What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Tigers

We continue to play bumblef**k bonehead football . . our error count especially missed tackles is far too ingrained to be considered anything more than a mediocre side. A coach that allows a side to keep doing the same dumb shit each week but apparently expects a different result isn't what we want but is what we have!

boardlumps62

Juniors
As they say can't win without the ball and we gave them heaps. Didn't realise but every possible way we gave the ball to them.
Next week hope we see some young blokes blooded should be backs mainly as we don't have many forwards to bring through. Maybe Poasa comes back what happened to him.
Will miss Zac

Mickthedragon

Juniors
From what i saw and heard of the game at work we are still the same average side. Effort is down again, errors are back, poor discipline is back, fatigue has set in again and we're still right where we started. We have lost these sort of games for a while now and its a slight improvement that we are 4 and 4 if anything but it now counts for little.
Players are looking flat again and those small 1% efforts they were giving a few weeks ago are gone.
Huge cracks are setting in and Hook will somehow need to set them right.
With players now dropping with injury, we're in serious trouble.

kit66

Bench
3/4 weeks ago thinking 7 to 10th, now realistically bottom 4.

Yeah, I'm losing all my patience but.......in thinking can we be any more sh*t, I look and see we are still 6th on the ladder and that all 10 teams below us are in negative for for and against. Weird competition this year, I'd like to blame it on the new rules but christ there's been some truly awful footy been played so far, today included from us and Wests.

Gareth67

First Grade
I did mention earlier in the week that I had a bad feeling about this game . For mine the signs were there in the last 2 matches , lack of commitment by some - most players unfortunately.

They appeared to be merely going through the motions , perhaps expecting their teammate to make the play that would somehow put points on the board .

Not to be unfortunately , every player needs to contribute in each and every play of the game to some degree . There is no Mr Miracle man in the Dragons outfit therefore only good teamwork and 100% commitment in both attack and defense will suffice .

Griffin will need to go back to the drawing board to discover just what has happen to the early season form where the team showed so much promise , as right now they simply look lost , dare I say it - have no pride in themselves .

A truly disappointing effort from a team that is capable of far better football .

Maddragon99

Juniors
No words for that performance.

Changes required but we simply don't have the troops.

Burns is not ready for 1st grade, that's obvious.
The Kerr experiment should now be put to bed as teams have worked out his defensive flaws.
Norman, well, again had the opportunity to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and failed.
Did Dufty play today?
Hunt, didn't look fit and was tentative missing 9 tackles

I have no idea what our game plan was, only saw what we have witnessed over the last 8yrs and that's 1 out running, no spread, no variation. If the plan was to beat them through the middle, it failed miserably.

With Lomax, Ramsey (probably), JP and Rave out next week, who do we play?

Williame hasn't been sighted for a couple of weeks even in reserve grade. Matt Feagai has just returned from injury. Bud still out injured. SSE is still only a DS player.
Maybe Norman to centre (because we have no-one else) and Clune and Hunt in the halves.
In the forwards, Ford to come back in for Burns, maybe Faama but he has just played 1 game in a couple of weeks also.

Oh Trent, if you had just stuck around for a couple more weeks.
If Sullivan is fit I think he comes in for Norman it’s time to move on & look to the future. Max played pretty well with very limited opportunities, he can fill in for Lomax with Mat coming onto the wing. Ramsey will be difficult to replace if he can’t back up.

Kerr has to go Fuimaono or Ford to replace him Moose starting lock for the remainder of the season he impressed me in a well beaten team.

No wonder Bird has been playing centre not lock his defence is pretty bad.

Canterbury will fancy their chances next week.

BLM01

First Grade
Yeah, I'm losing all my patience but.......in thinking can we be any more sh*t, I look and see we are still 6th on the ladder and that all 10 teams below us are in negative for for and against. Weird competition this year, I'd like to blame it on the new rules but christ there's been some truly awful footy been played so far, today included from us and Wests.
only shining light is our defence in the middle is Ok
Not as good on the edges ATM
still time and can improve but our attack today was very poor

Coffs dragon

Bench
That was nothing short of a Spoon worthy performance. Sadly, the other bottom dwellers like the Dogs, Tigers, Broncos, Cowboys have some young fast exciting players that can score tries and give their fans hope for the future.
We have some Dad’s Army plodders & a road block at 5/8.

kit66

Bench
3/4 weeks ago thinking 7 to 10th, now realistically bottom 4.

thebigredv

First Grade
So many times our last coach persisted and persisted and persisted with the same underperforming, out-of-their-depth players. I just want to see our coach drop some of these. We have to get something out of this year. Blood some more youth or something. It's a lousy roster we have but you can't keep rewarding the same errors. Please, give the fans something.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
That would be a good idea and I agree but we are so short on backs we might not have that option.
I know, appreciate where your coming from but i’d do it anyway. Necessity is the mother of invention and we need to change now! Couldn’t care less where we are on the ladder just sick of playing silly football. In fairness, actuality thought the effort was there at times (despite miss tackles) and we never threw in the towel; kick chases were great early and we defended our goal one to the end but some of our blokes just aren’t at this level over 80 mins. Can’t bring our strike players like Lomax ,Duffy and Hunt into the game when we give away possession so easily and at such crucial times in the game. Two losses at home; never used to surrender advantages like that!

ozbuck

Juniors
I can't believe Anthony Griffin did not get the boys fired up for this game. This was absolutely crucial...two losses on the trot, back playing at WIN stadium, against a team completely out of form, and he has the boys show up playing that passionless footy.

Why are the players showing up half hearted. Coach's responsibility to get the teams mindset right.

Just the same as Mary.

Soft underbelly and no identity.

thebigredv

First Grade
This forum has been locked in a loop for years. 'dont have the cattle, don't have the coach, don't have the effort, don't have the spirit".

I just really feel sorry for us, and bitterly frustrated. Not a lot of great footy has been played by us in the last decade and there's been little to get excited about. It's abundantly clear the recruiters in the club have let us down. We can't even begin to rebuild at this point.

And the real joke of it all?? If the regular season finished today this team would be playing finals.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I know, appreciate where your coming from but i’d do it anyway. Necessity is the mother of invention and we need to change now! Couldn’t care less where we are on the ladder just sick of playing silly football. In fairness, actuality thought the effort was there at times (despite miss tackles) and we never threw in the towel; kick chases were great early and we defended our goal one to the end but some of our blokes just aren’t at this level over 80 mins. Can’t bring our strike players like Lomax ,Duffy and Hunt into the game when we give away possession so easily and at such crucial times in the game. Two losses at home; never used to surrender advantages like that!
I would play Bird off the bench as an impact player coming on at lock roaming around doing his thing. I always thought that’s what he’d do anyway. JDB or a new signing may be available soon too so that would help. Just like last season we lack strike, even players like Ramsey that could probably go 100 meters they can’t get in the position to put him away. An offload or two wouldn’t hurt either.

ozbuck

Juniors
This forum has been locked in a loop for years. 'dont have the cattle, don't have the coach, don't have the effort, don't have the spirit".

I just really feel sorry for us, and bitterly frustrated. Not a lot of great footy has been played by us in the last decade and there's been little to get excited about. It's abundantly clear the recruiters in the club have let us down. We can't even begin to rebuild at this point.

And the real joke of it all?? If the regular season finished today this team would be playing finals.

"I can't fault their effort today" - Griffin.

There was over 25 missed tackles from memory. That's a sign of lack of commitment and intent.

Whilst you've got Bennett not happy with the Bunnies attitude even tho they're playing high quality footy.

History is repeating itself. Another few loooooong years

thebigredv

First Grade
I can't believe Anthony Griffin did not get the boys fired up for this game. This was absolutely crucial...two losses on the trot, back playing at WIN stadium, against a team completely out of form, and he has the boys show up playing that passionless footy.

Why are the players showing up half hearted. Coach's responsibility to get the teams mindset right.

Just the same as Mary.

Soft underbelly and no identity.

I don't love some of the selections but was a chance for some people to justify their positions in the team. I blame the players more than the coach. Lomax said himself during the game they played frantically. A patient, professional performance would have iced that game.

It was great to see Vaughan yell at Sims after he was called offside. He had a dropped ball either side of that all within 5 mins. Every time one of our blokes spilled the pill we didn't take it as a chance to learn but instead we kept fumbling, some players looking to the ref for excuses instead of just owning their own game. I just wish some of these players didn't get the chance to wear a proud jersey. Kerr, Ellis, Burns, Alvaro...they don't appreciate the privilege. They've been extended a favour in their careers and they can't repay because they are not up to it.

Try something else now coach before we repeat last year v Dogs.

thebigredv

First Grade
"I can't fault their effort today" - Griffin.

There was over 25 missed tackles from memory. That's a sign of lack of commitment and intent.

Whilst you've got Bennett not happy with the Bunnies attitude even tho they're playing high quality footy.

History is repeating itself. Another few loooooong years

Over 40 missed tackles I saw. I said it the last two weeks, we are spent and unless we complete at 90% or higher we may not win many other games.

Como Connection

First Grade
"
I would play Bird off the bench as an impact player coming on at lock roaming around doing his thing. I always thought that’s what he’d do anyway. JDB or a new signing may be available soon too so that would help. Just like last season we lack strike, even players like Ramsey that could probably go 100 meters they can’t get in the position to put him away. An offload or two wouldn’t hurt either.
"An offload or two".
Dragons don't attempt to do so and have no idea how to stop numerous offloads each game.
CC

boardlumps62

Juniors
So many times our last coach persisted and persisted and persisted with the same underperforming, out-of-their-depth players. I just want to see our coach drop some of these. We have to get something out of this year. Blood some more youth or something. It's a lousy roster we have but you can't keep rewarding the same errors. Please, give the fans something.
Bring in the Feagai Boys for a start. Then do we have a fullback around 20 yrs old. Do we have a forward to sit on the bench something.

Latest posts