What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royce simmons GONE

gronkathon

First Grade
I am willing to go the consulate and grease the wheels with cash payments if that f**ker is gone next year

gronkathon

First Grade
He was talking in terms of Wooden Spoons I am assuming.

Useless prick can't even compute that you don't wear a rain poncho in the sun. What hope does he have of doing anything more?

Hi all.

As you can see from my user name, its self-explanatory. Cannot believe some of the posts on here. I thought we were getting someone decent, who has learned from Tim Sheens at your club and the all conquering national side.

After reading your comments, I am now seriously worried!!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all.

As you can see from my user name, its self-explanatory. Cannot believe some of the posts on here. I thought we were getting someone decent, who has learned from Tim Sheens at your club and the all conquering national side.

Be Afraid.

Be very afraid.

Don't believe the flimsy stats thrown around here though.

Royce's first grade coaching win percentage is a healthy 41.2%
Note the use of the word healthy. Because it's hard to believe he was THAT good.

But for someone hired to work entirely on defence he has been a complete and utter failure. With the exception of the last two seasons, the Tigers had regularly let in well over 500 points in 24 games. I feel the appointment of Folkes may have had something to do with why that has since improved dramatically.

We'll be watching and hoping Saints are successful, because it'll mean he'll stand a good chance of staying away from us here.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sheens coaching record since leaving Canberra
Cowboys - 1997-2001 - 118 games, 31 wins, 5 draws, 82 losses - 26.3%
Tigers - 2003-2010 - 190 games, 90 wins, 100 losses - 47.4%

Total - 1997-2010 - 308 games, 121 wins, 5 draws, 182 losses - 39.29%

Simmons Coaching record
Penrith - 1994-2001 - 187 games, 77 wins, 6 draws, 104 losses - 41.2%

Last edited:

nyx

Juniors
What a relief.

Can he go now so that we can get our attack back in order before the finals?

Thanks all. Now I am even more worried. Even worse is that next season, we play every "home" game on the road whilst our brand spanking new super stadium is built. We also lose Gidley, Cunningham and others and will be blooding 3 new signings potentially.

Next year will be a transitional one whilst our youngsters (all be it good ones) gain more experience. Also our star players Eastmond and Graham are in the last year of their contracts and there will be a lot of uncertaintity all season particularly in the case of Graham who is wanted by a lot of clubs in Oz.

Simmons needs to do okay at the very least to gain the support of the fans. Have to say though that our chairman rarely gets it wrong and I am hoping at the very least that his time with the national team will be beneficial to us.

westie

Bench
You're f**ked basically. If Potter "struggled" with that squad you'll be up sh*t creek unless Roby and Eastmond go to another level.

I can't see Graham staying up there. In fact, I wouldn't be the least surprised to see us with an all red front row.

Goodison next year will be well worth it.

Das Hassler

Bench
Sheens coaching record since leaving Canberra
Cowboys - 1997-2001 - 118 games, 31 wins, 5 draws, 82 losses - 26.3%
Tigers - 2003-2010 - 190 games, 90 wins, 100 losses - 47.4%

Total - 1997-2010 - 308 games, 121 wins, 5 draws, 182 losses - 39.29%

Simmons Coaching record
Penrith - 1994-2001 - 187 games, 77 wins, 6 draws, 104 losses - 41.2%

Neither the Cowboys in '97 nor the Tigers in '03 had coaches beating down the door for the job...Bellamy was approached but responded with "thanks but NO thanks" deciding it would be easier down in Melbourne..the only other viable option was Langmack...Sheens didn't exactly get either team in what would be called great shape so the stats were bound to be bad for at least the first couple of years at both clubs

Last edited by a moderator:

Borat.

Juniors
Hi all.

It's not that bad- I think he will to a good job at SH, has learnt from one of the best coaches in the business (& current AUS coach)....he just wasn't a good fit at the WT-

The tigers have had a a fair share of injuries this year and sheens has us 2 wins away from top spot with a game in hand and people on here are still calling for his head...

super_coach

First Grade
Sizzler Simmons, what a big hole to fill for next year. He was in charge of our defense for years that leaked more than a rusty roof. So Tom Shines pulls him out of the D department and gives him the Attack job. You guessed it our defense has improved out of sight and our attack has turned to crap. I wonder who centre link will send over next year on a work for the dole programe

Latest posts