What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

The Ref didn’t help, who the hell checks that intercept try?

Kicking was poor, they kicked high all night and they caught them all night, not working, try something different.

They should have taken all the penalty shots early, dunno why they didn’t?

The Warriors give away a tonne of early penalties for odd side, the ref gets sick of it, stops blowing them, they have the offside line speed for the rest of the game.

All that being said, the Dragons played like they were playing last years Warriors, wear the forwards out early and they will tire later. Different Warriors this year, they don’t tire.

Old Timer

Coach
We put 12 past one of the best defensive performances I've seen in a long time. We absolutely could throw on a further 18 on an average or even okay side tonight.

I mean, there were 3 scoring opportunities we almost pulled off even against Warriors, on top of the 12 scored. Definitely not so dire to say we'd never put 30 on anyone playing like this
So when we don't win everyone jumps on the "The Warriors are fantastic" bandwagon.
If you had of swapped Dufty for Darius Boyd tonight you would have thought we were back in 2010 / 2011.
Old tired plays that are easily defended and were never going to score 30 points against any opposition team.
Again when greatness stares us in the face we go to a conservative position instead of grasping the moment.
One out shit forward play which didn't work out and long telegraphed sweeping back line plays which didn't work out either.

Tuddy

Juniors
That first try came about as a result of the Warriors getting another set of six where I didn't think we played at the ball. Take that try out and we would have kicked a few penalty goals and it's a different game.

The virus that affected some of the players also played a role.

Having said that, the Warriors were on. We played pretty good football especially in those conditions, they just wanted it more and it showed.

I can't wait until we play them again.

ouryears

Bench
That first try came about as a result of the Warriors getting another set of six where I didn't think we played at the ball. Take that try out and we would have kicked a few penalty goals and it's a different game.

Having said that, the Warriors were on. We played pretty good football especially in those conditions, they just wanted it more and it showed.

It was a 50/50 call that didn't go our way.
A run of more than 10 metres and 2 passes. Surely advantage had been taken by the Warriors but that's footy.

Yeah, but why go back to the contest in the first place?
Warriors passed it three times? Four? The game has moved from the contest, any advantage has been taken, play on, try.

ouryears

Bench

Agree

It is the last time they will beat us this year.

No doubt.

Out enthused and out coached

Seemed to lack the explosive energy we have had in earlier games.

No point criticising the halves and full back in attack.

Tonight we failed to dominate up front.

The conditions suited them better.

They slowed the play the ball down throughout the game. We didn't get a roll on up front.

The test will be how we respond. Team has several strong characters, believe we will win more than we lose.

ouryears

Bench
Can I say it , dare I say it ? This was the loss we had to have . Quite simply we were outplayed by the Warriors who had done their homework against us . That plus the Mt.Smart hometown atmosphere pushed them on.

They were the better side and as such deserved the competition points tonight , we were courageous in defeat and sure there were a few things that didn't go our way , but all in all the Dragons left the field with their heads held high .

The boys came up against a tough team tonight and had to fight for each point , but this will serve us well in the weeks to come . We will go to bed feeling disappointed but wake tomorrow knowing the Dragons will be there in the end of season matches . :innocent:

If we win 6 and lose 1 from every
7 games throughout the whole year, WE WILL BE MINOR PREMIERS!

4 losses for the whole year.

So suck it up boys!
Here we come.

Life's Good

Coach
Out enthused and out coached

Seemed to lack the explosive energy we have had in earlier games.

No point criticising the halves and full back in attack.

Tonight we failed to dominate up front.

The conditions suited them better.

They slowed the play the ball down throughout the game. We didn't get a roll on up front.

The test will be how we respond. Team has several strong characters, believe we will win more than we lose.
Spot on.

blacksafake

First Grade
Great battle won by the better side on the night. I was always worried about Luke & unfortunately he delivered his best game for ages. The time has now arrived which most on here were expecting to see how they react in the next few weeks. If The mental demons will start if they go into their shell. Let’s see if L plate can go to the next level as a coach. Tonight wasn’t a good start from him with no plan b as well as leaving Sele collecting splinters In his rse on the bench.
Over to you L plate.

If we win 6 and lose 1 from every
7 games throughout the whole year, WE WILL BE MINOR PREMIERS!

4 losses for the whole year.

So suck it up boys!
Here we come.

Good luck with that, I saw worrying signs from last year tonight.
Forwards looked tired and lifeless after 6 dominate performances.
Backs looked like, ONCE AGAIN, that there was no plan B

Great battle won by the better side on the night. I was always worried about Luke & unfortunately he delivered his best game for ages. The time has now arrived which most on here were expecting to see how they react in the next few weeks. If The mental demons will start if they go into their shell. Let’s see if L plate can go to the next level as a coach. Tonight wasn’t a good start from him with no plan b as well as leaving Sele collecting splinters In his rse on the bench.
Over to you L plate.
I watched from afar at a club, your effing kidding about Sele not getting a run right?

slippery5

Juniors
So when we don't win everyone jumps on the "The Warriors are fantastic" bandwagon.
If you had of swapped Dufty for Darius Boyd tonight you would have thought we were back in 2010 / 2011.
Old tired plays that are easily defended and were never going to score 30 points against any opposition team.
Again when greatness stares us in the face we go to a conservative position instead of grasping the moment.
One out shit forward play which didn't work out and long telegraphed sweeping back line plays which didn't work out either.
The long telegraphed sweeping plays, had the warriors jamming up fast out wide to shut that play down every time, maybe a plan B coach would have sent a message out to put a kick through to counteract that tactic, when we finally attempted it for Mann, only the bounce cost us scoring & it was too late.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Cant finish the night off without having a go at Greg Alexander on Fox ...that bloke death rides us every time he gets the opportunity when we are playing, particularly when somethings sent to the bunker...99 .9 % of the time hes looking for a decision to go against us...along with Smith their pains in the arse

slippery5

Juniors
Good luck with that, I saw worrying signs from last year tonight.
Forwards looked tired and lifeless after 6 dominate performances.
Backs looked like, ONCE AGAIN, that there was no plan B
I mentioned we looked tired in the last 20 against Souffs but the effort against Sharks had me re- thinking, until tonight.

Latest posts