What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. Rabbitohs Discussion + Voting

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Like Lockyer said on the sidelines at the beginning of the 2nd half. We need to come out strong score the first points and keep hitting it up and bring it home strong. Exact opposite happened, didn't look like we wanted to be out there, with Souths shutting down any momentum we had.
Like Big Pete said too many culprits to name in the second half and hard to give the points away this week. Gillett only gets 1 point for that typical no awareness Gillett effort near our line to let Souths scoot thru for an easy one.

3. Parker
2. Hala
1. Gillett

Big Pete

Referee
3. Corey Parker - Head and shoulders the best for the Broncos. By his own standards, a pretty average performance but had a real dig out there.
2. David Hala - Impressive signs off the bench. Made an impact while he was on and gave Souths plenty to be frightened about.
1. Jack Reed - Was johnny on the spot for the second try and I thought defensively he made some really good plays on the line. Any other week and this performance wouldn't rate a mention but Friday night was his lucky night.

Didn't get much easier on replay Leagueaddict. Just as I was leaning towards a player like Prince, Gillett or Hunt they'd come up with a play that would strike their name off.

After the game I didn't feel too disappointed. Without Hodges, I didn't think the boys would have it in them to deal with the psychological hurdle and Souths had more to play for given their abysmal record against us. Thinking on it, this was a fairly depressing result for us. Souths were fairly woeful, finishing the game with a completion rate of 66% and blew plenty of opportunities that were there for the taking. In fairness, the boys showed plenty of ticker in the scramble but it's of little consolation.

What I found most harrowing was the performance of our pack. You can excuse the likes of Maranta & Kahu due to their inexperience but our forwards are our bread and butter. To lose the physical contest so comprehensively and give up 42 tackles to Souths 17 is plain wrong. For a side that plays such a conservative brand of football, to have such poor defence is inexcusable.

We just have to cop it and dust ourselves off for Parramatta next week in a game that is virtually a must win.

Latest posts