What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Eels

possm

Coach
GET RID OF MCIDIOT
My message to SGI management is that you have now secured Mary's financial position for life and in doing so, paid out on the last leg of the 'old boys deals' made prior to Doust's term as CEO.

Now it is time to act in the best interest of SGI. I say go find a top line coach, sack Mary, pay him out and begin the long journey to restore sound management to SGI.

The fan base are fed up with your recent behaviour and are yearning for their Club to be managed in a more professional manor.

gitano

Juniors
My message to SGI management is that you have now secured Mary's financial position for life and in doing so, paid out on the last leg of the 'old boys deals' made prior to Doust's term as CEO.

Now it is time to act in the best interest of SGI. I say go find a top line coach, sack Mary, pay him out and begin the long journey to restore sound management to SGI.

Sack him after just re-signing him....brilliant.

The fan base are fed up with your recent behaviour and are yearning for their Club to be managed in a more professional manor.

Like this one?
manor-685519.jpg

imgres

denis preston

First Grade
With all due respect..he has been here since 2014..he has had long enough to address all the the above issues you talk about....In round 2 this year we also had a healthy lead @ half time against Souths and got whacked 26 - 6 or something close to that margin...

I am not a Mary "Hater "... in fact I used to admire him as a player...

the fact is he is so far out of his depth its not funny....How long do you want to give him ?...yes the club has given him til 2021...I will make a prediction now...we will not win a Premiership with Mary and in fact we have a window of opportunity in the next few years which makes his Re-signing all the more premature.

GM , Dragonsteve is like the rest of us but points out that wevé got Mary for at least another (2 ? ) years so don't burst a vessel on what you can't change.With a bit of Luck Mary may improve and the way the players f**ked things up yesterday may force him to deal with it. Mary and his cronies are here to stay so lets move on ( although i know at times how hard that is )

Old Timer

Coach
GM , Dragonsteve is like the rest of us but points out that wevé got Mary for at least another (2 ? ) years so don't burst a vessel on what you can't change.With a bit of Luck Mary may improve and the way the players f**ked things up yesterday may force him to deal with it. Mary and his cronies are here to stay so lets move on ( although i know at times how hard that is )
It's OK to say move on but that can only happen if the coaching staff allow it to happen.
Almost any loss is tolerable if the lessons are learnt and the position improved but here we are talking about basic skills like catching, passing, tackling, not giving away dumb penalties being poor and costing us games and we are 5.5 years in with a coach who has just secured 2 more years.
If the players are to own it then they must be dropped but that doesn't happen.
If the players are incapable of executing these tasks due to their poor skill base then we need to change them but we keep signing them.
If ownership of the problems was taken and action executed this place would be very different but the tome of the forum remains the same just as our way of doing things on the playing and training field does.
The negativity of the forum is merely a reflection of the lack of positive results and complete lack of change to try and secure a different outcome.
Injuries which more often than not are as a result of our style of play are the only things likely to cause change and the ensuing results will cause further consternation and derision but it is all as a result of our lack of preparedness.

hazzbeen

Bench
It's OK to say move on but that can only happen if the coaching staff allow it to happen.
Almost any loss is tolerable if the lessons are learnt and the position improved but here we are talking about basic skills like catching, passing, tackling, not giving away dumb penalties being poor and costing us games and we are 5.5 years in with a coach who has just secured 2 more years.
If the players are incapable of executing these tasks due to their poor skill base then we need to change them but we keep signing them.
If ownership of the problems was taken and action executed this place would be very different but the tome of the forum remains the same just as our way of doing things on the playing and training field does.
The negativity of the forum is merely a reflection of the lack of positive results and complete lack of change to try and secure a different outcome.
Injuries which more often than not are as a result of our style of play are the only things likely to cause change and the ensuing results will cause further consternation and derision but it is all as a result of our lack of preparedness.
Old timer stop making sense .....

hazzbeen

Bench
Hazza,
We have 2.5 years of agony coming our way and a hell of a lot of people seem have altzheimer's and every week is like the first game of a new season to them.
Reality is a horrible thing in respect of where our club is right now.
Yes mate another 2 years of the same with this bloke , the only difference at this stage he has better cattle and still can't find his way . Like you say we have a good win here and there , and everyone forgets how Mary is still the same as when he took over ....

possm

Coach
Wrong, Mary has a contract for the next 2.5 years but could be saked at any time for any reason. All we need is a good alternative coach.

The deal has been done, Mary has his money and the old boys deal has been completed. This is the price we must pay to end this fiasco. It is now time to sack Mary as there is no real gain in keeping him as coach.

True_Believer

Juniors

You obviously haven't read the serenity prayer.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
With all due respect..he has been here since 2014..he has had long enough to address all the the above issues you talk about....In round 2 this year we also had a healthy lead @ half time against Souths and got whacked 26 - 6 or something close to that margin...

I am not a Mary "Hater "... in fact I used to admire him as a player...

the fact is he is so far out of his depth its not funny....How long do you want to give him ?...yes the club has given him til 2021...I will make a prediction now...we will not win a Premiership with Mary and in fact we have a window of opportunity in the next few years which makes his Re-signing all the more premature.

Get Smarty, I marvel at the time you put into keeping us as well informed as possible and thank you most sincerely for your efforts. You would be amongst the last in this Forum with whom I would want to quarrel.

I understand fully your frustrations with Mary and his regular and premature reappointment. I am not sure if in your post you were asking me directly how long I would give Mary or whether it was a rhetorical question. But my answer would be to begin by stating that I was very angry when Mary was not sacked at the end of the 2016 season when he had a year left to run on his contract at that time because I thought he had shown quite clearly his incompetence to hold the coaching position at this level.

On Mary's two extensions I have been disappointed but not as angry. Why? I thought a decision to sack him at the end of 2016 was black and white. JD was on hand at that point as a capable replacement. He had much more of an impact on the NSW Cup than Mary had done in his time. Subsequently the decisions were more 50/50 calls because amongst failings the team has had some successes, admittedly with a stronger roster, and if we are to believe the rumours he maintains the support of the core NRL playing group while there was no obvious replacement at hand. This does not indicate I would have supported the decisions to retain him but have some understanding of why the club did so.

Like you I do not harbour any hopes of a Premiership under Mary but I do not dismiss the possibility of one top 4 finish, though now looking unlikely this year. But even if he achieved that in 2020 or 2021 it would be very slim pickings for 7 1/2 years as Head Coach.

I guarantee if it was the other way around and the broncs hadve thrashed us with a couple of ourour backrow out people would be saying 'see Mary and the management have no idea about recruitment', Mary can't get the best out of fringe footballers like Bellamy can, Mary didn't get the boys up for the game, Mary didn't inspire them at half time, Mary didn't xyz.

Your thoughts about that game are rational. But when people think about the saints' current losses there is no stepping back, thinking about it objectively, etc. It's just "we lossed -> how did Mary contribute to this loss -> that is the #1 reason why we lossed"

It's predictable. It happens here after every loss. The thinking is too rigid.

The team we had in 2009-2011 was special.

Bennett didn't do anything special when he was at Newcastle. I think one year he helped them to get to a semi or prelim. Last year we were 8mins away from a prelim final. ...unfortunately players who should've stepped up to control that last period of the game didn't. That's right; PLAYERS.
I understand your frustration but people criticizing McGregor in 2019 is the culmination of 5 years of watching him in charge of our team.
I believe that people are fed up and aim a lot of criticism his way as a result. Even if, at times it may not be objective.
That's the reason it happens and personally, I don't blame them.
Whatever Bennett did at Newcastle, the guy has won 7 premierships and the team he coaches in 2019 is sitting on top of the table after 8 rounds.
Hard to compare that with where we are at don't you think?
I just think we are long overdue for a change and I am jealous seeing what Bennett is doing at Souths and Hasler at Manly.
Even watching Bellamy blow his stack after losing to Cronulla by 2 points.
We just don't have that kind of focus and quality in our coach's box.

True_Believer

Juniors
A very poor deduction on your part.
Perhaps you should embrace its philosophy.
That's the funny thing with you OT - it's always a poor deduction when you haven't got a good response.

I do embrace it - that's why I don't get worked up over Mary (or his press conferences). I'm guessing you don't have that wisdom the prayer speaks about.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
You can't blame Mary for the loss surely. At 14-0 Saints were flying high and the tactics were working a treat. They weathered the storm and got through the tough part in the game at the beginning where Parra would have been on a high only to let in 3 soft tried. The players lost the game with some really lazy and dumb plays that surely would have had Mary.

What happens next is Mary fault. If he persists with the lazy ill-disciplined players and they play poorly again then Mary should have seen that coming. I think it was really arrogant display by the players. They got to 14-0 and thought they had it won. Then got it back to 18-18 and thought they would win it just like they did against Manly. It just wreaked of arrogance. Whether Mary makes them feel that way that they can beat anyone and just need to turn up and play crap footy is anyone's guess but it did look pretty bad.

In saying that if they improve out of sight next week and put 30+ on the Warriors then you have to give Mary credit. He will have some huge decisions to make this week, lets hope he makes the right ones.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dessie got sacked after extending his contract at the Dogs, I am sure Saints can do the same if it all goes horribly wrong at the end of the season. If anything they should put a clause in the new contract that if things go terrible and he gets sacked, there is no big payout.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Apart from the horrible 'shit the bed' that 2nd half was. That 90m TRY we put on yesterday would probably be THE best team TRY I've seen since the David Waite Era.
Was that good, it gave my new born his first erection...

Latest posts