What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rrrreeeelllaaaaaxxxxxx

greeny12

Juniors
Can everyone stop going crazy after a loss.... it's not as if we got smashed. We lost by 4 points ... and last week 1 point.

Yes I agree our attack is low at the moment... but I noticed yesterday (especially in the first half) Soward was taking the line on with speed a lot more... something which I'm sure Bennett has told him to start doing. Soward always looks dangerous when doing this. We also looked sharp for the first set in there 20m... yes predictable as the game progressed but I have no doubt Bennett isn't showing all his cards yet.

In both games we have gotten smashed up the middle - our pack is getting dominated and that's clearly because both our starting props are out (I think this will be fixed once Weyman is back - his go forward will get the other guys pumped - here's hoping). Priddis, yesterday and against Gold Coast had very poor games. He was way too slow out of dummy half yesterday and it showed. There were several times Hornby got the ball on 4th or 5th and because the delivery was so slow the Broncos defence had already caught him as he catched the ball. Hopefully with Fien coming back, he can find some form in the lead up to the finals. I just think we need a bit more pace from dummy half.

These problems can be fixed!! No point having a heart attack yet.

vista

Juniors
Great to see Sowie taking the line on. He just needs runners supporting him now. Weyman has been a HUGE loss, he'll make a big difference this week.

I think when we get Weymans go forward back will help us a great deal, esspeically with our attack! Give the back more room to move, one person cant make all the difference, i'm sure the other boys will lift once they see Weyman carting it up

SilentAssassin

Juniors
There are only a handful of people stressing out. It's always going to happen after a couple of losses.

Positives for me -
- Played terrible and only lost by 4 against a Broncos side playing for the season.

Thats about it.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Constantly only losing by close margins is more concerning than losing by large ones with a team like ours. We are clearly struggling, the forwards are hitting the ball up like pussies and Priddis f**king sucks. The close loses are not helping it glosses over our problems and they all come from when the ball is in hand. We have no go forward which negates our outside backs. Bennett is really f**king up again he puts way to much emphasis on the begging of the season, he did this throughout the last decade with the Bronco's, only to die in the ass when it all matters, which with our past is the absolute WRONG way to have us playing. I hope he has some plan for this season but I remember saying that last year and looked what happened. I hope Weyman and Fien can come back and lift us out of this slump and we can reinvigorate our attack and attack like we did in the last 10 mins or so!

Zoggy

Juniors
There are only a handful of people stressing out. It's always going to happen after a couple of losses.

Positives for me -
- Played terrible and only lost by 4 against a Broncos side playing for the season.

Thats about it.

Another possitive - It's impossible to play worse than what we did yesterday.

There were two really contentious moments in the game.

1 - Creagh's double movement no try

2 - Bronco pushing Hornby to the ground when contesting a bomb.

If both moments are awarded as tries then we win the game. If neither moment is awarded a try then we also win.

It was THAT close.

j0nesy

Bench
It's strange that not much has been mentioned about Creagh's no try. My thoughts were immediately that momentum had carried him over. It's not like his momentum had stopped and then he lifted the ball up and placed over the line. He bounced over the line and his upper body appeared to finish on the line. That was a try for mine.

Jonsey I watch that on replay a few times and Creagh hit the cround and his body bounced. As he was in he air (mid bounce), he promoted his arm and scored.

By ANY definition in this day and age, it was a TRY.

Just a crook decision and we have to wear it.

Mr Red

First Grade
There were two really contentious moments in the game.

1 - Creagh's double movement no try

2 - Bronco pushing Hornby to the ground when contesting a bomb.

If both moments are awarded as tries then we win the game. If neither moment is awarded a try then we also win.

It was THAT close.

i am the most ardent fan but even i would not even dare say those decisions were contentious...

1. Creagh's effort was a blatant double movement - even the players knew
2. Folau pushed hornby over because for the 10th time of the match Hornby was running Folau off the kick chase, preventing him a chance at catching the bomb. Hornby was lucky not to have several penalties against him.
if you keep judging our form based on the final scorelines, and not what was played on the field then you simply dont get it..

its the "warm and fuzzy" posts like this that gloss over the true problems we have at the moment - the same problems that hit us at the same time last year.
when the whips start cracking at the team's all raise their levels of intensity, we seem to have nothing left in the tank....

Last edited:
Mr Red

Do yourself a favour and watch the reply of those incidents closely and dispassionately.

1 - My description of Creagh's no try is 100% accurate. Based on the interpretation of momentum it's been a try for at least the last 3 years and NO the players didn't know it was a penalty.

I don't know if you were at the game or if you were watching the Gould commentary, but as I was at the game I can assure you the players thought it was a try.

2 - I absolutey agree Hornby was running interference. But that deserves a penalty and NOT a 6 point penalty.

My opinion and I'm enetitled to it. Stop taking the angry pills.

Mr Red

First Grade
Mr Red

Do yourself a favour and watch the reply of those incidents closely and dispassionately.

1 - My description of Creagh's no try is 100% accurate. Based on the interpretation of momentum it's been a try for at least the last 3 years and NO the players didn't know it was a penalty.

I don't know if you were at the game or if you were watching the Gould commentary, but as I was at the game I can assure you the players thought it was a try.

- i was watching on TV, and although the players half heartedly congratulated Creagh, there is one glaring replay that showed Creagh shaking his head and grimacing - knowing it was a double movement.

2 - I absolutey agree Hornby was running interference. But that deserves a penalty and NOT a 6 point penalty.
- i actually watched this a few times and i honestly think Hornby took a dive to try and not get penalised himself for interference. the little push and shove Folau gave him wouldnt have been enough to knock him over.

but anyway like they say - its all fish and chips wrapping now..

j0nesy

Bench
its the "warm and fuzzy" posts like this that gloss over the true problems we have at the moment - the same problems that hit us at the same time last year.
when the whips start cracking at the team's all raise their levels of intensity, we seem to have nothing left in the tank....

Well fair enough you're entitled to your opinion, but what's getting angry and going off like a prawn in the sun going to do to help?

The best, no the only, thing we can do as fans is to get behind the players and coach 100%. Playing the blame game is no good, it's too late to chop and change the roster significantly. Besides which we don't need to we have a great roster. All we can do as fans is to show faith in the team win, lose or draw. If we score 2 tries in a game we beat almost any team in the comp, three tries and we're near unbeatable because of our defence. Defence wins finals footy, don't believe all the media and Gould hype.

Mighty Saints

Juniors
Can everyone stop going crazy after a loss.... it's not as if we got smashed. We lost by 4 points ... and last week 1 point.

Yes I agree our attack is low at the moment... but I noticed yesterday (especially in the first half) Soward was taking the line on with speed a lot more... something which I'm sure Bennett has told him to start doing. Soward always looks dangerous when doing this. We also looked sharp for the first set in there 20m... yes predictable as the game progressed but I have no doubt Bennett isn't showing all his cards yet.

In both games we have gotten smashed up the middle - our pack is getting dominated and that's clearly because both our starting props are out (I think this will be fixed once Weyman is back - his go forward will get the other guys pumped - here's hoping). Priddis, yesterday and against Gold Coast had very poor games. He was way too slow out of dummy half yesterday and it showed. There were several times Hornby got the ball on 4th or 5th and because the delivery was so slow the Broncos defence had already caught him as he catched the ball. Hopefully with Fien coming back, he can find some form in the lead up to the finals. I just think we need a bit more pace from dummy half.

These problems can be fixed!! No point having a heart attack yet.

G'day guys,

been away from Dragons forums for a very long time, but thought I'd sign up again to see what's on everyones mind.

In regards to this thread.......it's true....there's no need to panic. If you look how teams have been playing us up the middle in recent weeks, you can see it's because we're missing the big fella and Dan Hunt. Without Deano on the weekend (who makes about 100 tackles a game) it was always going to be tough.

I'm very happy to see Fien on the mend and look forward to him in First Grade.

Honestly....we're on top of the comp, players are coming back, and we've got the best coach in the NRL. I think this year will be different.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Relax don't do it
When you want to go to it
Relax don't do it
When you want to come
Relax don't do it
When you want to come
When you want to come

Latest posts