What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 (2006) Lions v Raiders

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Well, it is the same in other sports like Gymnastics and Diving. The routine or dive is performed, then the judges determine a score.

I guess this is kind of like putting your money on the footy rather than on the horses. It lasts longer this way so you can enjoy it more :)

antonius

Coach
Lions Scores
parra_panther
RANDOM THOUGHTS
747 Words
An article that probably reflects the thoughts of fans of other clubs as well. The writer looks at the critical areas of his team and offers an opinion on them.
Score 85

Redflutterby
The toys I love…
749 Words
I was enjoying the read, when it finished so abruptly, I had to check that I hadn’t lost some when copying and pasting. This is a piece that needed a longer word count. Definitely out of the square, but a bit thin because of the word limit. Maybe just having five teams would’ve allowed a bit more detail for each team. Still “A” for originality.
Score 87

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]
The Video Referee.
746 Words
Some good thoughts on the vid ref in this one. What’s the answer? I doubt we’ll ever please everyone. The piece for me tended to get a little jumbled in the reading towards the end, none the less the writer puts forward constructive criticism.
Score86

Black Kitty
My True Love
748 Words
I found this piece a little up and down in the reading. Good story, but just misses that something to make it stand out. All about a fans introduction to the game of league. Some minor grammatical errors that weren’t penalised.
Score84

Steel Dragon
Unconditional Love, Unquestioned.
748 Words
An account of a fans love of the game. Written with obvious passion.
Score 85

Lions Total 427

Raiders Scores

Stelios Giannakopoulos (Schfty)
Endless Options
702 Words
Some suggestions on betting options that could be introduced. A clever idea, but just didn’t quite get there to keep me wanting to read on.
Score 83

thickos
Scapegoats
750 Words
Good reading. All clubs have them don’t they? I can relate this to players in my club.
Score86

Timbo
Dispelling the Myth
750 Words
Well presented piece on the superleague war, and what might have been. I have to say, I wish we still had the Reds, and Rams in the comp, and the point is well made that we really don’t have a national competition despite the name.
Score 87

I Bleed Green
Experience Schmerience.
750 Words
I’ll be watching the Raiders with extra interest next season after reading this. A piece about experience versus youth. Well written
Score 87

Dubby
A prophetic vision of the 21st Century.
748 Words
Excellent reading. A descriptive, and stirring read. Held my interest from start to finish.
Score89
Raiders Total 432

Raiders 432 defeated Lions 427
MOTM Dubby

Thanks for the quick and detailed marking antonius.

Bad luck Lions, but kudos for getting all 5 posters in. Hopefully you'll be back stronger next year.

Well done fellow Raiders, let's keep rolling.

Jesbass

First Grade
*watches on from the sidelines*

Well done, Raiders.

Hard luck, Lions. I reckon you've still got a win in you, though, and no better time to pull that out than in the final round - the battle for, (or rather from), the wooden spoon.

Raider_69

Post Whore
unlucky lions, put up a good fight

welldone dubby for his first MOTM (first of many im sure :D)
The raiders juggernaut starts rolling on toward the finals

Master Vippo

Juniors
Fastest marking ever!

Well done Raiders, i was kinda hoping you wouldnt win, you could stand between us and the finals!!

thickos

First Grade
Great game!

Commiserations to the Lions, and thanks for the quick marking antonius.

Good work my fellow Raiders, esp. Dubby - great, captivating article - well done :D

choc_soldier

Coach
QUACK! :lol:

Yet to break our duck for this year! The old saying "so close, yet so far!" But I really loved the effort put in (as always!)

Great game played by all, and congratulations to the Raiders! :clap:

Best of luck for the rest of the year. :)