What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8: Dragons v Roosters

God-King Dean

Immortal
To those who would like to be a serious moderator, please make your application. There are some who seem to have ideas about how things should be run, so please step forward.

There are certain guidelines attached, but I'm sure you would be enlightened by the experience. This is fair dinkum.

I nominate Dino.

I don't think nabuli will be playing prob I feel he will go back on the left wing, an with friz back from suspension Mathews drops to the bench at the expense of marketo he has had one or two standard maybe above standard games but other than that lack any real impact compared to other players in the team I also this Heath is a bit of a weak link not sure if we should trial rein for 80 mins next game an go for all forward on the bench as I think we will need them against a big Souths team I no ever since rein has had Heath come into the team sharing the rake duties he's really stepped up who's to say he can't continue that
Heaths passing from dummy half at times can be a bit nerv racking just an opinion
Up the Saints

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I don't think nabuli will be playing prob I feel he will go back on the left wing, an with friz back from suspension Mathews drops to the bench at the expense of marketo he has had one or two standard maybe above standard games but other than that lack any real impact compared to other players in the team I also this Heath is a bit of a weak link not sure if we should trial rein for 80 mins next game an go for all forward on the bench as I think we will need them against a big Souths team I no ever since rein has had Heath come into the team sharing the rake duties he's really stepped up who's to say he can't continue that
Heaths passing from dummy half at times can be a bit nerv racking just an opinion
Up the Saints

Agree with everything your saying, except the bit about Rein playing 80 minutes. IMO, he can't play 80 minutes and be effective. We need a utility on the bench, whether it's heath, keating or even Garvey.

That is my only concern as well I just don't think Heath it our man maybe give Garvey a go Keating should be behind hutcho an crook we could try bleeding one of them boys into top grade like a lot of other teams are doing

brissiedragon

Juniors
f**k yeah! Suck shit you rorter merkins!

Wish JWH got struck by lightning and I could piss on his body, and he would be electrocuted further.

That is the worst idea I have ever heard

If the lightning hits while you are pissing on the body you are going to get electrocuted too

Get a hose and funnel ( all plastic), piss in a bucket (plastic) and pour it down a the funnel from the safety of the stands. Personally, I wouldn't want 20000 volts shootin up the old fella.

Mr Red

First Grade
Nabuli was ruled out with a minor knee complaint so I'd assume he will bee back on the left wing against Souths

Not too sure about about that to be honest. I think Peter M deserves to be kept. Far more involvement and runs with the ball compared to Nabuli . Farrell had his best game yesterday so he is safe for now as well..

Nabuli has all the promise to be a dominant winger an this far has been quiet solid bar a few bad defensive reads, op teams have targeted him massively on his first games of top grade ie bombing him with countless difficult kicks which from memory he hasn't dropped one every run he's had his met by four defenders trying to cut him of yet most times he still makes some good meters which I think other teams realise how much of a threat he is which is why he is targeted so much an to be honest he hasn't been given any good ball an pretty much no space is like to see him given more time to prove his worth plus the money he's on yoi put two an two together

Don't get me wrong I really rate Pete I just think he's best suited in the centres as he creates a lot of opportunitys for his winger I remeber him setting Morris up quiet a few times last year

giboz71

First Grade
Well I think our pack isnt going too bad.. but to be in the same realm as the rich sides, were around 2 powerful marquee forwards, and 2 marquee backs (with speed), plus a couple extra decent blokes sitting in the cutters for depth..

But yes what Mary and co have done with the clay theyre moulding.. phenomenal.. might have timed our run too early, time will tell, but who cares.. this run will give fans and players belief for this year and next.. and hopefully allow us to sign a couple of those marquees..

Really? You think we're still 6 players away from being a marquee team after last nights performance??

At the beginning of the year, I may have agreed with you, but what's been made clear is that the current squad has improved out of sight, most likely as a result of the efforts of the new coaching staff.

Agree we still need to be looking at the player market, but this squad is doing pretty good. I wasn't sure we were premiership contenders until last night, but I'm starting to believe .

TheRev

First Grade
Really? You think we're still 6 players away from being a marquee team after last nights performance??

At the beginning of the year, I may have agreed with you, but what's been made clear is that the current squad has improved out of sight, most likely as a result of the efforts of the new coaching staff.

Agree we still need to be looking at the player market, but this squad is doing pretty good. I wasn't sure we were premiership contenders until last night, but I'm starting to believe .
Absolutely.. I mean we can compete & win games, but we are punching way above our weight.. throw in a couple of forwards like a Matt Scott or a Toumanalano (sp) or a Moa, then replace all of the outside backs bar Nightingale with genuine speed and power..

We are playing our socks off, but were still a B-Grade roster, all be it with a couple of blokes looking to improve during 2015.. the sooner Aitken can be moved the better also, he (like Farrell) are only providing defence right now.

Were ok for a few positions like the halves (thankfully Widdop & Benji are in form, neither are A-Grade DCE/Thursten/Hunt territory though).

Im loving this run like you are, but we are more like a Tigers of 2005 or Dragons of 2009/2010, were playing above our weight.. and we can win.. but were not on a level playing field.

There was a time when ordinary players pulled on the red V and grew 10 feet tall within seconds Rev.

Given the spirit shown over the past 6 weeks, I am getting the feeling that the coaching staff and players are men on a mission.

Lets enjoy the ride. Trent Robinson found out this weekend that games are not won on paper.

If the players and coaching staff maintain this level of commitment and passion for the balance of the season, we may well find ourselves playing final four footy this year !

Long way to go. But I am starting to get the same feeling we all had during 2010.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions !!! All hail the red V !!!!!

giboz71

First Grade
There was a time when ordinary players pulled on the red V and grew 10 feet tall within seconds Rev.

Given the spirit shown over the past 6 weeks, I am getting the feeling that the coaching staff and players are men on a mission.

Lets enjoy the ride. Trent Robinson found out this weekend that games are not won on paper.

If the players and coaching staff maintain this level of commitment and passion for the balance of the season, we may well find ourselves playing final four footy this year !

Long way to go. But I am starting to get the same feeling we all had during 2010.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions !!! All hail the red V !!!!!

Yep I agree with you.

All I ever asked is for the team to play with spirt and commitment, something which had been sadly missing the last 3 years, until now.

And as you say, sometimes that is worth more than talent on paper.