What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

getsmarty

Immortal
Well... he's saying all the right things but my respect for him will be earned by his deeds on the field. Hook has a reputation for being a man manager (something Mary definitely wasn't- at least not to the more complex personalities) and he may be just the person who can get McGuire functioning well in a new state in both his private and footballing lives.

He was pretty good on Sunday...

mickeylane

Bench
This sums up Griffins strategy this year - safety in who I know
“Hook has got kind of the whole old crew together, what worked for us when we were at the Broncos in those years and it obviously worked when they were at Penrith and had success there too."

epDragon62

First Grade
Our boys will be up for this game. Now they are back to earth and realise it is the form they showed against the Eels that they need to show if they hope to smash the Roosters.

But Hook will need to make changes:

3. Max Feagai for Bird
6. Bird for Norman - Bird needs kicking sessions with Soward
7. Hunt for Clune - Hunt would do with some kicking sessions with Soward
8. McGuire for Merin
14. Lawrie
15. Alvaro
16. Faamausili for Ellis
17. Burns for Williame

On a warning:
Dufty
Kerr

Dropped to KOE:
Norman
Clune
Merin
Ellis
Williame
I often wonder if you actually think there is a chance of your selections being adopted, can't see positional switches happening at all.

The calm one

Juniors
Tha
Our boys will be up for this game. Now they are back to earth and realise it is the form they showed against the Eels that they need to show if they hope to smash the Roosters.

But Hook will need to make changes:

3. Max Feagai for Bird
6. Bird for Norman - Bird needs kicking sessions with Soward
7. Hunt for Clune - Hunt would do with some kicking sessions with Soward
8. McGuire for Merin
14. Lawrie
15. Alvaro
16. Faamausili for Ellis
17. Burns for Williame

On a warning:
Dufty
Kerr

Dropped to KOE:
Norman
Clune
Merin
Ellis
Williame
Thank Christ you are not on the selection committee

Valheru

Coach
End of the day he hit him flush on the chin with his arm.
Whether Munster stays down or gets straight up the contact was high.
Easy suspension for most teams so lets see what happens.

Yes the contact was high but that doesn't automatically equal a suspension or even a charge.

They are disputing the grading.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Not as confident this week as I was against The Warriors unfortunately....hopefully Im wrong but jeez we looked flat at times last week not just in energy but in organisation....I know we scored 3 tries apiece and were unlucky in a couple of others but the intensity just wasnt there, which tbh surprised me

Gareth67

First Grade
Not as confident this week as I was against The Warriors unfortunately....hopefully Im wrong but jeez we looked flat at times last week not just in energy but in organisation....I know we scored 3 tries apiece and were unlucky in a couple of others but the intensity just wasnt there, which tbh surprised me

Early mid-season slump ?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yes agree the Storm are the best at bending the rules to their advantage
They are back not playing the ball with their foot again
Yes I noticed that...nothings changed though....the NRL were and are so obsessed with them being successful in Victoria that as you say have been allowed to flaunt the rules....thats why in front of the kicker Slater and forward pass Smith got away with stuff for years.....having said that though they have produced some bloody great football sides over the years

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Early mid-season slump ?
Could be Gareth and we cant expect miracles every week can we....but the first half against the Eels was so impressive you knew we had a new Coach...but the first half against The Warriors you would swear the old one was back.....OMG what a terrible thought...the stuff nightmares are made of

possm

Coach
Yes I agree but put it down to the fatigue hang over from the previous game against the Eels.

The Warriors were allowed to stand off side and target our halves all game. The result was poor game management mainly because both Clune and Norman did not have the time to organise play properly. I'd say put any team in such a position and they would have performed just the same.

I'd like to see Griffin begin to make some changes, starting with Ramsey to fullback when we are in defence. Let''s see if he is ready to do the hard stuff at the back. If he goes well then give him some time in attack as well.

It may well be that we extend Dufty but select him as the utility off the bench and bring him on for Norman when hook feels the opposition are tiring. Dufty will need to do some work with Soward to ensure he can provide a good long kick when required.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hunt is 50/50 and would need to train at full capacity this week to come into the team. Given the look on Hooks face when asked the question, It seemed he was trying to avoid the question somewhat.

Blocka will come back in so who misses out? Most would say Williame and thats a fair assumption. However, it may not be so. Of the forwards that played yesterday the choice will come down to either Merrin or Ellis who misses out. Their stats from the game yesterday were:

Both played 29 mins
Ellis 8 runs 75m
Merrin 3 runs 28m
Ellis 26 pcm
Merrin 10 pcm
Ellis 21 tackles at 91.3% (1 miss)
Merrin 22 tackles at 88% (2 misses)

IMO our forwards will be:
8. Lawrie
10. Vaughan
Bench:
Ellis
Maguire
Alvaro
Williame

I should buy a lottery ticket.

Anyway more interesting is that Merrin not even in the 21 and not named in the reserve grade either. Did he cop an injury last week as his performance was well down.

Gareth67

First Grade
2B5CD4BB-1A19-49F9-BE2E-842B5B0693E1.jpeg

I realize that the Dragons jersey has the 2 ‘ V’s ‘ , but the Rorter’s jersey is eerily alike .
With the speed that the game is played at now , there could very well be a few balls being passed to opposition players .

Is this yet another ploy by those Steggle chickens to gain an unfair advantage ? ?

possm

Coach
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Jack Bird – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by TripADeal
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones