What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RTS

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Right decision for all concerned. Let Roger get home before the border shuts, we need to be looking at next year now and building combinations with what we have moving forward.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
After all he has done for the club, I certainly support the early release.
We weren't making the 8 anyway.
Genuine legend.
Agreed. It's the best for him, and he's earned that. It's not the best for the club, but it won't matter to us going forward if he's here until the end of the season anyway.

Absolute superstar at our club and will be impossible to replace.
Deserved his rest. Go well Rog.
The club is turning to s***.
I don't agree with this.

For one, our club has been been f**ked since 2012. So how it could 'turn to shit', to me, is not certain. It went downhill when that muppet Scurrah and his dirtbag mate Watson chose to let Ivan go, got worse when they appointed Bluey under some patriotic guise, worse still when Scurrah (allegedly) blew off Bellamy when he was prepared to come, then kinda went sideways if not backward from there.

We are signing good players. Better than we have for a long time. COVID has absolutely f**ked us more than any other club in the comp, easily. I do worry about the loss of Gould, and I worry about Brown as a coach. But at least we have a decent playing group, and HOPEFULLY we get home next year and can start building a culture again at Mt Smart. Am I bullish about our future? No. Am I hopeful? Not really, probably a flicker at best. But why should I be after 10 years of being shit I spose. At least we have a squad that if the borders are open and we get a decent run with injuries, we can say we're a chance of playing finals footy. Let's be honest, we had zero chance this year and last. Far too bloody many factors against us. Don't get me wrong, we've played shit footy at times. But I don't feel like my club is turning to shit.

taste2taste

Juniors
Pretty soft from the Warriors IMO.
A couple of wins outside the 8 and they've let go of their best player to go and join a rival code.
The Warriors sponsors and fans must be over the moon the club has put up the white flag with nearly 2 months to go.
Why not let all NZ based players go home and finish the season with Australian based players ?
RTS better not be getting paid for the games he's missing!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Pretty soft from the Warriors IMO.
A couple of wins outside the 8 and they've let go of their best player to go and join a rival code.
The Warriors sponsors and fans must be over the moon the club has put up the white flag with nearly 2 months to go.
Why not let all NZ based players go home and finish the season with Australian based players ?
RTS better not be getting paid for the games he's missing!
They're 6 points outside the 8 with 6 games to go. To be fair, our draw is as doable as any - only the Sharks (7th) in the 8.

I understand there'll be people who feel like you, and fair enough.

However, RTS' family isn't there. We aren't making the 8 with our injury tolls. Sponsors won't care. I'm a fan, and I get it. Cameron George has also said anyone who approaches him to do so as well, would be considered.

It's unprecedented times, it's truly f**ked, and I think we've done the right thing.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What has been grinding me in the past week or so, is watching the govt bend over backwards to make sure the rugby gets played, the super deadly virus they preach about isn’t a concern when the All Blacks are involved, but they haven’t made any move in the slightest to help the Warriors in the past 18 months

Scott

Bench
What has been grinding me in the past week or so, is watching the govt bend over backwards to make sure the rugby gets played, the super deadly virus they preach about isn’t a concern when the All Blacks are involved, but they haven’t made any move in the slightest to help the Warriors in the past 18 months
It's disgusting!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Because they've got a public that is complicit in that happening. The same reason why anything happens in politics - whatever appeases the constituents. Never what is just or right. I would say that would be political harakiri or Labour to mess around with the ABs.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Same deal in both countries with the Olympics- and in Australia tbh with the NRL as well. There’s actually a fair bit of resentment from non-footy loving members of the public about teams getting special treatment, especially when player indiscretions make the news.

Matua

Bench
Is there anything specific you'd want them to do for the Warriors?

It seems like most of the decisions that are made for the Warriors during the pandemic are NRL influenced.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is there anything specific you'd want them to do for the Warriors?

It seems like most of the decisions that are made for the Warriors during the pandemic are NRL influenced.

Last year V’Landys had numerous options on the go lined up on his side, just waiting for responses from NZ Govt, and was getting nothing back from them, mostly to do around families joining them etc

If an Australian rugby team can enter NZ, then I’m sure arrangements could have been made to get 1-2 Aussie NRL teams over and play in front of a couple of packed houses before going back over

The thing that clearly sticks with me being Katoa and another player last year that had issues getting back into NZ that George went public with

Matua

Bench
Last year V’Landys had numerous options on the go lined up on his side, just waiting for responses from NZ Govt, and was getting nothing back from them, mostly to do around families joining them etc

If an Australian rugby team can enter NZ, then I’m sure arrangements could have been made to get 1-2 Aussie NRL teams over and play in front of a couple of packed houses before going back over

The thing that clearly sticks with me being Katoa and another player last year that had issues getting back into NZ that George went public with
Thanks for the response, although not sure I really agree with it.

Firstly, I'm not really inclined to believe much of what comes out of VLandy's mouth about negotiations with other groups.

Secondly, they're letting the Wallabies in this week in the general amnesty time period for Kiwis to beat quarantine, I'm sure if the NRL had scheduled a game for this week they'd let the Warriors and their opposition in. We've been in a travel bubble of the past few months so the NRL could have had games in NZ during that time.

Katoa and the Fijian player were granted the exemptions, I think due to the movement of the bureaucracy they would have been granted them regardless of George going public.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Thanks for the response, although not sure I really agree with it.

Firstly, I'm not really inclined to believe much of what comes out of VLandy's mouth about negotiations with other groups.

Secondly, they're letting the Wallabies in this week in the general amnesty time period for Kiwis to beat quarantine, I'm sure if the NRL had scheduled a game for this week they'd let the Warriors and their opposition in. We've been in a travel bubble of the past few months so the NRL could have had games in NZ during that time.

Katoa and the Fijian player were granted the exemptions, I think due to the movement of the bureaucracy they would have been granted them regardless of George going public.

Not really sure why you’d doubt V’landys, first sport in the world to comeback and everyone laughed at him when he suggested it, but he got the job done dealing with numerous state govts in Oz

For the Wallabies part mate, you said it yourself, this is the amnesty time for Kiwis to come back, don’t think any of them playing for the Wallabies are Kiwis returning home, Australians coming to NZ closed last week

Matua

Bench
Not really sure why you’d doubt V’landys, first sport in the world to comeback and everyone laughed at him when he suggested it, but he got the job done dealing with numerous state govts in Oz

For the Wallabies part mate, you said it yourself, this is the amnesty time for Kiwis to come back, don’t think any of them playing for the Wallabies are Kiwis returning home, Australians coming to NZ closed last week
Quade definitely is, the Aussies don't want to give him citizenship ... there might be a couple of others with NZ citizenship too (To'omua probably). Yeah, and there's no reason to believe that an NRL team wouldn't have got the amnesty for a game this weekend either if one was scheduled. But one wasn't scheduled. So we can't test the theory of favouritism either way really.

Latest posts