What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

unKwn

Juniors
I thought maybe Crichton could do fine in the absence of mansour, but he looked so f**king bad out there tonight. we really miss mansour

We definitely need to rethink Peachey at 5/8, if other teams shut down Maloney like that we’re in a bit of strife.

Chricton had a shocker, he hasn’t been bad this year but he hasn’t be good either, just ok. He’s lucky we have injuries otherwise he wouldn’t be in the team anyway.

age.s

First Grade
Feel like the small issues that were less than perfect reared their head tonight. Whare went from being largely invisible to a major liability. CHN looked like a back rower at center being burned by Luetele. Our middle third were about 20% down in intensity against a Sharks pack that was up for it. Chrichton looked inexperienced with some howlers. Peachey was about the same but the rest of the team weren't able to paper over how unsuited he is to the position. We looked like a team down on troops and more tired. In spite of that we still came home with a wet sail and would have been tough to stop if the game went on for another 10.

Not great, but not the end of the world either. Games like these happen and hopefully it ends up being the catalyst for the freshening up of some of the personnel and an improvement in attitude. Whare in particular would be on really thin ice as dropping him keeps Peachey in the team while bringing in an actual halfback. Makes sense to me but I'd be very surprised to see it happening.

Reckon we'll crunch the Bulldogs next week.

We definitely need to rethink Peachey at 5/8, if other teams shut down Maloney like that we’re in a bit of strife.

Chricton had a shocker, he hasn’t been bad this year but he hasn’t be good either, just ok. He’s lucky we have injuries otherwise he wouldn’t be in the team anyway.
Nah we'll just limp into the finals and do nothing again.

OldPanther

Coach
frustrating game but now ive cooled down - a bit of perspective

too impatient today - we had multiple opportunities to take the 2 of offer and we didnt - i think we underestimate how crucial those can be at the latter stage of the game.

Edwards & Crichton with their positioning today was atrocious - responsible for multiple tries conceded.

Merrin had a couple of errors but still thought he played quite well/solid - James Tamou - what the fk are we paying him for - apart from that half line break, i thought Leota did more than him and he didnt do too much......

i also feel like had an attitude of turning up and we'll be sweet - the sharks played their grinding game and some of the players just didnt show hunger (RCG an exception). a good reality check for us, especially as we play canterbury next week.

I expect a win this Friday night - we are miles ahead of this dogs team - perfect game to drop a few players - really put players under stress knowing the spot isnt guaranteed.....

I'd play Katoa, Egan and Luai and roll the dice with our current lack of roster. Also tell Tamou the game is on Saturday.

David brown

Juniors
Teams that win comps don't lose games like this lets be honest.... We are so far off where we think we are...

martielang

Bench
We were poor across the park. Like others said, we were just rushed the whole game. When we settled down we looked far superior but credit to the sharks defence & overall attitude, every time we settled, they did something to disrupt it.

Leota was far from poor, probably the pick of our front rowers today. He’s really starting to develop nicely imo. JFH just keeps getting better & better as well.

f**k I hate the sharks.

TheFrog

Coach
The Frog's Ratings

Edwards 6
Watene-Zelezniak 7
Whare 6
Harawira-Naera 6
Crichton 4
Peachey 6
Maloney 7
Merrin 6
Wallace 6
Campbell-Gillard 8
Yeo 8
Fisher-Harris 7

Leota 7
Tamou 6
Hetherington 5
Katoa 6

David brown

Juniors
Merrin is constantly giving dumb as f**k penalties away in crucial times of the match... I don't give a f**k how good he plays you do that shit f**k off...

tripster

Juniors
I find it crazy how quickly some people are willing to turn on players, in particular Crichton. He’s done a very solid job so far, made some positive contributions, as soon as he has a stinker (& he did) the pitchforks are out for him.

Completely agree. The guy is only playing his what - 5th game of first grade? Surely everyone remembers what Blake was like when he debuted. He will learn from his mistakes. If he doesn't learn, then it is at that point that you consider dropping him.

OldPanther

Coach
Merrin is constantly giving dumb as f**k penalties away in crucial times of the match... I don't give a f**k how good he plays you do that shit f**k off...

Always? I get emotions are a bit high(mine certainly were) but we need to chill out and be realistic.

The only people who need to go are Tamou and Wallace.

Whare can't because we have no centres and Peachey isn't picking himself out of position ao it's not his fault he's trying.

I find it crazy how quickly some people are willing to turn on players, in particular Crichton. He’s done a very solid job so far, made some positive contributions, as soon as he has a stinker (& he did) the pitchforks are out for him.
That loss is 100% on Peach playing 5/8 and the blame isn't even his. Why pick him there

Latest posts