What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8: Penrith v GC

Iamback

Coach
Yeo
May
Cleary

Should be the 3-2-1

Yeo 124m. 36 tackles 1 miss. 0 errors. A couple of try savers

May 182m. 10 tackle busts. 3 tackles 0 missed. Did spill a kick but in a cripple fight 1 dropped kick is find.

Cleary did set up 2 tries. Both kicks so it isn't like he tore the defence apart in doing so

17 tackles. 5 misses is way down on average

The other side of the ball. 55m is also low

May and Yeo are only 2 that can be happy with their performances.

The rest will bounce back but won't be happy with what they put out

Black Magik

Juniors
I posted earlier that I think this might be that underdog round. Titans played well but our boys stepped it up rather than giving it up.
The sharks went down. I suspect another 2 favourites will go down this weekend.
Glad the Panthers got through it.

Iamback

Coach
Isn't it good no-one was happy with how we won last night but we got the 2 points. In years gone by we would celebrate every win because we didn't win that often. Big test next week with a full house can't wait.

I understand the reasons for it. Was effectively a 4 day turnaround

The side won't be happy

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
Gotta give salmon credit.. bagged him alot but hes been decent.

Nothing amazing but hes doing a job.

Id still like to see c smith on the bench.
Particularly in tough games.. like the storm etc.. i think having that extra go forward from a proper forward is so beneficial.

Ivan only seems to have the confidence to put salmon on when we are well on top.
I get his there for an injury but imo if your on the bench the coach has to have the confidence to play you in a tough fight of a game too.

Anyway, hes done well so far granted we have had a lot of easy games but credit to him he hasnt let anyone down.

chrisD

Coach
We were pretty shit but it’s got to be hard to get up for that sort of game. We fell back on our defensive structure which got us through.

GongPanther

Referee
I posted earlier that I think this might be that underdog round. Titans played well but our boys stepped it up rather than giving it up.
Warriors and Dogs convey their appreciation.

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven’t watched a replay but probably a better performance than first glance. It was always going to be difficult with the short turn around, travelling interstate, Titans up for it so it was a dangerous game where we got the job done while not at our best. Good result. I expect we will be much better against the Eels at home.

Black Magik

Juniors
Roosters and Eels. Told ya!

Kilkenny

Coach
So are you confident of a win on Friday night?
Different game I wouldn’t read to much into tonight.

The Eels we’re poor, have to contend with a shorter turnaround but they will be hurting on the back of tonight and I’m sure will offer a much tougher test on Friday night.

Latest posts