1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 8 vs Tigers

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by soc123_au, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Bench

i was so impressed with Ivan tonight.

W/T members and supporters some of the whingest folks to ever attend a footy game.

I'm sure he'd had a gutful.

I don't blame him.

2. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

He must have been getting a serve from a few Tigers fans. He pointed to the scoreboard & blew them a few kisses. Pretty light hearted, he had a big smile on his face.

WestyLife likes this.
  3. Panfa

Panfa Juniors

Ivan made my night my blood was boiling at the back end of that game.Tigers tried putting us off our game with there niggle and trash talk but didnt pay off.The reffing was biased towards tigers hard again tonight.Some of the 6 agains were laughable and the 2 no tries wow both were dead set tries.

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  4. unKwn

unKwn Juniors

no surprise tigers fans are the biggest whingers of all time, their footy side is so shit they've got nothing else to talk about

Fangs, Hooked and Flashstep like this.
  5. unKwn

unKwn Juniors

no surprise tigers fans are the biggest whingers of all time, their footy side is so shit they've got nothing else to talk about

6. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Wasn't pretty but you need some wins like that across the year

Defence is awesome and Crichton is a star

Ivan gave it to a Tigers fan behind me was a classic

WestyLife likes this.
  7. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Wasn't pretty but you need some wins like that across the year

Defence is awesome and Crichton is a star

Ivan gave it to a Tigers fan behind me was a classic

GongPanther and Kev07 like this.
  8. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

That Edwards try is perfect example of what a fullback should do. Compare that to effort at the end of the Parra game

9. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

That Edwards try is perfect example of what a fullback should do. Compare that to effort at the end of the Parra game

Kev07 likes this.
  10. Zampaa

Zampaa Juniors

May was good. He's here to stay, tackled as well as any forward, with the ball playing ability of a half. He's perfect lock with the way the game has changed where you need ball playing forwards.

11. Zampaa

Zampaa Juniors

May was good. He's here to stay, tackled as well as any forward, with the ball playing ability of a half. He's perfect lock with the way the game has changed where you need ball playing forwards.

12. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

What did the Tigers fan do to get Ivan going? He said in the press conference he didnt react as badly as he felt like.

13. Zampaa

Zampaa Juniors

As good as Burton is, his future is elsewhere, Luai is better at the moment, and Burton won't wait around for his chance like Luai did. Cleary and Luai is our future.

14. BxTom

BxTom Juniors

I think he was referring to something a Tiger fan said...

15. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Coach

Woah, way too early for that talk.

Burton has star quality written all over him, if they’re not working on a plan to get him into the team they’re muppets.

WestyLife likes this.
  16. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Intense game, great to get the two points, lot’s of contentious calls. I thought both our no try’s should both have been awarded but that’s just me I guess.

BJ should have been sent, no doubt, the decision to sin bin was a gutless call by the match official.

Anyway it was clunky again, our main attacking weapon had four or five carries for minimal metres so I am not sure what we practice seven days a week but it is surely not what we should be practising.

More than happy even if we should have done it a little more comfortably.

GongPanther likes this.
  17. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Coach

Re Burton, it just needs some outside the box thinking. If the right injury crops up in the backline to slot him in, then they should try it.

To’o looks like he might miss some time, but I don’t think Burton & Naden can play on the same side. Naden will have to shift to the wing with Whare back into the centres.

18. herbert henry1908

herbert henry1908 Coach

Re Burton, it just needs some outside the box thinking. If the right injury crops up in the backline to slot him in, then they should try it.

To’o looks like he might miss some time, but I don’t think Burton & Naden can play on the same side. Naden will have to shift to the wing with Whare back into the centres.

19. maple_69

maple_69 Bench

Garners shot on Edwards on the ground in the last play should get attention as well. Both just intentionally trying to hurt a defenceless player. Hope Luci is alright but at least that was likely a freak incident.

i thought our disallowed tries were 50/50 and we copped a bucket load of 6 agains but then there was 4 odd 50/50 calls that went our way. Just terrible reffing all round.

Agree we need to find somewhere for Burton. Centre seems to make the most sense. I wonder if we’d look to loan him to the Warriors. Obviously with a clause that we can recall him at any time if Luai/Cleary went down.

Good gritty game. I don’t feel like we were on tonight but this kind of performance is probably our baseline at the moment which is nice. I count 5 tries conceded as a result of structure failing and 4 from defensive mistakes in the last month. The best sides win on the back of defence and our defence is giving our attack every opportunity to get it together.

Also props to Luai on the try safer after the Edwards fumble. Wow what an effort.

GongPanther, tripster, age.s and 2 others like this.
  20. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

To'o injury opens a door. Only takes an injury and he is in the team

WestyLife likes this.