What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Tigers

Dragon David

First Grade
Madge's tactic for his players to defend and keep us down our end for much of the second half worked well as it caused us to panic and be ineffective in getting into their half. We were fortunate to lead at half time and we had the wind behind us but in the second half they had the wind and were able to get good high kicks down to our players and they were able to contain us most of the time.

Once the Tigers scored their second try, they were going to win by using that tactic.

Our attack was very lack lustre and robotic most of the game and all of the mistakes and missed tackles we made you could see the writing on the wall.

You can tell that things are bad when your best point scorer, Lomax, only scoring 2 points a game in the last 3 albeit he was injured today. We just don't have any attacking flair which is needed for us to score tries and then not being able to defend them.

Our mental and physical state seem to be a big problem in the last 3 games.

Como Connection

First Grade
Bit h
I don't love some of the selections but was a chance for some people to justify their positions in the team. I blame the players more than the coach. Lomax said himself during the game they played frantically. A patient, professional performance would have iced that game.

It was great to see Vaughan yell at Sims after he was called offside. He had a dropped ball either side of that all within 5 mins. Every time one of our blokes spilled the pill we didn't take it as a chance to learn but instead we kept fumbling, some players looking to the ref for excuses instead of just owning their own game. I just wish some of these players didn't get the chance to wear a proud jersey. Kerr, Ellis, Burns, Alvaro...they don't appreciate the privilege. They've been extended a favour in their careers and they can't repay because they are not up to it.

Try something else now coach before we repeat last year v Dogs.
A bit hard on Burns, coming out a professional organization and into a rabble and playing out of position.
CC

Dion

Juniors
A couple of suspensions, but I feel we welcome back the skipper.
Surely, Max comes in to the team at wing.

1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Feagai (Max)
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Kerr
12. Sims
13. Fuimaono

14. Clune
15. Alvaro
16. Maguire
17. Burns/Ellis

Tigers will be desperate now that their coach is under the gun (or will they).

Intetestingly we are still in 6th spot on the ladder a win actually gives us some space.
We have an uncanny ability to play Teams like the Tigers into form.
We did that again today.
I can't be too critical of todays performance given the lopsided possession and the injuries during the game.
The positive for me was our defence.
Under Mary we would have been flogged today but at least we defended our line in the face of immense pressure.
The biggest negative for me was the performance of our halves.
Norman was totally outplayed by Douie and Hunt was practically invisible.
If Hunt wasn't 100%, Clune would have done better.
No inspiration as our halfback and even less as our captain.

Dion

Juniors
A couple of suspensions, but I feel we welcome back the skipper.
Surely, Max comes in to the team at wing.

1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Feagai (Max)
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Kerr
12. Sims
13. Fuimaono

14. Clune
15. Alvaro
16. Maguire
17. Burns/Ellis

Tigers will be desperate now that their coach is under the gun (or will they).

Intetestingly we are still in 6th spot on the ladder a win actually gives us some space.
We did that again today.
I can't be too critical of todays performance given the lopsided possession and the injuries during the game.
Under Mary we would have been flogged today but at least we defended our line in the face of immense pressure.

Como Connection

First Grade
Bit h
I don't love some of the selections but was a chance for some people to justify their positions in the team. I blame the players more than the coach. Lomax said himself during the game they played frantically. A patient, professional performance would have iced that game.

It was great to see Vaughan yell at Sims after he was called offside. He had a dropped ball either side of that all within 5 mins. Every time one of our blokes spilled the pill we didn't take it as a chance to learn but instead we kept fumbling, some players looking to the ref for excuses instead of just owning their own game. I just wish some of these players didn't get the chance to wear a proud jersey. Kerr, Ellis, Burns, Alvaro...they don't appreciate the privilege. They've been extended a favour in their careers and they can't repay because they are not up to it.

Try something else now coach before we repeat last year v Dogs.
A bit hard on Burns, coming out a professional organization and into a rabble and playing out of position.
CC

epDragon62

First Grade
We did that again today.
To be fair Hunt needed a game back; hopefully next week he is in better knick

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I just cant believe the rubbish we have been serving up since in particular the effort and committment we showed against The Eels.....we look a totally different team now....we looked totally out of our depth today...theres something badly amiss atm..our soul has gone out the window.....you cant tell me we have gone that bad so quickly.....we were never going to be a top 4 or 5 team but seriously we havnt shown that we were ready to play in the last 3 weeks

Wittenberg

Juniors
Moose played well his defence & carries were strong I think he played 80mins. Vaughan was ok, Lawrie was ok. Rest of the pack was well beaten. Kerr in particular was simply awful.

Norman & Dufty were MIA Hunt & Bird tried. Feagai showed a lot of promise losing Lomax then Ramsey was critical.

Burns was a real worry I know he played out of position but he was simply terrible.

I expect big changes next week. Junior Amone 18th man was telling
Unfortunately I don’t know how we can make big changes, Rava, JP and Lomax definitely out and given the difficulty in overcoming rib injuries are I think Ramsey will be out as well. Burns is no centre and only Ford could come into the pack. Don’t forget we have one player also on report. Sullivan and Amone could come in but we might be sacrificing a game where a victory is possible. Assuming the players I mentioned are out we probably have no choice but to bring in Williame. Bird’s defence is too inconsistent. McGuire, McCollock and Lawrie really need pats on the back for their defence and work rate.

redv13

Bench
Unfortunately I don’t know how we can make big changes, Rava, JP and Lomax definitely out and given the difficulty in overcoming rib injuries are I think Ramsey will be out as well. Burns is no centre and only Ford could come into the pack. Don’t forget we have one player also on report. Sullivan and Amone could come in but we might be sacrificing a game where a victory is possible. Assuming the players I mentioned are out we probably have no choice but to bring in Williame. Bird’s defence is too inconsistent. McGuire, McCollock and Lawrie really need pats on the back for their defence and work rate.
Wiliame is injured at the moment so doubt he’ll be available anytime soon

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
From what i saw and heard of the game at work we are still the same average side. Effort is down again, errors are back, poor discipline is back, fatigue has set in again and we're still right where we started. We have lost these sort of games for a while now and its a slight improvement that we are 4 and 4 if anything but it now counts for little.
Players are looking flat again and those small 1% efforts they were giving a few weeks ago are gone.
Huge cracks are setting in and Hook will somehow need to set them right.
With players now dropping with injury, we're in serious trouble.
Totally agree our line speed and desire for defence was great for three to four weeks it has totally gone for some reason. Kerr is not an edge player and for mine should be moved back to middle or even reserves to find some mongrel for a big man i think he lacks.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Despite how poor our handling was at crucial times, if Burns crosses for a try in the first half i believe we would have gone on to win that game. Great one on one leg tackle by the Tigers ‘Cini’ on debut prevented it from happening, something we could not emulate with an arm grab on Joey Leilua later on. Yep, no room for leg tacking in the game anymore ......what crap!

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Totally agree our line speed and desire for defence was great for three to four weeks it has totally gone for some reason. Kerr is not an edge player and for mine should be moved back to middle or even reserves to find some mongrel for a big man i think he lacks.
Spot on lacks mongrel .... I didn't see any the last couple of games , McGuire ,Sims , Lawrie all gone off the boil .... Earlier games Lawrie was into them , Sim as well ... Its like Hook has told them to tone it down .... Don't know the reason but when things are not happening you need someone to put the opposition off their game , and if it means being a mongrel then be it .... Back on McGuire even with his reputation you would think he would be showing the way ..... The whole pack has been very lame since the Parra game ....

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Spot on lacks mongrel .... I didn't see any the last couple of games , McGuire ,Sims , Lawrie all gone off the boil .... Earlier games Lawrie was into them , Sim as well ... Its like Hook has told them to tone it down .... Don't know the reason but when things are not happening you need someone to put the opposition off their game , and if it means being a mongrel then be it .... Back on McGuire even with his reputation you would think he would be showing the way ..... The whole pack has been very lame since the Parra game ....
If you had seen Sims against Easts i think you’d have a different opinion. Had a real crack! The rest of your comments i agree with you apart from your perspective about the coach. I’d be pretty confident he wouldn’t be instructing them to ‘ tone it down’.

Illusion

Bench
If you had seen Sims against Easts i think you’d have a different opinion. Had a real crack! The rest of your comments i agree with you apart from your perspective about the coach. I’d be pretty confident he wouldn’t be instructing them to ‘ tone it down’.
No I don't think the coach has anything to do with it .... I said it was like he has told them to tone it down( I being sarcastic ) ..... point taken on Sims .....

redv13

Bench
Despite how poor our handling was at crucial times, if Burns crosses for a try in the first half i believe we would have gone on to win that game. Great one on one leg tackle by the Tigers ‘Cini’ on debut prevented it from happening, something we could not emulate with an arm grab on Joey Leilua later on. Yep, no room for leg tacking in the game anymore ......what crap!
Agree. Burns had Laurie beaten and the young fella saved them big time with a huge legs tackle. Game changer right there

Latest posts