1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 9 vs Dogs

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, May 2, 2021.

1. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

As I have said in another thread, McGuire was a loser at the Cowboys (lost 3) then came to us and started playing after we beat the Eels. We have lost 3 in a row with him in our team. Is he a jinx?

2. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

No...the whole team ( bar a few ) are playing badly...

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    be55, Jbjbjb40, blacksafake and 3 others like this.
  3. Reddragon

Reddragon Juniors

McGuire is actually one of our better players.

4. redv13

redv13 Juniors

In his 3 games so far with us, McGuire has been in the top 2 or 3 forwards each game. Just silly nonsense being thrown up on social media. He was busting his guts out in the 2nd half vs the Tigers along with Vaughan trying to make something happen defensively

Mjab, TruSaint, Scanlens and 7 others like this.
  5. Reddragon

Reddragon Juniors

Totally agree with that. Those two were only forwards making a dent against the Tigers while the rest of the entire team were dropping the ball all around them.

6. Maddragon99

Maddragon99 Juniors

Remember his really strong first carry right after halftime? Then we made an error right after which lead to a try. Moose is going well he’s the least of our problems.

Scanlens, be55, Jbjbjb40 and 6 others like this.
  7. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Vaughan and McGuire can hold their heads high. A few of the other forwards need to take a look at themselves in the mirror and pull their fingers out quick smart

Dragons4me, Mjab, Scanlens and 6 others like this.
  8. Maddragon99

Maddragon99 Juniors

Kerr in particular has been terrible

9. redv13

redv13 Juniors

He’s definitely 1

10. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

I think Kerr is trying and maybe trying too hard, however, I think that experiment should be closed down and he moved bavk to the middle.

One is Sims, a good game followed by several average ones, and average is being nice.
    Another is Alvaro who is starting to plod a bit too much for my liking.

The rest are ok. Fui is really come slive this year, Blocka doing ok and even Ellis has some good moments. Have to remember Ellis is only 24, younger than Kerr and Poasa.

11. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Fui has been fine this year, definite step up from last year. Sims I’m willing to stick with.
    My issues up front are:
    Kerr, Alvaro, Ellis and to a lesser point Burns. Burns hasn’t shown me anything to get excited about and has butchered a certain try by not passing in the last 2 games. Has zero impact with ball.
    Faamausili has been out for a few weeks but he gets another chance this week, needs to step up and step up quickly.

Vaughan, McGuire, Lawrie, Fuimaono are doing their job every week and trying their guts out. Sims too except for last week but you can see he’s trying.

Reddragon and botlite like this.
  12. BLM01

BLM01 First Grade

Wish the media would POQ....with their favouritism 5 out of 6.
    Go analyse someone else...stop putting the jinx on us
    They did it with the Tigers bashing through last week
    That is a sort of stat Mary would talk about at a presser
    I still remember halfway through 2011 when we were leading the comp the TAB?? offering to pay out on all bets for us to win the minor premiership as we were unbackable favourites supposedly
    Look what happended from there..we limped into 5th.
    See if they do the same for Penrith

getsmarty likes this.
  13. thebigredv

thebigredv Bench

Faamausili was treated harshly. With ball in hand he has looked as threatening as any forward. He couldn't stop a big man near the line and suddenly became the scapegoat.

Alvaro, Burns and Ellis would probably go alright at their previous club if they were back there now because these types of fringe first graders can coast on the work on a well oiled machine. But at the Dragons they have a greater workload which they just can't handle.

Kerr just needs another spell in reserves. We've seen his potential but he just can't get it together and his errors are proving costly. His career is at a crossroads. I don't know his best position but at the moment it's left right out.

14. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Faamausili was going well then injured his shoulder when we played Newy. Hopefully he brings his A game back, some very solid runs in the first month. Good solid bench player to come on after 25-30 mins to rip in and lift the intensity

15. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Faama has had 1 game back in reserve grade last weekend, his stats weren't inspiring imo.

Played 59 mins
    11 runs 98m
    29 pcm
    1 TB
    1 offload
    89.7% TE
    26 Tackles
    3 missed tackles
    2 errors
    1 handling error

16. thebigredv

thebigredv Bench

Didn't know about the shoulder. Makes more sense now.

17. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Have faith, he’ll come good. Need him on the bench. Better numbers than both Alvaro and Ellis. Adds more grunt than those 2 as well

SnowDragon likes this.
  18. redv13

redv13 Juniors

I’d like to think that if our forwards fire up we should belt the dogs by plenty. Feed Kerr and Sims some raw steak b4 kick off, the pack together need to send a message that were far from done for 2021. Belt the bullgrubs back to Belmore

19. Lindsay Moss

Lindsay Moss Juniors

It's time to give the young guys a go in the right positions not put forwards in the backs give them a chance and see how they go.

20. Lindsay Moss

Lindsay Moss Juniors

We play the cards that we are dealt it's all experience in the long run.