What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8: Penrith v GC

Taylan tackled short of try line after a break, Tago goes for a scoot out dummy half instead of spreading and loses the ball
I honestly could not fathom why he would decide to go for the short percentage play, where most of the defenders were, to try and be a hero and score, when all he had to do is look right and see a sea of pink jerseys waiting for the pass with virtually no Titans players in front of them.

age.s

First Grade
Nath was very good tonight. Easily our best. A few options could have been better but he kicked well and produced the only moments of real quality in a shithouse game.

Obviously it was pretty unpleasant to watch, but other than a freak try off a set with two knock ons they didn't even get close to scoring. As bad as Tago was with the ball, he (and the rest of our left edge) were very good without it. I don't know if I would drop him. He's clearly trying to hard, but there's nothing to say whether putting him in Cup would help or hurt his nerves. Best thing for him might just be to push through.

Only other thing worth mentioning would be the standard of refereeing, which matched the quality of the football for the most part. Absolutely embarrassing with both teams on the wrong end at times.

Iamback

Coach
I wouldn't say May played bad. The 3 inside him yes

182m. 10 tackle busts. 3 tackles 0 missed. 1 error

The right side in defence was horrible

Staines 3 missed tackles
Crichton 5 missed
Cleary 5 missed
Martin 9 missed

It is one of those games where a player can get man of the match with a 6/10

WestyLife

First Grade
No
No
And
No

I said to friends and family during game this week and last few.

Naths game management and big game plays are way off right now..

He just seems to execute things perfectly but it comes after a call from the trainer or coach..

Hes missing it live atm... hes missing it seeing it as it plays out..

Dont get me wrong. It was still a top r hb performance but i thought he just took way too long to read things and took the wrong option at times.

Yeo was solid but wasnt one of his best games.

I dont really think we had a 321 tbh...

But theres no doubt edwards and fish definitly put in the most.. they were in everything

Cleary was our best by a fairly large margin and was responsible for all our points.

Yeo also had one or two try savers but only Edwards gets recognised for doing it because people are overcompensating for just criticism of Edwards in previous seasons.

martielang

Bench
Not too much to read into tbh. First time we’ve looked complacent but we still got the job done pretty convincing. Had no issue with Luke getting the backend, needs miles in his legs and I don’t think we were ever in trouble.

Storm are the best at blowing poor teams away but that means very little when you’re up against another quality side.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not too much to read into tbh. First time we’ve looked complacent but we still got the job done pretty convincing. Had no issue with Luke getting the backend, needs miles in his legs and I don’t think we were ever in trouble.

Storm are the best at blowing poor teams away but that means very little when you’re up against another quality side.

I've had Penrith at no 1 in my Power rankings but pending on Storms performance this weekend they may leapfrog.

I don't expect sides to play at best every week. It is a long season.

Dropping Tago is ridiculous. He has been playing well. What he did is no different then a rookie throwing a silly flick pass etc...

BossleyPanther

Juniors

Just go get a hooker Ivan, stop this experiment, no time to waste.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I've had Penrith at no 1 in my Power rankings but pending on Storms performance this weekend they may leapfrog.

Dropping Tago is ridiculous. He has been playing well. What he did is no different then a rookie throwing a silly flick pass etc...
We hold ourselves to a higher standard than Parra. The kid getting a fresh up would do no harm

hindy111

Post Whore
We hold ourselves to a higher standard than Parra. The kid getting a fresh up would do no harm

I'm keeping an eye on his career along with Penisini and Suali.
It's going to be great watching these three develop. The more I see of Penisini the more I like. Suali is meant to be the prodigy.

If your going to drop Tago you need a better player and someone who if he plays well keeps his spot. Do you have that in NSW CUP?

Anyhows put the boys on ice. Big game next week for both sides. More for us then you. If we get hammered I'd write us off.
Hoping its a good close game!! Haven't looked forward to a game liek this for a while

mxlegend99

Referee

Zero tackle off a linebreak. Titans defenders rushing back on side. Could easily score spreading it and going under posts.

Tago instead goes for himself in the corner where the only onside defenders were and costs us possession and a guaranteed try.

A mistake isn't a reason to drop him. But being selfish and not a team player is. Panthers are the best because they play as a team and have patience. This was pure selfishness.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
If Tago was to be dropped it should have been this game. Now we face Parra and Melbourne who would you put there, Salman, Jennings ???

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Yeah I said we have no real options so he'll just need to be dealt with at training I guess. I'm sure the boys will smash him about that play, one of the worst I've ever seen
Maybe switch the right to the left where tago can get involved less, but still be around but not against Melbourne at least.

forby

Juniors
Tago is inexperienced. If he did that in NSW Cup 9/10 he scores. He doesn’t deserve to get dropped for this. Some of the hits he put on Fifita showed he is worthy of his spot.
It was an ugly win, but another record - the first team to ever have 8-0 starts in consecutive seasons!

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Tago is inexperienced. If he did that in NSW Cup 9/10 he scores. He doesn’t deserve to get dropped for this. Some of the hits he put on Fifita showed he is worthy of his spot.
It was an ugly win, but another record - the first team to ever have 8-0 starts in consecutive seasons!

Exactly Forby.

Also don't forget the Titans played quite well last night.

The Titans would have won that game against most teams. Prossibly the only exemption is Penrith and the Storm. They defended really well.

In Fish's interview last night he spelt out the mistakes coming out of yardage. Also of note the humidity was at 89% I'm sure that affects handling, and might explain some of the errors.

Smug Panther

First Grade
He's dropped like 7 balls in the last 2 games. Hes a gun but he's not ready. Every player is different so he might be better staying in the side or might be better dropping back for a few weeks

Iamback

Coach
Yeah I said we have no real options so he'll just need to be dealt with at training I guess. I'm sure the boys will smash him about that play, one of the worst I've ever seen

If he gets a bath across the next 2 games than Ivan will have to do it.
He clearly has faith in Jennings or would of signed someone.

Better to get the issues fixed now so he can come back for the finals

Iamback

Coach
He's dropped like 7 balls in the last 2 games. Hes a gun but he's not ready. Every player is different so he might be better staying in the side or might be better dropping back for a few weeks

I did predict a down period for him
It happens with rookies

hindy111

Post Whore
Zero tackle off a linebreak. Titans defenders rushing back on side. Could easily score spreading it and going under posts.

Tago instead goes for himself in the corner where the only onside defenders were and costs us possession and a guaranteed try.

A mistake isn't a reason to drop him. But being selfish and not a team player is. Panthers are the best because they play as a team and have patience. This was pure selfishness.

Sure. But he also just ran 80mtrs at full speed. Adrenalin going. Probably wasn't thinking 100%

Latest posts