What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Souths

10Grand

Juniors
Cut out passes..linebreaks..try assists..who cares..WE HAVE THE BEST NUMBER 7 IN THE COMP..Nathan was not 100% but was the master and commander and the team responded..would we swap him for any other number 7..NOOOOOOOOOOO
Go the Panthers..

soc123_au

Staff member
Good win tonight. Not particularly polished, but extremely well controlled. The polish will come eventually, the control is very important.

GongPanther

Referee
I’ll go out on a limb and say outstanding performance. Sorry if some are disappointed by that but it was a great win with so much improvement in us. I’m really happy right now.
We started as well as I expected we should have. Then the negative side got to us and the self doubt crept in. But the difference was our attitude didn't let us down. We staye with the game plan and did not panic for the rest of the game. This is the sign of good coaching which is starting to sink in with the players.

Better times ahead.

mxlegend99

Referee
I am very happy with the style of play. Structurally very good.

Luai is getting better and better at 6. Looks like he had to remember he could play as a half after being on the bench so long.

I still think Burton should get on somewhere.

Nathan is a much better half than anyone gave him credit for last year.
Nathan being a team player counts against him for fans but coaches see it. He is selfless. He does what is in the best interest of his team. Sometimes him taking control might have been better. But unlike Mitchell Moses he doesn't play for the personal glory.

He's not flashy like others can be. But he can control games pretty f**king well. Joey and freddy were impressed. If he didnt take goal kicks i would say he was perfect tonight. Those kicks really sucked though.

Fangs

Coach
My top 3 Panthers players of 2020 so far:

1. JFH
2. Cleary
3. To'o

That's coming from Fangs, a guy who thinks Cleary is overated. And the fact he has made Fangs top 3 despite the top tok fiasco is a testament to his great form this year. He has gone up a level.

Fangs

Coach
Newcastle draw was poor, Eels game was 65 minutes of very good football.

Outside of that the team has been great. Some tough wins like the Dragons match which see-sawed. Storm/Souths both impressive performances. From a coaching perspective we need to ensure we peak at the right time of year but looking good so far.

franklin2323

Immortal
Newcastle draw was poor, Eels game was 65 minutes of very good football.

Outside of that the team has been great. Some tough wins like the Dragons match which see-sawed. Storm/Souths both impressive performances. From a coaching perspective we need to ensure we peak at the right time of year but looking good so far.

Every games besides Warriors game we have had leads run down... plenty of work to go is best thing

franklin2323

Immortal
My top 3 Panthers players of 2020 so far:

1. JFH
2. Cleary
3. To'o

That's coming from Fangs, a guy who thinks Cleary is overated. And the fact he has made Fangs top 3 despite the top tok fiasco is a testament to his great form this year. He has gone up a level.

Cleary is but the team as a whole is on the same page. So we win games without having stand out players

age.s

First Grade
Very impressive win and incredible start to the season. We've beaten 3 of last year's top 4 and had tough games against two of this year's most improved. To be 5-1-1 after 7 is incredible. Key now is to not let the intensity drop as we come to a theoretically easier few games.

A few thoughts:

- Naden did nothing wrong, but you could see how much we missed Sauce coming out of our own end. We were lucky not to be punished at the end of the first half with several 20m sets off our own line.

- I think we have the best defensive halves in the comp. We know how good Nathan is but Luai has really surprised me here. Having two halves who can defend makes you so much harder to break down.

- Souths rushed up hard all evening (can't believe they barely got pinged for it) and we adapted well, getting around them or going close to it. Old Penrith doesn't do things like that.

- Refs have been shafting us (no way we were that much worse in the ruck tonight) but we haven't let it affect us. Part of that is the ruck changes leading to refs having much less effect on game flow, but part of it is a new resilience as well.

Very proud of the team so far. Stay healthy boys, please!

franklin2323

Immortal
Very impressive win and incredible start to the season. We've beaten 3 of last year's top 4 and had tough games against two of this year's most improved. To be 5-1-1 after 7 is incredible. Key now is to not let the intensity drop as we come to a theoretically easier few games.

A few thoughts:

- Naden did nothing wrong, but you could see how much we missed Sauce coming out of our own end. We were lucky not to be punished at the end of the first half with several 20m sets off our own line.

- I think we have the best defensive halves in the comp. We know how good Nathan is but Luai has really surprised me here. Having two halves who can defend makes you so much harder to break down.

- Souths rushed up hard all evening (can't believe they barely got pinged for it) and we adapted well, getting around them or going close to it. Old Penrith doesn't do things like that.

- Refs have been shafting us (no way we were that much worse in the ruck tonight) but we haven't let it affect us. Part of that is the ruck changes leading to refs having much less effect on game flow, but part of it is a new resilience as well.

Very proud of the team so far. Stay healthy boys, please!

Good point you make with Naden. The try he scored Mansour would of. He too bombed a difficult chance. Got put into 4 or 5 gaps. Adds the metres like that.

I don’t remember too much problems he caused coming off the line. Ivan admitted to resting Mansour. You would think more guys will get rested as the year goes on before the top 17 is settled