What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounds 22-25 Draw. Round 25 Announced today

That's an interesting one-off (presumably) compromise. Makes sense really.

Souths site says Round 6 Storm/Titans game is 5:30pm, Dragons site says it is 7:30pm. I'd says Souths are right. Makes more sense that way.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Updated to fix Dragons' site typo as well as add broadcast details.

Newcastle v Brisbane on the Sunday night is a Ch 9 game too, presumably to fulfill the 3 game per weekend obligation (seeing as the test is only one telecast on Friday)

i will most likely be going to the dogs v parra game, at parra stadium, we should get a great crowd for the dogs v tigers game in round 7, im certainly looking forward to that game.

Timbo

Staff member
With 3 FTA games per week, every team should be garunteed a certain number.

There are 75 FTA games in regular season-that's 150 spots.

Even if you garuntee each team 5 FTA games, thats still only 80 spots taken. You've still got another 70 slots-35 games-to give to the banner clubs.

Can only help to raise the profile of the struggling clubs.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
mate, ill be there for sure as well. Its a good thing that its a day game, now some of my mates (chicks) will come with me...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i take it the Round 6 sunday fixture on 9 would be...

4-6 delayed game

6-630 news

630 - preview of knights game

7-9 knights game?

Bumble

First Grade
no.2_lukeburt said:
i take it the Round 6 sunday fixture on 9 would be...

4-6 delayed game

6-630 news

630 - preview of knights game

7-9 knights game?

:lol::lol:

No way.

Canard

Immortal
Bomber said:
Monday Night Footy in Townsville will be interesting - a significant proportion of the Cowboys crowd comes from out of town (i.e. 4+ hrs drive from Cairns, Mackay, Mt Isa and every place in between). Then again, the novelty factor of a Monday game could see the crowd level restored to our usual average.

Perhaps a crowd between 15,000 and 17,000 wouldn't be out of the question.

But is the next day (the 25 April) a Public Holiday? That might help the crowd, a lot of people might make it a four day weekend.

Nope scratch that, Anzac Day is Wed. Maybe people will take a 5 day weekend.

Timmah

Staff member
The next day is the 24 April.

25 April is Wednesday - Roosters v Dragons.

Timmah

Staff member
Of games scheduled so far, I plan to be at:

Round 1
Newcastle v Bulldogs @ EAS (Sun)

Round 2
Panthers v Bulldogs @ CUA (Fri)

Round 3
No matches :( working Sunday during Titans game

Round 4
Souths v Bulldogs @ Telstra (Fri)
Either NEW v MEL or PAR v CAN (Sat)

Round 5
Bulldogs v Manly @ Telstra (Sat)
Souths v Newcastle @ Bluetongue (Sun now I believe)

Round 6
Parramatta v Bulldogs @ Parramatta (Sun 3pm)
and if I can make it in 2 hrs
Newcastle v Brisbane @ EAS (Sun 7pm)

Round 7
Bulldogs v Tigers @ Telstra (Fri)
Newcastle v Cronulla @ EAS (Mon)

Possibly 10 games in the first 7 rounds :crazy:

I :ls: my footy :D

Mighty_Swans

Juniors
dazza62 said:
Here's one . It is a national comp & as such every team has a fan base,& those fans deserve the chance to see their team play on FTA. Not everyone can afford pay tv.
The fixtures are based on performance in part but particularly on the possibility of gaining the maximum possible tv audience on ch9 in Sydney & Brisbane.

Hence its likely (90% of the time) there will be at least 1 team from QLD playing in a Friday, usually Broncos, as they draw the most tv audience in Brisbane.

So teams like Canberra, Melbourne & Warriors are likely to get minimal FTA coverage in Syd/Bris unless they are in great winning form!!

Nook

Bench
Possibly 10 games in the first 7 rounds

My hero
lipstickgrin.gif

lolesi

First Grade
What the f**k is with all these Monday night games for Cronulla
Rd.2 Vs Ttitans
Rd.4 Vs Dragons
Rd.7 Vs Newcastle

lockyno1

Post Whore
dazza62 said:
Here's one . It is a national comp & as such every team has a fan base,& those fans deserve the chance to see their team play on FTA. Not everyone can afford pay tv.
As a Cowboys fan who had to wait 9 yrs to see their team on fta i know it sucks.
I have no problems with the better performing teams getting more games ,as they rate better,but you still have to look after your fans.
I hate the AFL with a passion ,but at least they do right by the fans making sure EVERY team gets FTA games.
IF the broncos had a bad yr , performed poorly ,& were not shown on FTA next season,then you would be the 1st whinging bitch on here complaining about it.
Wake up ,every team has fans who deserve to see their team play on tv occassionaly.

I am sure the Raiders were on FTA TV last year anyway (vs the Dragons in Canberra). The Warriors have less games on FTA yet you don't see those fans crying like sooks as to why they are not on FTA TV. In the end and I agree 100% with the TV networks here, the games need to be the games that will likely rate the most on FTA TV. The networks payed enough for the rights to have a big say in terms of who they are going to show. If the Broncos performed badly and were not on FTA as a result, I would not care less, actually i'd rather not have to listen to Phil Gould anyway! Most clubs get at least one game on FTA TV. The networks are doing the best they can.

ByRd

First Grade
lolesi said:
What the f**k is with all these Monday night games for Cronulla
Rd.2 Vs Ttitans
Rd.4 Vs Dragons
Rd.7 Vs Newcastle
cause noone likes them

Latest posts