What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounds 22-25 Draw. Round 25 Announced today

Quidgybo

Bench
Timbo said:
With 3 FTA games per week, every team should be garunteed a certain number.

There are 75 FTA games in regular season-that's 150 spots.

Even if you garuntee each team 5 FTA games, thats still only 80 spots taken. You've still got another 70 slots-35 games-to give to the banner clubs.
I agree but I don't think you need to guarantee that many appearances. Given that the opneing rounds are when every body is starting from even, form has not established who are the attractive teams for the year and everybody is still in the race, I think to time guarantee FTA appearances is early. Give everyone a chance to audition on the FTA stage for further appearances latter in the year. I'd suggest they pre-schedule the opening 8 rounds (24 FTA matches - 48 team slots). Each team is guaranteed one Friday night appearance and two FTA appearances in total in those pre-scheduled rounds (perhaps also one of those two guaranteed as a home game). After eight rounds you're on your own. If you're performing well then you'll get more games, otherwise see you next year.

Leigh.

Quidgybo

Bench
lockyno1 said:
The Warriors have less games on FTA yet you don't see those fans crying like sooks as to why they are not on FTA TV.
Perhaps something to do with the fact the Warriors draw their fan and sponsor support from a different market which the Australian FTA networks don't cover? *Any* TV coverage in NZ would be more important to them and their sponsors than Australian FTA coverage. But that argument doesn't apply in the case of the Raiders.

Leigh.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Quidgybo said:
Perhaps something to do with the fact the Warriors draw their fan and sponsor support from a different market which the Australian FTA networks don't cover? *Any* TV coverage in NZ would be more important to them and their sponsors than Australian FTA coverage. But that argument doesn't apply in the case of the Raiders.

Leigh.

I suspect multinational sponsors like Vodafone would appreciate a little bit of Australian FTA exposure. Plus there are Warriors fans in Oz that don't have pay TV. Home games on Australian FTA would encourage a stadium naming rights sponsor (i'm not a fan, but if its worth money then go for it).

If the NRL website is to be believed (that's a big if by the way... they still don't even have the Rd 7 fixtures updated!) the Dragons website was right and Souths were wrong.

Sharks vs. Raiders 21/4/07 7:30pm
Storm vs. Panthers 21/4/07 7:30pm
Sea Eagles vs. Titans 22/4/07 2:00pm
Eels vs. Bulldogs 22/4/07 3:00pm
Knights vs. Broncos 22/4/07 7:00pm
Cowboys vs. Rabbitohs 23/4/07 7:00pm

Danish

Referee
skeepe said:
Surprise surprise, still no FTA games for the Raiders and Warriors. Pretty poor when you consider that 19 FTA matches have so far been scheduled.

Dont worry....

They have to play the knights, dragons and Eels some time ;-)

skeepe

Immortal
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
If the NRL website is to be believed (that's a big if by the way... they still don't even have the Rd 7 fixtures updated!) the Dragons website was right and Souths were wrong.

Sharks vs. Raiders 21/4/07 7:30pm
Storm vs. Panthers 21/4/07 7:30pm
Sea Eagles vs. Titans 22/4/07 2:00pm
Eels vs. Bulldogs 22/4/07 3:00pm
Knights vs. Broncos 22/4/07 7:00pm
Cowboys vs. Rabbitohs 23/4/07 7:00pm

Actually the NRL website has the Cowboys vs Rabbitohs at 6pm, not 7.

Quidgybo

Bench
Before this thread degenerates into the usual NRL bashing exercise I wonder if Nein will use these live Sunday night games over the next few years as a trial run to something more permanent in the next round of TV rights? If the NRL does end up expanding by a couple teams in 2012/2013 then there's going to be an extra game each round. If Nein want to expand their coverage to take on a fourth game then I doubt they'll be keen to pay a huge increase to show the game in a non ratings period like Saturday or Sunday afternoon (as part of a double header). And I doubt that Fox will be keen to give up its prize slots for Super Saturday and Monday night. That leaves Sunday night with it's large stay at home audience as a prime spot.

Leigh.

Bumble

First Grade
Timmah said:
What are you laughing at?

The game is scheduled for 7:00pm kickoff.

No I mean, I just can't believe that the NRL could get a run in prime time over Eddie's precious crap like McLeod's Daughters or whatever the hell they run on Sunday nights...it's great news if true.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well according to Dragons.com.au it's got Channel 9 written all over it. It will be over in time to screen CSI and it's usual Sunday night lineup, and will probably grab more viewers than it's failing "flagship" Sixty Minutes.

skeepe

Immortal
Timmah said:
Well according to Dragons.com.au it's got Channel 9 written all over it. It will be over in time to screen CSI and it's usual Sunday night lineup, and will probably grab more viewers than it's failing "flagship" Sixty Minutes.

Boy you're slow. Channel 9 don't screen the Monday night game. That's Monday. Not Sunday. Remove the Sun, add a Mon, and you have Monday.

Unless you're not replying to me, in which case carry on.

Latest posts