What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Wests Tigers @Bathurst

Iamback

Coach
For a prop then? It doesn't work for me

I use it this way.

Sorro is getting 50 mins
Garner should get the same
Martin 80
Yeo 80

Between them they can cover a 2nd stint of a bench middle.

Smith will play.

I'd have a middle that they struggle to get minutes for just incase on the bench.

tactically not sure what a 2nd middle brings in the current setup. Unless they are ball playing or something

Kilkenny

Coach
A decent performance against the Storm despite the 8-0 loss followed by three really solid wins.

The loss to the Sea Eagles however was not a surprise despite some less educated fans suggesting it would be an easy win.

There are early warning signs the constant player drain is catching up with us.

Not our fault perhaps, by all means we can blame the salary cap, but definitely there are some issues that need to be addressed.

I love Sunia Turuva I think he is a terrific player who is only going to get better.However given how cash strapped we obviously are the heartbreaking decision needs to be made and he should be allowed to leave.

Early indications are May could develop into a competent centre but he is probably better utilised as a winger. Going forward perhaps Alomoti or Casey McLean would be a better centre option.

Im not proud of promoting letting go of Sunia Turuva far from it but I just can’t see an alternative given our salary cap position.

A decent performance against the Storm despite the 8-0 loss followed by three really solid wins.

The loss to the Sea Eagles however was not a surprise despite some less educated fans suggesting it would be an easy win.

There are early warning signs the constant player drain is catching up with us.

Not our fault perhaps, by all means we can blame the salary cap, but definitely there are some issues that need to be addressed.

I love Sunia Turuva I think he is a terrific player who is only going to get better.However given how cash strapped we obviously are the heartbreaking decision needs to be made and he should be allowed to leave.

Early indications are May could develop into a competent centre but he is probably better utilised as a winger. Going forward perhaps Alomoti or Casey McLean would be a better centre option.

Im not proud of promoting letting go of Sunia Turuva far from it but I just can’t see an alternative given our salary cap position.
I think 2 things are in play here . 1) Alamoti playing wing in nsw cup and 2) Alamoti resigning for an another season - perhaps suggests that Turuva might be let go and Alamoti will be thrust into NRL as a replacement in 2025.

McLean or Cole as center options with May shifting back to wing (on Tago’s side) wouldn’t be a bad move either.

globalpanther

Juniors
Dyl
Tito
Tago
TMay
To'o
Luai
NC
Leota
MK
JFH
Soro
Marto
Yeo

Laurie
LSmith
Henry
Garner

Let's not re-invent the wheel. If we have to rest players for injury then thats fine.

maple_69

Bench
I wouldn't be so sure Alamoti playing on the wing in Cup is an indicator that we are planning for him to be a winger. As with Mav spending time at prop, Sommerton at lock, Cole in the centres, we often shift players around in Cup to help them get the work they need on something in particular that we think they'll need when the get to the NRL. They may just want Alamoti more used to doing the tough carries or gaining a better understanding of how his defensive decisions impact what his winger has to contend with.

I don't expect to see anything drastic from the team but if we're just using that 14 as insurance, I'd be keen to see Cole get a run there to see what he can do. There's no reason why that player can't get more minutes in games when we are in control.

MugaB

Coach
Dyl
Tito
Tago
TMay
To'o
Luai
NC
Leota
MK
JFH
Soro
Marto
Yeo

Laurie
LSmith
Henry
Garner

Let's not re-invent the wheel. If we have to rest players for injury then thats fine.
There's no way ivan will be putting Henry back out there again after the knock he got last Saturday, pick a different guy on the bench

Iamback

Coach
I think 2 things are in play here . 1) Alamoti playing wing in nsw cup and 2) Alamoti resigning for an another season - perhaps suggests that Turuva might be let go and Alamoti will be thrust into NRL as a replacement in 2025.

McLean or Cole as center options with May shifting back to wing (on Tago’s side) wouldn’t be a bad move either.

Casey McLean is way off FG.

defensively he reads the play well enough but his 1st contact is poor.

It is understandable given his age but he is more a 2026 option

Kilkenny

Coach
Jesse had been on the wing, I'd have to see him in NSW Cup centre before that
He hasn’t really set the world on fire either.

On form, if something we’re to happen injury wise to either To’o or Turuva surely Alamoti would be in front of Jesse.

Jesse has been talked up a lot, but I’m yet to see the hype.

Black Panther

Juniors
Surely the club must be thinking Turuva will leave at seasons end. Alamoti has been playing Wing in NSW Cup and Jesse too. They might be trialling them for next year

Alamoti would make a good Centre IMO in the Panthers setup where he grew up playing. Seems a little bit odd that he is playing Wing and Cole who they see as the Luai replacement playing Centre. A lot of good players do start out as Centres though before going into the Halves as Fittler and Daley di. Not saying Cole is in that catergory either, just saying.

Latest posts