What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RTS back for 2024!

Hopefully it isn't to disruptive and Webster has created a competitive environment so it isn't seen as a threat to peoples positions.
Great work either way.
RTS not make the AB squad?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just need an elite prop, 2 elite centres, a top hooker who isn’t injured half the time, and an elite half to partner SJ and we can finally win the comp
I actually think centre is sorting itself out here- RTS or CNK will be there, and looks like Montoya’s possibly going to be playing more centre too. Pompey, Vailea, Wlliame and Berry will have to up their games to get a sniff at this rate.
Not too worried about halves either, with Volkman and Metcalf there as well as TMM and Walker. Wouldn’t say no to one more elite prop though!

LeagueNut

First Grade
Thought this was an interesting snippet...

“It was before Christmas that Andrew Webster (Warriors coach), Andrew McFadden (Warriors recruitment manager) and I started strategising around the future and moving parts with the roster,” George said.

“Webby (Webster) was adamant he wanted to get his head around who the players were individually over the offseason. So we kept talking and looking outside the square and within it.

"We are trying to reset our club about being at home and there were people that left this club due to unfortunate circumstances and there were people that left for other opportunities.

“We’re trying to ignite this club and attract back the people we really want and Roger is one of them.

“We had a discussion with his management and from then we’ve had numerous discussions with Roger and this has sort of been in place since about December.”

I wonder who else is in the tractor beam?

He brings back all those bad memories of when we were generally rubbish.

Now that I've said that I think it's silly of me. He was a stand-out player and it wasn't his fault we were so poor.
I get you on this. Roger just deserves some good times with the Warriors and believe the timing is right for him to comeback and experience that. With a good level headed coach with a clear message on all roles. We can be very excited about our prospects 2023-2026

vvvrulz

Coach
Yeah Roger didn't bail, in fact he left a hugely successful system and joined our rabble consistently outshining everyone on the park.

This is wonderful news! CNK and Roger in tandem is going to be great, I'm not worried about the competition for fullback as we can make it work with running centres similar to how Turbo/Latrell do the job at origin.

Yeah Roger didn't bail, in fact he left a hugely successful system and joined our rabble consistently outshining everyone on the park.

This is wonderful news! CNK and Roger in tandem is going to be great, I'm not worried about the competition for fullback as we can make it work with running centres similar to how Turbo/Latrell do the job at origin.

Yeah I can see CNK and RTS interchanging in game.

Tongue

Juniors
If you had to choose between CNK & RTS or Pompey & Montoya, what would you do? As the latter are both off contract, I think we know who Webster chose.

Tongue

Juniors
Montoya surely gets a new contract or we Riot!
I agree. But its a log jam. And something needs to give. Tough world professional sport. Williame and Berry sniffing around also.
If I was Berry, I would send my highlight reel to Bellamy. Hes got Storm player written all over him.

Yeah Williame and Berry definitely have dropped down the pecking order. I hope they get gigs somewhere else and develop well. Under Brown Rocco went backwards. Yeah its a tricky one some have to move on :(

sup42

Juniors
We have an excellent fullback who is younger and putting in young RTS type shifts, we have a very handy looking fill in fullback, and we have two center positions that are showing where the limits of our recruitment and cap space lie.

Rts has been playing Center has he not? I hear he is bulked up for it.

Seems obvious where this is going.

However it doesn't matter what I think Webster will have a plan or they never would have talked to Roger about his retirement package.