What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Got a question with the Lafai no try. When Graham and RTS had their encounter, what goes on there? So Graham and RTS contact with Graham knocking on the ball, into RTS but then he played on. Was their a tackle after that? Or not? If not, still confused as to why no try, there were about three passes and the encounter was in the air, shouldn’t it have been play on? What did our mates in the bunker say about that? Seems like a pretty bogus decision to me.
I was pissed as well, but it was unlucky.

mickeylane

Bench
Stop speaking. You're annoying me. Warriors were all over him and Dufty. Cook will be first choice. If I'm wrong I'll eat humble pie. In the meantime I'll drink a couple more whiskeys and hit the sack.
I can say what I like - fact is there will be 2 hookers chosen by Fittler so get used to that and make some room for that humble pie..

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Im going to enjoy the ride this year and I reckon we will make the 8
we will win many and lose a few, we have had a great start but lets not get ahead of our self's.
we still need a lot of work, some changes with players and yeah the coach as well.
The Broncos and Storm starting to hit their straps shows how far we are behind.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Take aways for me
  1. We were obsessed with plays around Dufty
  2. We were not as deep in attack and players were slowing down to take some passes thus we lost momentum.
  3. We tried to play a highly structured game which the Warriors shut down quite easily.
  4. As I suspected would be the case in attack Graham is getting too much ball at critical stages. He will make 7 metres and they will be all over him thus slowing down the play the ball.
  5. Hunt needs to be far more intuitive and take the line on much more.
  6. We are getting kick happy and far too many are bombs what happened to the ball in behind for the line drop out?
  7. The mass interchange has been tried for a few weeks and IMO does us no favours at all, we need to go back to the staggered interchange that worked so perfectly well in the 1st few games.
  8. Key forward off at the same time and for far too long probably related to point 7.
  9. What happened to Sele?

Some great points there ot.
I have know idea why Sele didn't get any minutes.
It make no sense

Drag Queen

Bench
Now is the true test for me . It was all good and I was happy that we won 6 in a row , but we will know if we are the real deal this year by the way we bounce back from a loss .
If I remember earlier in this post St Jimmy actually said the exact same thing. It may have sounded different but ultimately the same reasoning. The tough shit starts now. Disappointed but not surprised if that makes any sense. I watched the Broncos/Warriors game and could see Johnson wasn't on his game after coming back from groin injury. He was brought back into the side way too soon. His substitute in Lino has paid dividends. To the wanker who didn't want to be my friend because I stated the obvious. F**k you. We'll now regroup and try again. I'm confident. PS I'm sorry I loaded this on your post Hazzbeen Xx

hazzbeen

Bench
If I remember earlier in this post St Jimmy actually said the exact same thing. It may have sounded different but ultimately the same reasoning. The tough shit starts now. Disappointed but not surprised if that makes any sense. I watched the Broncos/Warriors game and could see Johnson wasn't on his game after coming back from groin injury. He was brought back into the side way too soon. His substitute in Lino has paid dividends. To the wanker who didn't want to be my friend because I stated the obvious. F**k you. We'll now regroup and try again. I'm confident.
Lets hope we regroup and come out and belt the chooks .....

Old Timer

Coach
Dragons were fine tonight, Warriors were better.
We would've put 30 past the Roosters tonight.
We wouldn't have put 30 past anyone tonight.
We had plenty of opportunities in the game we played and we just weren't good enough despite them being 1 down for 10 minutes.
We again became 1 trick ponies instead of the power game it was the Dufty game just piss poor strategy IMO.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Got a question with the Lafai no try. When Graham and RTS had their encounter, what goes on there? So Graham and RTS contact with Graham knocking on the ball, into RTS but then he played on. Was their a tackle after that? Or not? If not, still confused as to why no try, there were about three passes and the encounter was in the air, shouldn’t it have been play on? What did our mates in the bunker say about that? Seems like a pretty bogus decision to me.
Yes one has to wonder on how many hands had touched the ball or how many metres were allowed to happen bevore the advantage is over....like some of the obstruction rules ridiculous interpretations by some officials

It was a 50/50 call that didn't go our way.
A run of more than 10 metres and 2 passes. Surely advantage had been taken by the Warriors but that's footy.

Brutalitops

Juniors
We wouldn't have put 30 past anyone tonight.
We put 12 past one of the best defensive performances I've seen in a long time. We absolutely could throw on a further 18 on an average or even okay side tonight.

I mean, there were 3 scoring opportunities we almost pulled off even against Warriors, on top of the 12 scored. Definitely not so dire to say we'd never put 30 on anyone playing like this