What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs the DOGS

chrisD

Coach
Peachey at center is a defensive flaw good teams and players like the Storm and Chambers could exploit and get the same result from every time. Whare is class in some average form.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Peachey at center is a defensive flaw good teams and players like the Storm and Chambers could exploit and get the same result from every time. Where is class in some average form.

Aside from the Bulldogs game no tries have been scored past Whare. Peachey on the other hand is good for a miss every couple of weeks. Worth weighting up

mxlegend99

Referee
Peachey at center is a defensive flaw good teams and players like the Storm and Chambers could exploit and get the same result from every time. Whare is class in some average form.
Watch a few more games from the past few years. Whare was class 4 years ago. He's average now.

You mention one occasion where the best team in the competition exposed Peachey with arguably the best centre in the comp.

Yet ignore all the occassions average centres have carved up Whare. Hell Inglis got carved up by Aitken... if you dropped a centre for one game like that there wouldn't be any centres left. Thats a fact. Every player has had those days.

Our teams best form has come with Peachey at left centre and Blake at right. That is our best centre pairing. Last thing we need while Blakes injured is our other best centre out of position or dropped.

mxlegend99

Referee
Aside from the Bulldogs game no tries have been scored past Whare. Peachey on the other hand is good for a miss every couple of weeks. Worth weighting up
Plenty have been scored down the left. Maloney, Whare, Mansour together were terrible.

You cant blame Mansour solely for those tries when he's left defending half that side of the field on his own.

Centre/wingers need to work as a team and trust each other. Those guys never looked good together.

Stats showed that last year while at centre Dean Whare missed more tackles leading to tries than Blake or Peachey. Although it was very close between them all.

People seem to rate Whare as being in his own league defensively and 4 years ago that was true. Today though he's no better or worse than Peachey in defence. Both have a poor read in them. Both have terrific ones on occassion. Both have been carved up. The defensive differences are do tiny you cant pick one over the other for defence.

Attack though. Peachey is on another planet.

betcats

Referee
Watch a few more games from the past few years. Whare was class 4 years ago. He's average now.

You mention one occasion where the best team in the competition exposed Peachey with arguably the best centre in the comp.

Yet ignore all the occassions average centres have carved up Whare. Hell Inglis got carved up by Aitken... if you dropped a centre for one game like that there wouldn't be any centres left. Thats a fact. Every player has had those days.

Our teams best form has come with Peachey at left centre and Blake at right. That is our best centre pairing. Last thing we need while Blakes injured is our other best centre out of position or dropped.

Who were the bunnies centres last season? Whare got absolutely carved up against them. The broncos carved him up also. As you've said peachey got done by chambers. He is not a worse defender than Whare anymore.

betcats

Referee
Whare being a good defender is the biggest myth on these forums. People just wont let it go no matter how many times he is exposed.

mxlegend99

Referee
Who were the bunnies centres last season? Whare got absolutely carved up against them. The broncos carved him up also. As you've said peachey got done by chambers. He is not a worse defender than Whare anymore.
I think it was that superstar Bryson Goodwin that carved him up.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hahah yeah it was no one special, they had the worst centre pairing in the comp by a long way.
Yet Whare getting carved up by them is fine

Will Chambers does it to Peachey and all the match winning plays he has come up with, all the games he more than covered his opponent etc. Are forgotten completely.

But Whares form 4 years ago is somehow relevant. Just doesn't make sense. Especially when others are written off after one average season.

franklin2323

Immortal
Selective viewing I say. Peachey rushing up has let in more tries then Whare has. The problem with Whare is when he plays well like v GC. The flashy players always get noticed more kinda like with Yeo in the pack

Abacus

Juniors
No changes for me this week unless we have someone returning from injury.

Sharks threw some defensive pressure at us on the weekend and caught us off guard. Likely Dogs will try the same.

Up to the coaching staff and brains trust now to develop a gameplan if the Dogs do try to copy the Sharks. We'll then know whether it is a team deficiency requiring personnel adjustments or whether it was just surprise and/or an off game against the Sharks.

A fair bit of team changes are psychological. Overhauling the team after a single loss implies no confidence in what has worked in previous wins. Its ridiculous after a 4 point loss on the back of 3 wins. We were never going to go undefeated. The Sharks may have shown us an area to improve, now the coach and team get the next game to fix that deficiency.

betcats

Referee
Selective viewing I say. Peachey rushing up has let in more tries then Whare has. The problem with Whare is when he plays well like v GC. The flashy players always get noticed more kinda like with Yeo in the pack

Selective memory? Lol that is what people say when they cant think of anything else to say. Maybe you have selective memory, you wouldn't know it if you did.

Alright well agree to disagree because I really think you have your head in the sand if you cant admit Whare's defence has been shoddy as f**k since he came back, its a fact he isn't a great defender anymore.

OldPanther

Coach
No changes for me this week unless we have someone returning from injury.

Sharks threw some defensive pressure at us on the weekend and caught us off guard. Likely Dogs will try the same.

Up to the coaching staff and brains trust now to develop a gameplan if the Dogs do try to copy the Sharks. We'll then know whether it is a team deficiency requiring personnel adjustments or whether it was just surprise and/or an off game against the Sharks.

A fair bit of team changes are psychological. Overhauling the team after a single loss implies no confidence in what has worked in previous wins. Its ridiculous after a 4 point loss on the back of 3 wins. We were never going to go undefeated. The Sharks may have shown us an area to improve, now the coach and team get the next game to fix that deficiency.

From my point of view our wins and losses don't matter. A few players are weakening the team.

Wallace through no fault of his own just age, really tries his guts out and has been a great service to the club.

Tamou who has had 1 genuinely great game since coming here.

martielang

Bench
I agree with your point re; Wallace but at the moment, given our injury toll, results are everything. I think we need to look at the short-term results wise & we're currently 3/4 with this line up. We probably couldnt of played much worse on Sunday & still should of got the win.

OldPanther

Coach
I agree with your point re; Wallace but at the moment, given our injury toll, results are everything. I think we need to look at the short-term results wise & we're currently 3/4 with this line up. We probably couldnt of played much worse on Sunday & still should of got the win.

Totally fair point.

Why should we have won? We were outplayed and scored a few late

Kev07

Juniors
Edwards needs to work on his passing game also to add another play making threat.
The sweeping play where he recieves the ball more than often dies as he surrenders in the tackle or throws the pass behind the intended player,or the intended receiver gets it with defender already on him.
He needs to receive the ball and straighten then throw the pass instead of going lateral and letting the defense slide with him to intended receiver.
If he can work on the passing side of his game it would be beneficial to the side.

Panthers Jersey Flegg coach Ben Harden has named his side to face St George-Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium on Saturday.

The Panthers will wear the black 2018 Home Jersey.

JF Panthers v JF Dragons
11am Saturday
WIN Stadium

1. Daine LAURIE
2. Justin JONES
3. Shannon HARRIS
4. James CONROY
5. Thomas LOFTS
6. Dean BLORE
7. Toby WESTCOTT
8. Brad GAUT
9. Ryan PRITCHARD