17. Danny GALEA 18. Neecrom AREAIITI
(one to be omitted)

Sime_11

Juniors
so im guessing we are looking at probably 15 penalties to each team on monday.

lol wont need any drinks breaks after tries etc, too busy arguing with refs rather than playing.

1. Keiran MOSS 2. Tony SATINI 3. George JENNINGS 4. Geoff DANIELA 5. Eto NABULI 6. Isaac JOHN 7. Daniel FOSTER 8. Sam ANDERSON

INTERCHANGE: 14. Tom EISENHUTH 15. Kyle O?DONNELL
(one to be omitted)

Shack injured? Or a late call up to FG to beef up the bench.

Gee Weston has fallen and fallen fast.

maple_69

Bench
Stoked with the team. Don't even care the bench isn't ideal. Shame it took injuries but hopefully once those guys are back, Ivan doesn't have any choice but to keep the young guys.

Austin on the injured list as indefinite after he went off early or Windsor on the weekend.

On another note. Anyone had any issues getting tickets through ticketek for Monday?

franklin2323

Immortal
Most games we easily make it to their 20 but then have no idea

This. Docker & Plum have been going ok.

Robinson starting makes up for that. Add Roberts & Mansour & it's our full strength backline. Whare finally in the centres. I expect our attack to be strong.

Yeah Austin lasted 10mins on Sunday. Ankle looked like what Latimore & Roberts have so 6-10 weeks.

Actually looking forward to all 3 games this week. Makes a change.

chrisD

Coach
I'm fine with Brown playing one or two weeks at centre while we have some injuries and Cleary sorts stuff out, but that absolutely should not be a real long term option.

Other than that team is fine, good even. Austin in for Plum when he's fit, Plum back to the bench and look to bring Masoe in at some point for some size.

Plum has been more than serviceable, one defensive mistake last game is all he's really done wrong in 6 games, and he forces errors.

INTERCHANGE: 14. Tom EISENHUTH 15. Kyle O’DONNELL
(one to be omitted)

Masoe hasn't been starting at prop has he? With Plum dropping back into the back row I wouldn't be surprised if Clearly is looking at Masoe coming into 1st grade as part of the front row rotation.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Masoe hasn't been starting at prop has he?

He's started a few games about 1/2 I guess. We play 6 days away so there's always a chance for changes.

Even if no one comes up from Windsor. Smith starts. Plum/Docker are interchange props. Or Tighe comes back. Brown to lock. Smith off the bench. Ideally Masoe comes onto the bench.

Yeah Brown being in the centres isn't the best but Moylan, T.Robinson & Whare in the centres makes up for it. Especially as it allows Matt Robinson to start.

Latest posts