What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Tigers

franklin2323

Immortal
[l

If we end up being worse off you can bring Whare back. But that's incredibly unlikely.

Nadenf filled in for Mansour admirably and Mansour is far more useful to the team than Whare. I havent looked at the stats to back my opinion up. But I cant imagine there's a less effective centre in the competition than Whare.

This. Whare is still around if needed

franklin2323

Immortal
There’s no way to know definitively if it’ll hurt us more defensively than help us offensively.

What we can do is make a best guess, and the numbers say you’d be wrong. Naden has 11 tries in 15 games, Whare has 0 tries in 27 games. I really don’t think Naden’s defence is that much worse to make up the difference.

You gotta risk it to get the biscuit

I’d go even further to say Naden has bombed as many tries as he has scored. So opportunities will come

Kilkenny

Coach
I can half see where martie is coming from, in that you don't want to disrupt what has been a winning formula, but, I can also see where the other posters are coming from. Adding an extra attacking weapon to the side, whilst losing minimally in defence, is an astute viewpoint.

I, personally, tend to lean on the side of taking the punt on improving our attack. I think we can offset the defensive liability with the other defenders around them, while adding an extra arrow to the quiver as it were.

I’m quivering at the thought of making changes to a winning formula.

Kilkenny

Coach
These are the games you simply need to win. We have done all the hard work, beaten and been competitive against the good sides and it would be very disappointing if we don’t get the job done on Saturday night. I worry about these sort of games, if were a little off, they are capable of punishing us.

Whino

Bench
One would think after the touch up the Tigers players gave us last year in the magic round. Some of our players would be keen for payback.

Kilkenny

Coach
One would think after the touch up the Tigers players gave us last year in the magic round. Some of our players would be keen for payback.

Thank’s for reminding Whino, I have been trying to forget that horror show only for you to bring it up!!! (Was it really only last season)

murraymob

Coach
The key to this game is the first 15 minutes.Last time we played them it was over by half time.Bonus is we are starting well in all our games This year

Whino

Bench
Thank’s for reminding Whino, I have been trying to forget that horror show only for you to bring it up!!! (Was it really only last season)

Round 9 May 10th last year. Time flies.
Completely different team this time around.
Last time we had Fuimano in the centres, Luai and Katoa both on the bench with Ellis starting. I don't know what IC was thinking then!

Kilkenny

Coach
So you think we are the complete package?

No not at all. I was just having a little joke with ACT Panthers, I’ll wait and see whether he picks up on it.

I’ve been concerned for four - five seasons now we lacked firepower in the outside backs to compete with the best and I have posted my views on here over those years.

Even if we swap Naden for Whare it may improve us in the short term, but long term we need an absolute superstar winger/centre (or two) before we will go from top 8 to genuine contenders.

I thought Waqa Blake could have been something special but alas he hasn’t quite come on even if he got the business done against us a couple of weeks ago.

franklin2323

Immortal
No not at all. I was just having a little joke with ACT Panthers, I’ll wait and see whether he picks up on it.

I’ve been concerned for four - five seasons now we lacked firepower in the outside backs to compete with the best and I have posted my views on here over those years.

Even if we swap Naden for Whare it may improve us in the short term, but long term we need an absolute superstar winger/centre (or two) before we will go from top 8 to genuine contenders.

I thought Waqa Blake could have been something special but alas he hasn’t quite come on even if he got the business done against us a couple of weeks ago.

To’o and Crichton can be anything really. So I see them as being the stars we have needed.

Something like 75% of our tries have come down the left side. In big games that side will get locked down...Then what? That is where we need improvement in the right

franklin2323

Immortal
These are the games you simply need to win. We have done all the hard work, beaten and been competitive against the good sides and it would be very disappointing if we don’t get the job done on Saturday night. I worry about these sort of games, if were a little off, they are capable of punishing us.

Our defence is too good for them. Even if grind it out

MugaB

Coach
I was there, i travelled ll the way to Suncorp for magic round, only to get the sh!ts, from a piss poor effortless white wash from the tigers, literally we were dressed in all white, thank fk we disguarded that kit this year... pretty in pink while we give it to teams is the way to go

The_Frog

First Grade
I was there, i travelled ll the way to Suncorp for magic round, only to get the sh!ts, from a piss poor effortless white wash from the tigers, literally we were dressed in all white, thank fk we disguarded that kit this year... pretty in pink while we give it to teams is the way to go
The white away strip has not been discarded. The pink is the "alternative" strip. Expect to see the white in future weeks. It would look better with black shorts.
https://shop.penrithpanthers.com.au/2020-panthers-mens-away-jersey-337.phtml

Whino

Bench
Wackos whispers are interesting

The Panthers have a number of players carrying bumps and bruises with Nathan Cleary (quad/infection), Viliame Kikau (shoulder), Api Koroisau (eye), Jarome Luai (shoulder), Brent Naden (neck) and Liam Martin (neck/shoulder) all picking up knocks. Cleary, Luai, Naden and Martin all trained and will play with Kikau and Korisiau both also expected to play.
Watch for a late change to the 17 with Brent Naden coming in to replace Dean Whare at right centre
Josh Mansour will return after missing the game last week due to a knee injury after he trained with the squad earlier in the week.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/7d1657c9c2ce94b19c8ce246b1e9098d

Hmmm

Whare’s time might be up.

Hopefully Naden’s passing & defence have improved, but even if they haven’t I still think he’s an upgrade.

Passing will be important on the right hand side, though. To’o is too good to leave out in the cold.

WestyLife

First Grade
Wackos whispers are interesting

The Panthers have a number of players carrying bumps and bruises with Nathan Cleary (quad/infection), Viliame Kikau (shoulder), Api Koroisau (eye), Jarome Luai (shoulder), Brent Naden (neck) and Liam Martin (neck/shoulder) all picking up knocks. Cleary, Luai, Naden and Martin all trained and will play with Kikau and Korisiau both also expected to play.
Watch for a late change to the 17 with Brent Naden coming in to replace Dean Whare at right centre.
Josh Mansour will return after missing the game last week due to a knee injury after he trained with the squad earlier in the week.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/7d1657c9c2ce94b19c8ce246b1e9098d

giphy.gif

Latest posts