What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Canberra Raiders Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Canberra Raiders vs. Dolphins
McDonalds Park, Saturday 29 April 2023
Kick Off: 3:00pm

CAN2023TEAM.png

1. Sebastian Kris 2. Albert Hopoate 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Matthew Timoko 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Zac Woolford 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Corey Horsburgh

14. Tom Starling 15. Emre Guler 16. Pasami Saulo 17. Corey Harawira-Naera

18. James Schiller 19. Brad Schneider 20. Xavier Savage 21. Trey Mooney 22. Peter Hola

DOL2022TEAM.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Euan Aitken 4. Brenko Lee 5. Robert Jennings 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Kenny Bromwich 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Tom Gilbert

14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Ray Stone 17. Herman Ese'ese

18. Kurt Donoghoe 19. Poasa Faamausili 20. Edrick Lee 21. Mason Teague 22. Anthony Milford​

Big Pete

Referee
The Dolphins got the chocolates the first time, can they make it 2/2?

They evidently have the cattle, but I wouldn't be shocked if they make a few late changes. You don't concede 26 points in as many minutes and walk away with limited changes. I wouldn't be surprised if for instance Edrick Lee comes in or Mason Teague returns.

6-3 heading into Magic would be an amazing effort. If the Dolphins can weather the storm early and get the Raiders pointing fingers at one another that'll go a long way. I expect a lot of traffic being run at Jarrod Croker - Brisbane used to enjoy a lot of success with Darius constantly getting Croker to bite on his dummies.

Big Pete

Referee
Canberra Raiders 31 def. Dolphins 30 (Connelly Lemuelu 2, Euan Aitken, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Jesse Bromwich tries; Jamayne Isaako 5/5 goals)

5-4

Down 18-0, the Dolphins did well to claw their way back in and send it to golden point. Unfortunately they didn't get rub of the green and Canberra were just able to get over the line.

Puff

First Grade
Thats being polite.

I am not one for blaming the ref. I have been a football ref (soccer) in the past for many years.

The officiating in that game yesterday was, in my opinion, the worst I have seen for a professional sport.

And the 6 again call, in golden point. I have to watch it again, I turned it off in disgust. I thought the guy was making a tackle.

The players I thought looked frustrated themselves. More so then most other games.

Anyway, there it is.

Big Pete

Referee
And the 6 again call, in golden point. I have to watch it again, I turned it off in disgust. I thought the guy was making a tackle.
Tackling a player is deemed as making a play at the ball. However it appeared Hudson Young knocked it into Ray Stone before the ball went back to Hopoate.

They got the call wrong, but there's much the Dolphins can do about it.

Big Pete

Referee
One of the big take-aways I took out of it was Brenko's inability to finish the game. I think it was important to have that experience in the team, but Brenko has really started to struggle as the season has gone on and the Dolphins would be well served to give somebody else an opportunity. Even if it's just for a game and worst comes to worst they default to Brenko, I think it's the right time.