What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

Girds89

Bench
Big game for our boys.

Need to improve in a number of areas.

Errors and discipline. Defence. And get our line speed back uo to where it should be.

Want to see a really fired up performance. Weve lacked that killer instinct this year. Need to get it back.

Danger game for sure.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Big game for our boys.

Need to improve in a number of areas.

Errors and discipline. Defence. And get our line speed back uo to where it should be.

Want to see a really fired up performance. Weve lacked that killer instinct this year. Need to get it back.

Danger game for sure.
The short turnaround v Souffs 7 days is the only real worry here. We should roll through them pretty easily

Fangs

Coach
They wanted to see how they came out of the bye and they conceded 50. So JD had to go.

And maybe its a myth but when a team gets a new coach sometimes they win. The myth part being the actually statistics, I have no idea whether its true.

But think of it this way, plenty of Souths players are now on show for the new coaching staff. Some are going to get sacked no question. So you best start playing with some more enthusiasm.

I'd expect a test. Not the full 80 from Souths but they shouldn't keel over.

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
They wanted to see how they came out of the bye and they conceded 50. So JD had to go.

And maybe its a myth but when a team gets a new coach sometimes the win. The myth part being the actually statistics, I have no idea whether its true.

But think of it this way, plenty of Souths players are now on show for the new coaching staff. Some are going to get sacked no question. So you best start playing with some more enthusiasm.

I'd expect a test. Not the full 80 from Souths but they shouldn't keel over.
Just googled it and its pretty much a myth looked like they win maybe 35-40% of the time which might be a small bump

maple_69

Bench
There’s really not due to be a stack of rain leading up to the game (9mm) and none in the afternoon/evening of.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Souffs defensive record has been terrible since the middle of last year. Not sure how likely it is that they’ll suddenly regain some resilience in defence due to the sacking of Demetriou.
It’s more about us though and showing a bit more ruthlessness in attack when we are on top with possession and territory. I’ll back our defence to do the job to win us most games like usual but I will be disappointed if we don’t punish Souffs and their defensive frailties.

maple_69

Bench
Interesting to see Lipowicz starting on an edge this week in Cup and Lisati going back to the edge lately. Maybe just shuffling deck chairs but it’d be nice for someone to stand up and demand an edge role.

Copperhead

Juniors
I'd
Interesting to see Lipowicz starting on an edge this week in Cup and Lisati going back to the edge lately. Maybe just shuffling deck chairs but it’d be nice for someone to stand up and demand an edge role.
Really like to see Riki go back there, he's nowhere near as good at prop. Just wasting him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tago 100% needs a spell in cup.
And yes it's very obvious we need someone at 14 that can actually get on the field.

Souths are a rabble so we should do this pretty comfortably

Ha. How will NSW cup improve Tago. He is far to good for that grade. His learning will be at NRL level where he is facing better attacking raids

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Ha. How will NSW cup improve Tago. He is far to good for that grade. His learning will be at NRL level where he is facing better attacking raids
He's been shirt grabbing and making awful decisions for close to a year now. He's certainly not learning what he needs to in 1st grade

hindy111

Post Whore
Laurie being named 14 again is a worry

I think the 14 needs to be an explosive running hooker if have one or a utility. Nobody needs 4 forwards. It just takes minutes off your better ones.
The other option which is a bit of a waste is you carry a back just incase an injury there.
Laurie gives cover from 1- 7. Schneider can only cover halfback really. Peachey is probably the other option.

Latest posts