What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 (2005) Easts v Panthers

Big Mick

Referee
Morticia.. stick in mate.

Believe me, after all our 0.1 losses last season I considered giving up.

Next year is a new year and new faces. Easts have a very proud tradition in this game and I doubt that will stop.

...Morticia...

Juniors
we're sticking mick. at least you got the oppertunity t' have 0.1 losses, sign of a strong team and all members showing up. we're getting annihilated as we have trouble getting five posters. i'd be dancing naked in the backyard if we lost by 0.1...ok, i'm exagerating and i hate losing but you get the jist. :lol: easts will be a force again.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. It was getting interesting up until the "I'm exagerrating" bit. ;-)
Great match both teams and some excellent reads. East will there next year, bigger and better and a force to reckoned with.

...Morticia...

Juniors
yeah well watch the news on sundaynight willow. if the roosters win here in melbourne, i might just do elizabeth st in nothing more than my beanie and scarf :shock: thats the sort of miracle it'll be.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bloody down there cold Mort.
How about you get a horse and do the whole Lady Godiva act?
:)

...Morticia...

Juniors
whats wrong with the melbourne weather? i'm afraid a trot down the street on a stead would result in a rather unceremonious landing, probably astride a tram track. :-s and i dont have a rich nobleman t' bail me out of the slammer, only a friend who'd still be laughing at my shame a week later. GO EASTS :lol:

...Morticia...

Juniors
well i'd be waxing something for a nudie run but its never been called a lyrical before willow. :shock: ;-) :lol: ummmm...:oops: ...GO EASTS.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Oh my. :eek:

And the award for the strangest off-topic tangent goes to ... Morticia & Willow!

*Waits for the referee to save our poor game thread from this insanity*

[furrycat]

Coach
Willow's Random posts

Mort's
*Extra two points for a nudie run comment*

Morticia wins 101 to 99 Willow

antonius

Coach
Sorry about the delay in marking people. Mysterygirl must be having PC probs or something. I will mark the game and get a score up today.

antonius

Coach
Easts Scores

Morticia
By George
743 Words
I wonder who you’re talking about? Clever piece of writing.
Score 85

Bubbles
Hands on Hips
743 Words
I know exactly where you’re coming from (check the Knights table posi) I guess that’s what following a team is all about, the ups and downs.
Score 86

RoosterGirl
Sydney Roosters-Anthony Minichiello No1.
716 Words
Piece on Mini. You’re definitely a fan of his.
Score 84

Supermario
The refere
519 Words
Short, but straight to the point. The writer makes some very astute observations about the spotlight that has intensified on refs through technology. The points are hard to argue.
Score 87.

Easts Total 342

Panthers Scores

Moonfire
Rugby League: Why we rock.
738 Words
A piece with the theme”why do I prefer rugby league?” Numerous spelling/grammatical errors made this piece difficult reading.
Score 78

Big Mick
Loyalty is a two way street.
746 Words
Piece on loyalty both by players and clubs. I guess the cap has a lot to do with what degree loyalty is shown these days.
Score 85

LeagueNut
The Red & The Green
747 Words
Interesting idea on one of the ways that could be used to get Souths back up there again.
Score 85.

Furry
All I heard was wah wah wah I’m a dirty whinger.
739 Words
Reading the first few paragraphs had me cringing, reading on, there’s an underlying truth in what the writer is saying.
Score 86

Azkatro
Fans need sports pyshologists too.
742 Words

I think everyone who follows a team experiences this fear at some time or other.
Score 85.

*Note* All the < in your e-mail section of the piece, actually show as a word on MS Word count. It brought your count up to 766. I haven’t deducted the five point penalty from your score,as I’m sure you didn’t realise it, and they are not adding to the theme of the piece. Something to be aware of though in future.
Panthers Total 419

Result Panthers 419 defeated Easts 342

MOTM Supermario.

Latest posts