What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Cowboys

abpanther

Staff member
Long time lurker, new poster.

This team has been so frustrating to watch, promised so much yet delivered so little, things I pray to see this weekend;

- No stupid penalties in the first 5-10mins for alying on the ball player (Clinton)
- No knock-ons on 1st or 2nd tackle when we are trying to build pressure, its been a momentum killer.
- Better kicking game, gower has been horrible, can find open space to save his life.
- Better 5th tackle options, we rarely get repeat sets, need to maintain pressure.
- Our halves to even threaten a line break, one of our biggest problems I think, there is no threat to the defense, gower simply drifts sideways.
- Early ball to our backs, we are playing too much through the forward when it is obvious that our backline is our strength now.
- Our forwards to role there sleeves up and make quality hit-ups (Big T, where are you)

That is all......for now :)

panthersballboy

Juniors
I think pretty much everyone here would agree with all you have posted abpanther. If the forwards dig in and Gower uses more creativity with passes and kicks we can win. Our backs certainly have been our best players this year and can get the job done if they are given space and good ball.

mxlegend99

Referee
Gower and Wallace don't even need to fire for us to win. All we need is for our forward pack to dominate like the did earlier in the season, not to give away plenty of penalties and drop the ball so often... and for our backs to score the points we know they can.

If our halves fire, we could start dominating teams. But until they do, we should still be able to win games with dominant forwards and excellent defence.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Kilkenny said:
PK, can I have some of whatever your on!
Panther said:

Optimism is free. It's also good for your health. Inhale deeply. Exhale slowly. And keep doing it until you feel fuzzy, warm and light headed. :D

Jennings will pull off an intercept.

Wesser will dance a foxtrot.

Leaping Lewis will out frog the defence.

And Flash's radar will be switched on.

Don't miss it.

Let's go Pennies! \\\\:D/

EzyG

Juniors
The last few games we've played, there's been moments it looks we going to take control & give the opposition a hiding. It's only a matter of time guys before we find that form
theres flashes all over the park.

Go Pennies!!!

Dave Q

Coach
I have some faith in the boys, especially after last weeks officialdom debacle.

I'm sure they can beat any side in this comp ..except maybe Souths.

They made an on-field promise after last weeks freak and excrutiating loss.

I think they will turn the NRL upside down this week.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
We need to have better handling and stop giving away so much penalties before we start thinking about winning.

griffo346

First Grade
Well done boys i wassnt to sure if we could come out with the result

but one answer is soon gowie left wallace played heeps better
maybe the future is gowie 5/8 and wallace hb

BTW go JOELY

Caged Panther

First Grade
Completion rate still an issue but the fact that the cowboys rate was similar meant we were in the game and look what happened!

Apart from the completion rate though I really do think we improved in every aspect of the game and hopefully with two weeks until our next game we'll go ahead further. In particular I was very impressed with our commitment which has come so far since the debacle against canberra a fortnight ago.

mxlegend99

Referee
That Joel Clinton try has to be one of the best front rower tries of all time. The pace he had and the awesome ball recovery was incredible. Best of all though, he just had so much determination.

He really does fire up against the Cowboys. I remember last year him defying logic yet again, and somehow outpacing Ty Williams to take him into touch and prevent a certain try.

Great work Joel. Also awesome to see Wallace given a chance to shine. Hopefully he becomes a bigger role in our attack while Gower is present. Otherwise... i think he should be picked and Gower dropped to the bench.

Dave Q

Coach
The Cowboys are one of the form teams in the comp.

Speed, elusiveness, power, strength, experience, they are the goods.

And almost unbeatable up at their graveyard in the tropics.

And a 200% better side than the Saints IMO.

Its a long way to travel and keep up the motivation.

Only the most brave and foolhardy would have given them a snowflakes.

But the Panther lads didnt understand the warning signals, they didnt listen to the hype.

They just turned up to play football.

And now the message is clear to the NRL and all who subscribe thereto.

The Panthers are back, they are sick of losing and they are very very dangerous.

A tremendous gut wrenching win for all concerned. A historic victory against all of the odds.

I feel moved to re-iterate, well done Panthers and I will honour that win in my signature for a full week.

choc_soldier

Coach
Didn't watch the game, only saw highlights on Bigpond last night, and read the live comments on LU. That Clinton try was something else, though!

It's good to get the gorilla off our back! :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
Just one clarification though - that was Worth who scored the third try, but some media (Footy Show and one of the Sydney papers) had it as Grant.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Wallace did well to keep up the intensity. Well done. 3 Tries to our Forwards. They all put their hand up and we benefited. Big game by T. Another big game by Priddis. Welcome back.

And Lainz, believe it, I've said it once, I've said it twice. Clinton wants his No.8 back. :D No Nudie Run for Joely!!!

Latest posts