What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Wests Tigers @Bathurst

Kilkenny

Coach
Surely the club must be thinking Turuva will leave at seasons end. Alamoti has been playing Wing in NSW Cup and Jesse too. They might be trialling them for next year

Alamoti would make a good Centre IMO in the Panthers setup where he grew up playing. Seems a little bit odd that he is playing Wing and Cole who they see as the Luai replacement playing Centre. A lot of good players do start out as Centres though before going into the Halves as Fittler and Daley di. Not saying Cole is in that catergory either, just saying.
I assume Alamoti is being played on the wing, just to give him more experience in that role as the next man up if either To’o or Turuva get injured, or during SOO when To’o will be u available. On form and experience he is clearly in front of McLean. If one of the centres goes down he can slot straight in there.

Iamback

Coach
He hasn’t really set the world on fire either.

On form, if something we’re to happen injury wise to either To’o or Turuva surely Alamoti would be in front of Jesse.

Jesse has been talked up a lot, but I’m yet to see the hype.

He is so young. So still has time on his side but a full year without injury will help.

Alamoti you'd think is next up

Iamback

Coach
I assume Alamoti is being played on the wing, just to give him more experience in that role as the next man up if either To’o or Turuva get injured, or during SOO when To’o will be u available. On form and experience he is clearly in front of McLean. If one of the centres goes down he can slot straight in there.

That is how I see it, Again he is one that could still be in Flegg next year. So is very young and raw so the extra year here and getting new skills will help

Michael Matral

Juniors
This is from the Sydney Morning Herald today -
Penrith superstar Nathan Cleary has had a minor setback in his recovery from a hamstring injury and is now racing the clock to prove his fitness to play the Wests Tigers next week.
The Panthers have the week off with the bye this weekend and were confident Cleary would make his return from a hamstring injury in time for next week’s game against the Tigers in Bathurst.
Panthers halfback Nathan Cleary is racing the clock to be back next week.

Panthers halfback Nathan Cleary is racing the clock to be back next week.CREDIT:GETTY
However, Cleary’s recovery hasn’t progressed at the rate the club would have hoped and may still be a couple of weeks away from returning to the paddock. The Panthers have said he hasn’t aggravated the injury.
The Panthers take on the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville the following round.

Cleary suffered the injury in the final minutes of Penrith’s round three win against the Broncos at BlueBet Stadium. He also missed part of last year’s Origin series with a hamstring injury.

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
There are pics up of him training so we will see how true this is on Tuesday I guess.
Edited for clarity: Taylan May training not Alamoti.

Latest posts