What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. Rabbitohs Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Well, if Souths weren't favourites going in, they certainly are now. Hodges is a big blow, he isn't irreplaceable in terms of what he brings in 'statistics' but his ability to step up when the game is on the line is going to be sorely missed. It really does bring into the question his future at the club. He's something of a legend, arguably our best centre along-side Steve Renouf but it seems like whenever he over-exerts himself you may as well expect put him in ice for a fortnight.

Depressing blow, it isn't over yet but gee I don't like the look of GI running at Kahu all night. Hopefully the guy learned from his last stint.

Happy to see J. Wallace get given a go over Slyney. Nick has been in good form for the Dolphins, but from a bench forward playing in excess of 10 minutes, all I want is for them to be able to bend the line and not completely flub up in defence. Wallace's lateral movement is of concern, but his technique isn't too bad from memory. I honestly think he might be an upgrade on McGuire from last week - that mistake killed our momentum.

PM Lockyer

Juniors
I'm a big fan of Justin Hodges, don't get me wrong. But it's getting to a point where we need to look forward and think about our options in the centres. I wouldn't even mind hodgo playing off the bench if it meant he could still have an impact and limiting his chances of injury. Massively left field I know but sick of being disappointed every week he pulls out.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Its not all over. But the task just got tougher. Obviously GI side is where they'll attack. But I think we should pay more attention to the forward battle. I'd be looking at moving their forwards around a lot.

DeeJ

Bench
I'm a big fan of Justin Hodges, don't get me wrong. But it's getting to a point where we need to look forward and think about our options in the centres. I wouldn't even mind hodgo playing off the bench if it meant he could still have an impact and limiting his chances of injury. Massively left field I know but sick of being disappointed every week he pulls out.

Yow Yeh was looking like a good prospect to replace Hodges in the future, too bad he got injured.

According to Hodges he hurt his hamstring earlier this year because he had a 30min break (due to half time and sin bin) which cooled him down so I'm not sure if playing him off the bench will help him prevent injury.

gUt

Coach
The bunnies are our bitch but even so I think this time they're going to be ready for us. I think our best hope is they're burned out after a couple of really tough high profile matches.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Depressing blow, it isn't over yet but gee I don't like the look of GI running at Kahu all night. Hopefully the guy learned from his last stint.

Good luck to Kahu but he was very ordinary last week against Sunshine Coast. No problems with defence, but he simply doesn't run hard enough to get to the position he needs to be backing up in attack. Conceded a drop out by being lazy and turned a number of good attacking chances into ordinary plays.

Maybe he is field shy after the injuries, maybe he is lost at fullback or maybe he is disinterested playing Queensland Cup. There's been a few of them over the years.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Going into this we were a class or 2 under souths form even with Hodges playing. Now he's out i can't really say i've seen enough in Wallace, Prince & Macca to think we can go up a few levels up too match them. Broncos have become a predictable side and without Hodges i think the improvised play tonight will be a shambles.

GI for 2 tries, Souths by atleast 12+.

Dazzat

First Grade
We have won only one out of the last eight games we've played without Hodges. He brings more to the game than just dummy half running - just class.

I've tipped the Broncs, but only just.

user_nat

Coach
Terrible performance from the forwards, lead by the captain.

Honestly didn't think the backs were all the awful considering the platform that was laid.

unbreaK

Juniors
Have to agree, Thaiday was absolutely rubbish / invisible the entire game, really sloppy 2nd half performance.

3 - Parker
2 - Parker
1 - Parker

Chainshada

Juniors
3 - Gillett
2 - Parker
1 - Hunt

Thought Gillett was easily our best, even though Parker was useless at the line, his workload and offloads get him 2, Hunt looked the most threatening with ball in hand from our 1/6/7/9/14..

Prince is far too much of a liability..Hunt gets through a decent amount of tackles as hooker, he'll create more in the halves and not have to be protected as much in defence. Yet another unimpressive game from Maranta, but then he didn't get much quality ball outside Kahu.

Big Pete

Referee
Mmm, not too upset. As soon as Hodges pulled out, I knew we weren't much of a chance due to the psychological boost he provides. I feel like Hook tried to overcompensate for the loss of Hodges by trying to change our defensive structures.

That effort straight after half-time was disappointing. Plenty of culprits so I won't single anybody out.

Might have to re-watch for votes. Nobody really stood out for me.

Kiwi

First Grade
Have to agree apart from Gillett and Glenn our forwards didn't turn up, did McCullough even play? Like the looks of Kahu, stop looking for a fullback, but Kahu there next year.

Nerd

Bench
Tried hard but nowhere near good enough.

Near the try line we just look confused. Instead of directing play it looks like Wallace is just hanging around to position himself for his ever so predictable cross field bomb at the end of the tackle count.

Both Reed and Kahu look quite slow compared to their opposing centres.

Besides Hodges and Parker should any other Bronco make the QLD team?

Hannant and Thaiday just look ordinary at the moment.

3 - Parker
2 - Hunt
1 - Hala

Hala needs to see more game time. He was the only Brisbane forward to bend Souths line.

I thought the Rabbits played all over the Broncs but Hook needs to get onto Anderson for some advice on how to reduce the penalty count against the Broncs. It was 8-2 just after the 60 minute mark and ended 8-6 with the usual ref square up but by this time the game was over.

Latest posts