What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8: Penrith v GC

WestyLife

First Grade
Can anyone come up with a 3,2,1 tonight??

Dylan saved probs 3 or 4 tries in the first half...made more meters than anyone on the ground... but he made a few costly errors

Fish... most meters for a forward... thought hes effort was great but same as edwards, few costky errors and penalties...

Our two most reliable were probably our best but hurt us our most at crucial times.

Ive put my hand up for this one a number of times but i was so wrong about eiso... hes a very good nrl player.

For me leota should work his was back in thro nsw cup.

Same as brian too.... no one other than nath, yeo, fish or api has a solid spot in our team..

Staines and tmay have been to good to drop...brian can earn his spot.. he was underwhelming to start the year and looked under done. The current to are digging in and having a crack.

I love what soni luke offers in attack but hes defence tonight showed glimpses of what most our worries about...

Misses, shirt grabs and weak initial contact..

We all thought kiks would pull the pin this year... by gosh we were wrong.. man we will miss him..

For me my 3, 2 ,1...for lack of real choices...

Id go edwards 3 just because he saved our bacon 4 time in the first half.

2 fish was in everything

1. Api

1. Cleary
2. Yeo
3. Cleary

Iamback

Coach
And???

Storm wouldve put 50 on us.

Turning over that much ball against a bottom 8 or 4 side is manageable...

Do that against a top team and its game over.

Doesnt matter how good you are.

NRL don't give top sides such a short turnaround

BxTom

Bench
Edwards did very well considering the Ref allowed the kick chasers to be in front of the kicker more than once. Extremely bad ref and the bunker was manned by Sutton so what would you expect. Even blocker made the comment about the officials needing an appointment at specsavers...

Girds89

Bench
1. Cleary
2. Yeo
3. Cleary
No
No
And
No

I said to friends and family during game this week and last few.

Naths game management and big game plays are way off right now..

He just seems to execute things perfectly but it comes after a call from the trainer or coach..

Hes missing it live atm... hes missing it seeing it as it plays out..

Dont get me wrong. It was still a top r hb performance but i thought he just took way too long to read things and took the wrong option at times.

Yeo was solid but wasnt one of his best games.

I dont really think we had a 321 tbh...

But theres no doubt edwards and fish definitly put in the most.. they were in everything

Smug Panther

First Grade
No
No
And
No

I said to friends and family during game this week and last few.

Naths game management and big game plays are way off right now..

He just seems to execute things perfectly but it comes after a call from the trainer or coach..

Hes missing it live atm... hes missing it seeing it as it plays out..

Dont get me wrong. It was still a top r hb performance but i thought he just took way too long to read things and took the wrong option at times.

Yeo was solid but wasnt one of his best games.

I dont really think we had a 321 tbh...

But theres no doubt edwards and fish definitly put in the most.. they were in everything
Nathan set up or scored all our points. Wasn't his best but it was ours

DinkyDi

Juniors
Tago deserves to be dropped for that one play. It was selfish. Stupid and honestly needs to be punished regardless of everything else.

He had a poor game aside from that. But that one play just is so bad it deserves extreme punishment.
What happened?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
And???

Storm wouldve put 50 on us.

Turning over that much ball against a bottom 8 or 4 side is manageable...

Do that against a top team and its game over.

Doesnt matter how good you are.

You're making assumptions again Girds. We played the Tits tonight. Cue if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Smug Panther

First Grade
One small thing and yes is was only the Tits but I thought the Api/Soni interchange was pretty poor. Ivan might only be testing him but Luke shouldn't be closing out games, a stint in the middle is the go imo

hindy111

Post Whore
8 straight is still amazing. Better to get the ugly one out of the way before some big games. 5 day turnaround didn’t help, and next week at least we have 7.

Irony is Parra go to Darwin and have a short turn around. Almost impossible to come from Darwin and win with a 6 day turn around. I'm giving Eels no chance now.

hindy111

Post Whore
I felt like that was a shit game of footy. Unsure how Titans broke 51 tackles and only managed one try. Just a low quality game. Poor intensity and boring. But over a season youll get a handful of those.

The Realist

Juniors
The true positive of this game was that we saved a shit performance for a shit team. If we had played like that against a Top 10 side we'd have been beaten. A top 5 side would have flogged us.

Fangs

Coach
Not Tago's best game but not a good game for many players tonight.

I think the big changes will happen post origin. Similar to last year. We will see the same 17 next week barring injuries.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I felt like that was a shit game of footy. Unsure how Titans broke 51 tackles and only managed one try. Just a low quality game. Poor intensity and boring. But over a season youll get a handful of those.
Tits winger is a gun, a Aldi To'o with his tackle breaking ability. He must have got 10 by himself

John Hamblin

Juniors
Can anyone come up with a 3,2,1 tonight??

Dylan saved probs 3 or 4 tries in the first half...made more meters than anyone on the ground... but he made a few costly errors

Fish... most meters for a forward... thought hes effort was great but same as edwards, few costky errors and penalties...

Our two most reliable were probably our best but hurt us our most at crucial times.

Ive put my hand up for this one a number of times but i was so wrong about eiso... hes a very good nrl player.

For me leota should work his was back in thro nsw cup.

Same as brian too.... no one other than nath, yeo, fish or api has a solid spot in our team..

Staines and tmay have been to good to drop...brian can earn his spot.. he was underwhelming to start the year and looked under done. The current to are digging in and having a crack.

I love what soni luke offers in attack but hes defence tonight showed glimpses of what most our worries about...

Misses, shirt grabs and weak initial contact..

We all thought kiks would pull the pin this year... by gosh we were wrong.. man we will miss him..

For me my 3, 2 ,1...for lack of real choices...

Id go edwards 3 just because he saved our bacon 4 time in the first half.

2 fish was in everything

1. Api
Are you kidding Nathan had 2 try assists and one try !!

Latest posts