What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs the Sharks

Kilkenny

Coach
Yep. Considering there are people here that think Whare deserves to hold onto aspot. Blake would easily be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Winger is where we are oozing class. So many capable options.

That’s not true. I think almost everyone on here recognises Whare is on his last leg’s but at the same time they respect what he delivers in terms of being solid. Nothing more nothing less.

We are very excited by this afternoon and it is always great to beat the Sharks but it has to be said they were woeful. I am not trying to take anything away from our performance but the Sharks were frankly woeful even if they had some injury issues during the game which made it difficult for them.

maple_69

Bench
Man our attack has been threatening to put on a show like that for a month now and it finally clicked. I think the ill discipline flowed off the attack. They were playing loose and confident. Not gonna work against the best sides but nor was grinding out wins with 2 tries all year. Gotta find the balance.

Huge game for Staines. A few easy pies but a few that someone without speed would have struggled with and the TA for Edwards was just clinical.

Best centre game from Naden I’ve seen. He’s adding a pass to his game which has pleasantly surprised me. As has Edwards. While Cleary and Api were as involved as ever, it was awesome to see a myriad of other points of attack.

Two favourite moments. Kikau floats over to the right and chimes into a play. Cleary has been going inside for months and everyone knows it, this time he fakes, the whole Sharks edge freeze and our edge rolls over clinically for Staines last try. We’re building so many traps like that into our attacking arsenal and those are exactly what you need to break down a side like the Roosters that doesn’t make defensive mistakes in a big game.

franklin2323

Immortal
That’s not true. I think almost everyone on here recognises Whare is on his last leg’s but at the same time they respect what he delivers in terms of being solid. Nothing more nothing less.

We are very excited by this afternoon and it is always great to beat the Sharks but it has to be said they were woeful. I am not trying to take anything away from our performance but the Sharks were frankly woeful even if they had some injury issues during the game which made it difficult for them.

Pretty much this. A big difference taking on a Sharks team that ends the game with 14 players and Roosters or Storm in a final.

The good thing is happening options depth is always good

franklin2323

Immortal
Past Naden, assuming Whare is leaving, who’s the clear option? We’d either have to play a rookie like McGrady or manufacture a centre from Burton or To’o.

I mean for this year. We have yet to replace Jed, Whare etc so won't know until then.

Mansour and Whare are still decent effort depth players. Throw Burns into that mix once Capewell is back too

Kilkenny

Coach
Just watched the replay. Amazing game even allowing for our errors. Really happy right now. To think we have a 19 year old kid who scores 4 on debut and we have another kid in Laurie equally as talented who can’t even get a look in. Amazing.

Jane Murray

Bench

Actually Kilenny, you are taking things away from the performance. The Panthers actually thrashed the Sharks, a typical bogey team in years gone by. Stop being a Kevin and enjoy the win.

betcats

Referee
He is on the smaller side, but he wasn’t pushed around out there.

Not at all, I’d say he punched above his weight. He looks line a light breeze might knock him over but he did well wirh those hard runs.

Does anybody know any of the trainers at the club? Is Staines the fastest over 40m and 100m? He actually looks Wesser quick.

The team looks completely different with a bit of pace in it. Naden replacing Whare, changed our whole attack. Two try assists if you include the tap back because he really created the try. Then put genuine pace outside him and whoosh, we are actually entertaining. It's early days yet, but if Staines is as good as he looks, then we cannot afford to have Mansour and Too in the team. Too isn't genuinely quick (but he is quicker than Mansour and much more evasive) and Mansour is a carthorse. We are too slow with both of them in the team and our attack won't trouble the good teams. Put Too and Staines in (Mansour is his back up), with our pacy, but not super quick, centres and we have a completely different outlook in attack. We don't need Kikau to be our only option in attack and slowly bust him up.

Staines would have to be the quickest, definitely over 40 and I can only see Dyl keeping up with him over 100.

martielang

Bench
Actually Kilenny, you are taking things away from the performance. The Panthers actually thrashed the Sharks, a typical bogey team in years gone by. Stop being a Kevin and enjoy the win.

Give it a rest, nothing wrong with what Kilkenny said. He’s bang on.

Our attack looked terrific, we actually used our right edge + the addition of an attacking centre. BUT sharks weren’t red hot, had little ball & still scored 4 tries, & Edwards saved our arse a couple of times - granted that’s his job.

betcats

Referee
There was four guys in our coaching box last night, I know Ivan, Barret and Ciraldo but who was the last guy? Slightly younger looking with a beard?

They have done wonders with our attack, compared to last season it’s like we are playing chess instead of checkers. We really move the ball and have some well executed set plays, the Liam Martin try last night was lovely.

martielang

Bench
I know we always talk about Wade Graham being that one that got away, but does he actually do much outside of Origin? He’d be on big money, His stats across the season are pretty bog average. Went missing big time yesterday.

Jane Murray

Bench
Give it a rest, nothing wrong with what Kilkenny said. He’s bang on.

Our attack looked terrific, we actually used our right edge + the addition of an attacking centre. BUT sharks weren’t red hot, had little ball & still scored 4 tries, & Edwards saved our arse a couple of times - granted that’s his job.
No I won't. This is a public forum and, like yourself, I am entitled to my viewpoint.

chrisD

Coach
Important game, needed a break out game in attack, was what I was hoping we'd do to the Tigers or Bunnies and was starting to think might never happen. Defence was sketchy but it is hard to get a measure when you take a big early lead.