What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs Roosters ANZAC DAY GAME

justadragon

Bench
I think the only top shelf game we play is Anzac Day, its our showcase day, I'm embarrassed to see the team we have trotted out, but I will suffer the indignity of us getting a hammering, i was expecting some good news today but it wasnt the team selection, anyway our coach is so far out of touch its not funny anymore, its actually draining. At the very least Sullivan should be there. This is just a nightmare that you never wake up from.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think the only top shelf game we play is Anzac Day, its our showcase day, I'm embarrassed to see the team we have trotted out, but I will suffer the indignity of us getting a hammering, i was expecting some good news today but it wasnt the team selection, anyway our coach is so far out of touch its not funny anymore, its actually draining. At the very least Sullivan should be there. This is just a nightmare that you never wake up from.
We have been having nightmares for over a decade justa and they are getting more gruesome every year. This club has fallen deeper into the black hole and that hole is getting scarier and when we hit rock bottom, that is when we eventually start climbing back up into the daylight but it will take an inordinate amount of time.

Our biggest problem is being a Joint Venture Club - they just don't work.

2010Dragons

Bench
Why is Zane Musgrove in the team?
This dumb merkin doesn't even break the defence line. He is the dopey sleepy merkin who lost the ball when Hudson Young just stripped the ball of him. How f**king hard is it to hold the ball tight?

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Funnily enough not having Walker there for them gives us a chance. His off the cuff style normally destroys us & helps put them on the front foot, making the job easier for Manu, Keary etc who tend to excel on half breaks etc. which we can never defend against.

Dragon David

First Grade
Funnily enough not having Walker there for them gives us a chance. His off the cuff style normally destroys us & helps put them on the front foot, making the job easier for Manu, Keary etc who tend to excel on half breaks etc. which we can never defend against.
I agree Blacksafake. Young Sam Walker can be very elusive and can change the course of a game in just a kick or a dart. Off the cuff stuff is right. Still, Manu has certain gifts that make him stand out so will be tough playing against their spine.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I feel less confident about this game than any other. Roosters have way too much firepower on paper for our puny side. They could target our turnstile defence with their forwards, they could beat us on the outside with speed and footwork, or they could outjump us with Sualii and Tupou. I know the Roosters have looked very average at times this year, but we look very much below average. We might have a chance if we can un-settle them by relentless defensive pressure, like the Dolphins did in round 1. Keary in particular should be a target, he doesn't normally play halfback and he hasn't looked anything special since Cronk retired.

Unfortunately my gut tells me it will be similar to the Brisbane game, where we hold our own for 60 minutes but then get blown away.

blacksafake

First Grade
I agree Blacksafake. Young Sam Walker can be very elusive and can change the course of a game in just a kick or a dart. Off the cuff stuff is right. Still, Manu has certain gifts that make him stand out so will be tough playing against their spine.
Good player Manu but you know he’s normally going to run, especially from dummy half. Plus he’s got no kicking game so all the kicking will come from Keary.
A bit like us with Hunt.

Old Timer

Coach
Why is Zane Musgrove in the team?
This dumb merkin doesn't even break the defence line. He is the dopey sleepy merkin who lost the ball when Hudson Young just stripped the ball of him. How f**king hard is it to hold the ball tight?
Incredibly hard some times due to the dumb arse rule that you can have multiple players in a tackle and one of them with no intention of tackling you but just concentrating on encircling the ball whilst you are trying resist the many opposite forces applied by the others and then they all drop off and the 1 defender left yanks the ball out.

Its a f**ked rule and some teams exploit it to the fullest.

Once there is 2 in a tackle at any stage you should not be allowed to strip the ball that should only happen 1 on 1.

blacksafake

First Grade
Incredibly hard some times due to the dumb arse rule that you can have multiple players in a tackle and one of them with no intention of tackling you but just concentrating on encircling the ball whilst you are trying resist the many opposite forces applied by the others and then they all drop off and the 1 defender left yanks the ball out.

Once there is 2 in a tackle at any stage you should not be allowed to strip the ball that should only happen 1 on 1.
This pi55es me off no end.
A strip should be one on one. Once two or more are or have been in the tackle it should be a penalty. I actually thought Musgroves momentum had stopped, especially with one knee on the ground. Sutton IMO should have called held.

Dragon David

First Grade

Agreed OT.

This pi55es me off no end.
A strip should be one on one. Once two or more are or have been in the tackle it should be a penalty. I actually thought Musgroves momentum had stopped, especially with one knee on the ground. Sutton IMO should have called held.
Also agreed blacksafake.

justadragon

Bench
Well here is a thought, if we get beaten on Anzac day and I believe we will, the Raiders will jump us with their 2 points from the bye, if the Bulldogs win they will jump us and they havent had the bye, if the Cowboys win they will be equal points but possibly a better for and against, plus they havent had the bye, so they will jump us. Well if things go as I have just suggested we will find ourselves at 16th, I'm pretty sure the board wont want to wait until May to do something, but they are the Dragons board, so they will do nothing !!!

Latest posts