1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber has a piece on the future of Kurt Mann at the Knights in light of the recent signing of five-eighth Blake Green.

On top of that there's info on the COVID protocol breaches in recent weeks, our legendary crossword and word jumbles, along with all the regular features wrapping last weekend's action and your full match programme for NRL Round 14 and Super League Round 9.

EDITION 12 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 7 vs Souths

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by Jane Murray, Jun 20, 2020.

1. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

You mean the try where the game was over and no one really gave a f**k? That's a consolation try and regularly happens. Nath was off the field too and he's the one constantly bailing that turnstyle Whare out.

Intensity dropped. Could easily blame Burton for it as much as Burns. How many times have they defended that edge together? Doubt it was ever trainedto do that way

WestyLife likes this.
  2. Panfa

Panfa Juniors

Good solid win tonight happy to be top of the ladder even if it means temporarily.Whare was flat footed for souths 1st try and dont compare billy burns to whare burns shouldnt even be in the side he offers nothing.Naden has to be in the run on side its either mansour or whare you cant keep him out.Ran for 238m scored a try tackled well and ran hard unlucky not to get a double tonight nado.

3. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Coach

I’m not sure I ever said he has no cut out pass, but I do think his passing game is his weakest asset.

4. betcats

betcats Coach

Jerome played well, he is good for 2-3 set restarts and penalties a game though the last two weeks, he’s gotta improve that discipline.

WestyLife likes this.
  5. martielang

martielang Juniors

Even by your standards that was a big bite.

But my point stands.

6. martielang

martielang Juniors

Edwards also a hell of a lot better than people give him credit for. Looks bigger, faster & his ball playing has improved too.

hindy111, kyussian, CCJohnC and 3 others like this.
  7. GoldCoastPather

GoldCoastPather Juniors

Mate did you see Nathan get hit head high on first 6 and nothing!!!!!!

8. Panther Pete

Panther Pete Juniors

I also thought Edwards had another good game but I am absolutely baffled by some of their set restarts.

tripster likes this.
  9. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Yes but he came good. Souths burnt all their changes and died

10. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Much better side with Edwards in over Aekins

Westernised Panther likes this.
  11. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

We hook our right edge because the game is won. You want to slam the guys who were thrown in with no time to warm into the game after the teams intensity had dropped?

It was poor defence. But get real. That was not close to a sample worth judging off. The game had changed. Half that edge changed. The game was well and truly over.

Amazing how everyone wants to bail out Whare who in 7 games is yet to contribute a single thing to out attacking stats yet they defend all his negative defensive stats.

People said Mansours metres couldn't be replacedt Yet Naden looked better in his first game on the wing than Josh has in years. He should only improve with match conditioning and more experience on the wing.

Ceprahs, betcats and WestyLife like this.
  12. Fangs

Fangs Bench

Whare coming off didn't look like injury. Just a way to get other players back on the field.

Cleary cut out ball to Crichton. Sure they only had 12 men (Or was it 11?) but it was nice to see. It literally isn't a feature of his game and seeing him open up a bit more will make the opposition think twice.

On that play, Crichton bombed it. Dummy play was on with Latrell defending at the back.

Martin playing injured as well, looked like a bicep. That could be serious, I think it sometimes players can get through it while they are still warm. Kinda like a pec injury.

13. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

Aekins offered literally just nothing. Edwards in form is a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 player. My biggest concern was how he could return. But thankfully unlike last year he has returned well.

Westernised Panther likes this.
  14. martielang

martielang Juniors

think he got a line break assist tonight so could you please amend your 3rd paragraph.

15. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

I am very happy with the style of play. Structurally very good.

Luai is getting better and better at 6. Looks like he had to remember he could play as a half after being on the bench so long.

I still think Burton should get on somewhere.

Nathan is a much better half than anyone gave him credit for last year.

16. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Coach

I wonder if the meters our wingers are gaining are more to do with our dominant forward pack than the wingers themselves? The forwards are creating the room to move.

17. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

I’m done. I so enjoyed tonight. Just a great win against another quality side. If you didn’t enjoy tonight and need to scrutinise our performance to find faults in it I give up.

18. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Bench

I totally agree. Media said Nathan spent yesterday and last night in hospital with the infection on his head. Yet he comes out of his sick bed and performs like that.

The scoreline flattered South.

In the last 3 weeks we have played Parra, Melbourne and Souths. If anybody had said at the beginning of the we would be top of the table, and winning 2 of these games we would have been happy.

I'm choosing to enjoy it.

Not about to pull anyone in the team apart.

A good team win.

19. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Coach

20. BuddPanther

BuddPanther Juniors

And nearly every 5th tackle set kick he did was smashed

Aliceinwonderland likes this.