What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

MarkD

Juniors
He was pretty good yesterday. The way we defended yesterday it’s hard to blame the outside backs even we were so compressed there is no way we can slide that fast and not have misses with outside backs like theirs. He made a few good takes and was our only spark late. I’m on the fence about Dufty.
What irritates me is the lack of desperation in the guy...Notice yesterday how he stood by and watched as Two team mates tried to hold up Sam Walker...Moments like that he needs to get in and do what he can to help prevent a try...Nat Butcher gets involved and helps force the try.. Can understand why he doesnt have a new contract yet..

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
That's provided he gets off in the first place, which going by the current climate isn't as likely as we'd all be hoping, despite the situation being as messy and unclear as our direction under Norman yesterday

What about Crichtons shoulder charge on Clune?

There was no charge.

I didn't post what I did to stir or cause trouble. I merely posted what I did as I'd just read it myself and it was breaking news at the time is all.

I don't believe in going into the forums for others teams to cause trouble or throw shit.

be55

Juniors
He’s looked good at second row but was terrible yesterday.
Kerr had an absolute shocker yesterday.

Disappointing for mine because he has impressed me, the last year or so, with how far he has come.

I went and watched us play a Canterbury Cup game in 2019 at Leichhardt, and watched Kerr closely, and I've never seen a player so gassed after 10 minutes...his fitness was always a real query for me but this year, up until yesterday, he has been very good playing long minutes.

Hook took him off 10 minutes into the 2nd half, after the Walker try, and he didn't get back on...He only played 26 minutes total, so obviously Hook wasn't impressed with his game either.

I hope yesterday was just an anomaly and Hook can get him going again, because i was just starting to think that he could have been, our big body on an edge, that all the good teams have.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
There was no charge.

I didn't post what I did to stir or cause trouble. I merely posted what I did as I'd just read it myself and it was breaking news at the time is all.

I don't believe in going into the forums for others teams to cause trouble or throw shit.
I’m just shocked he wasn’t charged. I really thought that would have been picked up. It was even high.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I for one don't see the love for Kerr , said this last year is ok but not someone we build our forwards around ..... There are better players than him ....
I actually gave him a wrap 3 weeks ago, but hes been very ordinary since.... some of our forwards just lack that drive and punch that you see in teams like the Storm and Panthers for example.....our problem is our blokes look like they are committed to be tackled instead of hitting the defensive line at pace.....we have very few ball playing forwards that look to offload....

TruSaint

Referee
I actually gave him a wrap 3 weeks ago, but hes been very ordinary since.... some of our forwards just lack that drive and punch that you see in teams like the Storm and Panthers for example.....our problem is our blokes look like they are committed to be tackled instead of hitting the defensive line at pace.....we have very few ball playing forwards that look to offload....

He was good a few weeks back, and I was happy for him.
Amongst many, he was poor yesterday.

Illusion

Bench
He was good a few weeks back, and I was happy for him.
Amongst many, he was poor yesterday.
Yes Tru as you say was good for a few games ..... He will be ok but will never be a dominant player in a forwards pack as some people have mentioned. .... Really no one in our pack can turn a game for us expect Sims now and then ..... The fowards need to be fast and agile , line speed needs to be there every week or you get cooked ...... So do we have the pack to be able to do this week in week out ...... I don't believe we have the depth ..... The game is changing and the physicality of a player will change if the rules stay ...... I think IMO the new rules are killing the game .....

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yes Tru as you say was good for a few games ..... He will be ok but will never be a dominant player in a forwards pack as some people have mentioned. .... Really no one in our pack can turn a game for us expect Sims now and then ..... The fowards need to be fast and agile , line speed needs to be there every week or you get cooked ...... So do we have the pack to be able to do this week in week out ...... I don't believe we have the depth ..... The game is changing and the physicality of a player will change if the rules stay ...... I think IMO the new rules are killing the game .....
Agree, where as who isn’t or who can’t in the Melbourne pack....?

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Genuine question on rules:

There were three tackles - including a set restart - that followed the Pereira tackle before the referee awarded the penalty.

How far back can the refs go in penalising illegal play?
Refs are listening to the players on all forms of play now. Put simply they can’t a decision on they own. As you saw yesterday, I don’t have any faith in the refs or the bunker, they continue to make unbelievable errors.

Pus the biased commentators the Dragons can’t not win as everyone saw whether it was fox or 9. The only person stood up for the dragons was Jimmy, a lone voice in the white noise of dragon bashing.

TruSaint

Referee
I forsee this becoming yet another way the bunker can take a try off us as Lomax sets up for the kick.
I hate the new way of try adjudication with a passion, I cannot now celebrate a try until Lomax's boot has kicked the ball for the conversion. It sucks the guts out of the fun.

No different to the VAR in football ( soccer ).
Can't celebrate until the officials have cleared the goal.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Actually he did use his arm by looks of that. When I first saw the tackle thought it was his head no arm but you photo shows the arm. Fair tackle hope they challenge the ruling. What's everyone think?
I think if they challenge it they will get an extra week for having the audacity to question.
I think they should call this racist, that seems to work well these days.