What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

Frank Facer

First Grade
Dufty tonight, He hardly ran straight. Every time he got the ball his sideways movement was too predictable & that stuffed our attack. He also must be the worst defensive fullback in the Comp so that will cost them at the end of the year if he doesn't improve. The worst part about this game though was the lack of coaches tactics. They run 90% of plays to the left instead of using Aitkin a little more. The Warriors rushed them in D but our dumb coach failed to tell his halves to start grubbering behind the line to catch them out. He must have wanted to expose Kata missing from their team . Instead of trying to use one of the form centres Aitkin a little more.
You must have missed the time Dufty ran off Simms, but was tackled simultaneously as he went to take the ball, causing him to knock it on. It could have been deemed tackled before he had the ball. I do agree that he has to learn to hit holes more and maybe scout around the ruck. I have been pretty happy with Dufty this year.

mackdadday

Juniors
I thought Dufty looked dangerous as usual. His speed created a situation where McDonald should have scored. Following that, e was backing up and probably would have scored if he wasnt tackled before the pass too. Thats an extra 8-12 points right there.

Nene though seems to have about three screw ups in him to every decent play.

ouryears

Bench
C'mon mate. Our team have won at home. Your point?
Just that we did ok to play the warriors in NZ and lose in a fairly tight game.

That I would expect the warriors to win at home but it will be a different story when we see them at Win or Kogarah.

And if it's at Homebush in a semi I would also expect to win.

The warriors needed to win last night, it was in their backyard.

But I can't see them beating us again on our turf.

That's all.

Drag Queen

Bench
I thought Mcinnes was our second best player tonight behind Simms.
Well shit he got shut down pretty early.

That I would expect the warriors to win at home but it will be a different story when we see them at Win or Kogarah.

That's all.
Rabits, knights, sharks and titans would all be in the top 6 if we didn’t beat them. Do you need a calculator? Dumb merkin
Seriously?

That's all.

That's all.
I didn't underestimate them. I knew it would be tighter than most posters on here have stated. PS you're not a merkin. When is the next meet on home soil?

Drag Queen

Bench
I thought Dufty looked dangerous as usual. His speed created a situation where McDonald should have scored. Following that, e was backing up and probably would have scored if he wasnt tackled before the pass too. Thats an extra 8-12 points right there.

Nene though seems to have about three screw ups in him to every decent play.
So we're blaming Nene now...Stop it and move on. Warriors did their homework. We didn't. Simples. Our forward line should have got us over the mark. They didn't though. Where the hell was Sele? or did McGregor forget he had more than a one man bench?

ouryears

Bench
Well shit he got shut down pretty early.

Seriously?

I didn't underestimate them. I knew it would be tighter than most posters on here have stated. PS you're not a merkin. When is the next meet on home soil?
Hey DQ, Saturday 4th August Round 21
230pm game
Hopefully both teams still in top 4

Drag Queen

Bench
Here is some more context for you.

You have had to wait 7 weeks for us to lose.
What? We lost a game. Surely not Frank. With all the penalties against the Warriors and their half out, oh, and add a yellow, they still won. I think Smack was the only poster to see this coming. I thought it'd be closer than it was tbh. I'm never going to hear the end of this one. Sincerely Kiwi Dragon.........

ouryears

Bench
Try being a Kiwi who is a Dragons supporter! My friends are giving me grief atm. Deserved though.
Ha, it's hard when your team loses to family or friends teams.

Maybe send them a picture of the ladder, we are still in front of them.

Or bring up that we smashed the Broncos who smashed them.

It doesn't have to be even true, just keep firing back till they surrender.

Tell them it was on their home soil and if they could only sneak a win, no chance on our soil.

Just throw it back ha ha ha

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It was always going to be a hard one to win.

Had an inkling this might happen, after watching the Warriors lose against Brisbane. They were never going to play that bad two weeks in-a-row. Would have been better for us if the Warriors won last week.

Thems the breaks. Still top of the ladder. And we'll hammer Easts on Anzac Day.

ouryears

Bench
What? We lost a game. Surely not Frank. With all the penalties against the Warriors and their half out, oh, and add a yellow, they still won. I think Smack was the only poster to see this coming. I thought it'd be closer than it was tbh. I'm never going to hear the end of this one. Sincerely Kiwi Dragon.........
The penalties they gave away were on purpose near their line to stop potential tries.

It helped them.

The ref should have sin binned them three separate times

They have been watching too many storm games.

When Cam Mcinnes did it a few weeks ago he got sin binned first time.

Go figure

ouryears

Bench
So the Rabbits, Knights, Sharks and Tits lost to no other team? Or if they did then those losses don't count towards their standing, only the losses against the Dragons?

OK, definitely got it now.

Straight Shooter

SS why does it matter?
6 wins is 6 wins.

Other teams have played the same teams we beat and lost to them.

Warriors got beat by Broncos who we beat.
Roosters got beat by Souths who we beat.

And so on and so on....

I wouldn't be picking apart our wins, there are no easy games.

ouryears

Bench
So we're blaming Nene now...Stop it and move on. Warriors did their homework. We didn't. Simples. Our forward line should have got us over the mark. They didn't though. Where the hell was Sele? or did McGregor forget he had more than a one man bench?
It amazes me that the use of the bench isn't as easy as ABC

It's a damn joke, Mary must be a damn fool.

Other coaches do it too, wierd!

giboz71

First Grade
Tactically they were very good. We’ve won 6 in a row largely because of Hunt and Widdop and opportunities they create.

The defence rushed them all night, even illegally hence all the penalties. They are fit too as they maintained that all game which is hard to do .

We should have countered with McInmes taking the space closer to the ruck but we didn’t do it. He should have been sniping the same way Luke was.

As I’ve said, I’m not discouraged. Warriors are clearly the best team in the comp right now along with us and Luke probably had the most dominant individual performance of the year. And they were playing in NZ.

That’s what it took to beat is. And we were still in the game up to the 80th minute.

ouryears

Bench
Warriors got Storm, Tigers and Roosters next 3 weeks.

We should be 6 points clear of them by mid May.

Oh when the saints go marching in :notes::notes::mega::mega:

Drag Queen

Bench
Ha, it's hard when your team loses to family or friends teams.

Maybe send them a picture of the ladder, we are still in front of them.

Or bring up that we smashed the Broncos who smashed them.

It doesn't have to be even true, just keep firing back till they surrender.

Tell them it was on their home soil and if they could only sneak a win, no chance on our soil.

Just throw it back ha ha ha
Slight problem there. Johnson was playing injured against the Broncs. Shouldn't have played him. The outcome may have been different. I've got no problem with Lino as his sub. Bloody surprised with Gelling stepping in for Kata. I thought he'd let the Warriors down and he didn't. I thought it would be close but I had us + 6. Oh well...

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The Dragons were very flat and disorganised. Widdop missed a routine tackle.. Mac Donald missed a sitter. The attack was disorganised and the players did not know where to run and seemed to run around in circles. The forwards were unimpressve and maybe are ccoming to the burn out stage like last year. Mc Innes looked rattled when the tries were not coming. Perhaps there are too many try scoring options and the playings are getting in each other's way. The attack needs simplification not complication.

ouryears

Bench
The Dragons were very flat and disorganised. Widdop missed a routine tackle.. Mac Donald missed a sitter. The attack was disorganised and the players did not know where to run and seemed to run around in circles. The forwards were unimpressve and maybe are ccoming to the burn out stage like last year. Mc Innes looked rattled when the tries were not coming. Perhaps there are too many try scoring options and the playings are getting in each other's way. The attack needs simplification not complication.
If the pack is tired after 7 weeks then they can retire and we need to go out and get a new pack.

7 weeks... Seriously?
All packs go hard at it, 7 weeks they would be hitting their straps.

Tactically they were very good. We’ve won 6 in a row largely because of Hunt and Widdop and opportunities they create.

The defence rushed them all night, even illegally hence all the penalties. They are fit too as they maintained that all game which is hard to do .

We should have countered with McInmes taking the space closer to the ruck but we didn’t do it. He should have been sniping the same way Luke was.

As I’ve said, I’m not discouraged. Warriors are clearly the best team in the comp right now along with us and Luke probably had the most dominant individual performance of the year. And they were playing in NZ.

That’s what it took to beat is. And we were still in the game up to the 80th minute.

"They are fit too"

You noticed that.
It's a shame McMuppet didn't and used the same tired old game plan they have used in the past and tried to bash it up the middle in the belief the Warriors would tire and we would run over the top of them.

At some stage he must have realised that wasn't going to to work and a Plan B was required, but we all know there wasn't one.

Latest posts