What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounds 22-25 Draw. Round 25 Announced today

God-King Dean

Immortal
Timmah said:
ROUND 7 - April 25, 27-30

WEDNESDAY
Sydney v Dragons @ Aussie 3:00pm Fox Live

FRIDAY
Brisbane v Melbourne @ Suncorp 7:30pm Ch 9 Live
Bulldogs v Wests @ Telstra 7:30pm Ch 9 Delay

SATURDAY
Penrith v Canberra @ CUA 5:30pm Fox Live
North Qld v Manly @ Dairy Farmers 7:30pm Fox Live

SUNDAY
Souths v Warriors @ Telstra 2:00pm Fox Live
Gold Coast v Parramatta @ Carrara 3:00pm Ch9 Delay

MONDAY
Newcastle v Cronulla @ EnergyAustralia 7:00pm Fox Live

5 days out of 7 footy :crazy:
*jizzes*

Hoggy

Bench
When I saw the Storm vs Panthers game on the NRL site, I thought we were a Friday night game. :(

Would love a good coverage time of the Broncos vs Storm game however.

Estoboy

Juniors
Timbo said:
With 3 FTA games per week, every team should be garunteed a certain number.

There are 75 FTA games in regular season-that's 150 spots.

Even if you garuntee each team 5 FTA games, thats still only 80 spots taken. You've still got another 70 slots-35 games-to give to the banner clubs.

Can only help to raise the profile of the struggling clubs.

you miss the point: NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH THE RAIDERS

Canard

Immortal
Same thing the NRL said about the Cowboys for 9 straight years!!

Then when they finally succumbed to showing them, they rated their arses off, even in Sydney.

The NRL website has done two things.

a) Mericfully they've returned to the draw format they had in the immeadiate lead-up to the season. Whilst not as fancy as the other one it is much, much more conveneient.

b) Updated both rounds 6 and 7 with, remarkably, the correct details. The Storm/Panthers game is on at 5:30, Cowboys/Bunnies MNF does kick off at 7:00pm. Round 7 appears the same as previously reported on dragons.com.au, souths.com.au etc.

Bring on ANZAC Day.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
Well, that's awfully nice of them!

Did we ever get a reason why FNF kicks off at 8:00pm instead of 7:30pm in round 3?

Presumably to make absolute certain us kiwis don't catch the end of the game

BrisVegas

Juniors
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
Well, that's awfully nice of them!

Did we ever get a reason why FNF kicks off at 8:00pm instead of 7:30pm in round 3?

The finals of the World Swimming Championships on Nine have pushed FNF back 30 minutes.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
Sounds like a good enough reason to me.

Thats what i thought. Besides, who really wants to watch either of those games? (Panthers and Tigers fans excluded)

Question: Do we know exactly how scheduling is going to work this year?

I know that we start with 2 rounds revealed per week until we get to the point where we know the rounds 11 weeks in advance. I also understand (i.e. heard around the forums but I haven't see it officially - that's not to say it wasn't officially announced) that we take a break towards the middle of the season so that in the lead-up to the finals games scheduling is done about five weeks in advance.

Based on this information I came up this table. It's speculative, of course.

NRLRounds.jpg

This schedule takes the rounds known in advance to 11 and maintains that for as long as possible before a break is taken in order for the last five rounds to be scheduled five weeks in advance.

Alternatively they could do it this way:

NRLRounds2.jpg

This schedule takes the rounds known in advance to 11 then takes a break in order for the last eight rounds to be scheduled five weeks in advance.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I hope it gets to Round 14 and we know the rest of the year.

Latest posts