What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

Theme of the season is every club stands up and plays their best footy vs Panthers.
Souths will be no different. Another hard contest coming up.

Assuming everyone is fit 1-17 + 18
Edwards
Turuva
Tago
May
To’o
Luai
Cleary

Fisher-Harris
Kenny
Leota
Sorensen
Martin
Yeo
———
Schneider
Smith
Henry
Garner
18. Laurie

* I know Laurie will be picked at 14 but I think Schneider needs that 14 spot for reasons posted already in other threads.
* I’d also be happy if Alamoti is picked at 14 too and used as both back or 2RF.
* If Sorro is still injured Garner start. Mav #17
* Heavy emphasis on edge defence at training.
* Cleary will be better for the run vs Cows.
* All about getting continuity and reps into players and combinations.

globalpanther

Juniors
Edwards
Turuva
Tago
May
To’o
Luai
Cleary

Leota
Kenny
Fisher-Harris
Soro/Garner
Martin
Yeo
———
Sommerton (Give Kenny a break 2 games in 5 days + Laurie/Schneider play full game Cup).
Smith
Henry
Garner/Geyer
18.Laurie.

Iamback

Coach
1/3rd of the season done. What is the report card?

2023 Panthers were 4 wins, 4 losses and 1 bye after 9 rounds.

2024 Panthers are 5 wins, 2 losses and 1 bye heading into round 9.

I think they are tracking ok without playing anywhere near their best and still trying to find their groove and click. Pass mark.

I'd say a B.

You'd think a good run being full strength we'd improve. Hopefully we get that pre Origin so we can make a few tweaks leading into the finals

MugaB

Coach
Henry got 38mins
Mav 25
Huth 27
Laurie 0

So it isn't like anyone is demanding big minutes
We destroy them if we get full squad back
Schnieder @14 is a must defensively its worth it,

Need to get our edges more ball, and we need sorro back desperately, Martin was a beast, we need two, Garner isn't cutting there maverick is average too,
Tago to an edge could fix this if sorro is shifted to bench prop, with alamotti in the centres

Iamback

Coach
We destroy them if we get full squad back
Schnieder @14 is a must defensively its worth it,

Need to get our edges more ball, and we need sorro back desperately, Martin was a beast, we need two, Garner isn't cutting there maverick is average too,
Tago to an edge could fix this if sorro is shifted to bench prop, with alamotti in the centres

That is where a 14 Ivan trusts in defence is better. They can come on for say Garner and we can add some ball playing against tired defence.

That is the tweaks we can do within our roster constraints

Iamback

Coach
Schneider needs to play cup. He will be replacing Cleary soon. Having him off the bench for limited minutes in the lead up would be stupid.

Depends if Ivan wants his combinations built up.

We aren't going to have a huge amount in Origin this year, I can see merit in both.

Particularly as Laurie needs gametime and can't play NSW Cup before NRL on the same day

MugaB

Coach
Depends if Ivan wants his combinations built up.

We aren't going to have a huge amount in Origin this year, I can see merit in both.

Particularly as Laurie needs gametime and can't play NSW Cup before NRL on the same day
To'o, Martin, Yeo, Nathan, with a slightly possible Kenny, Luai, nsw is still playing pantherball