What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RTS

WellsNZ

Juniors
At least we're "losing" him to the All Blacks and not overseas.

If we can't have him on the Warriors/Kiwis then having him on the All Blacks is a pretty good consolation prize.

He's aiming for 2023 world cup.
Is just the 2022 season enough?
Will he move mid season especially if we are in the bottom 8? Or if we can get a suitable replacement?

JJ

Immortal
Will he move mid season especially if we are in the bottom 8? Or if we can get a suitable replacement?
Yes
No
Don’t think do, unless club want it, he doesn’t seem like that guy
No we can’t get a suitable replacement

Matua

Bench
I think he played rugby up to secondary schools level so I think he can do it a year's time, but, he would have helped himself out by going this year.

If he moves mid season the issue is finding a team. Maybe if he timed it for the NPC he'd at least get that under the way to help prep for Super next year.

JJ

Immortal
There’s a big difference between schoolboy rugby and the top level. And while he was in a rep team, pretty sure he didn’t even play in the top comp in Auckland...

his football development in a meaningful way is all league... not saying he won’t be brilliant but I’m not seeing it as quick or easy, and neither is he publicly

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Being ready for the start of 2022 gives him 2 seasons of super rugby, an NPC and a bunch of internationals if he makes the cut prior to the World Cup.

I think he’ll be sweet to be honest

Rich102

Staff member
I think he played rugby up to secondary schools level so I think he can do it a year's time, but, he would have helped himself out by going this year.

If he moves mid season the issue is finding a team. Maybe if he timed it for the NPC he'd at least get that under the way to help prep for Super next year.
He's signed with the Blues I think.

Pretty salty about it.
Would of preferred him seeing out his contract then going or not even sign a 4 yeasr deal with us

Time for Hayze Perham now

Matua

Bench
There’s a big difference between schoolboy rugby and the top level. And while he was in a rep team, pretty sure he didn’t even play in the top comp in Auckland...

his football development in a meaningful way is all league... not saying he won’t be brilliant but I’m not seeing it as quick or easy, and neither is he publicly
Sheesh, by rep team we're talking about NZ Secondary Schools, not some run of the mill rock up on a Sunday for a trial rep team.

FFS, Duffie made the ABs after returning from league, RTS should walk it assuming there's a spot. We've had some dud outside backs in the last couple of years - Bridge, Reece, and Jordie Barrett on the wing. Hopefully RTS doesn't lose any semblance of form after making the ABs like Duffie did.

He's signed with the Blues I think.
For 2022, he can't go straight in this year without some luck (for him, unlucky for others who would get injured to make the space).

Pretty salty about it.
Would of preferred him seeing out his contract then going or not even sign a 4 yeasr deal with us

Time for Hayze Perham now
Weren't they eyeing up Turner for the 1 now that RTS is going?

Sheesh, by rep team we're talking about NZ Secondary Schools, not some run of the mill rock up on a Sunday for a trial rep team.

FFS, Duffie made the ABs after returning from league, RTS should walk it assuming there's a spot. We've had some dud outside backs in the last couple of years - Bridge, Reece, and Jordie Barrett on the wing. Hopefully RTS doesn't lose any semblance of form after making the ABs like Duffie did.

For 2022, he can't go straight in this year without some luck (for him, unlucky for others who would get injured to make the space).

Weren't they eyeing up Turner for the 1 now that RTS is going?

PT is a half

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Don't kid yourselves Roger is walking into a starting all blacks jersey. He is already one of the top 7 rugby outside backs in NZ and he hasn't even played a game there in 10 years. Only thing up for consideration is whether its number:

Roger is a gentleman and is saying what he has to say in the media. He along with the coach knows that he is a walk up start. He would have probably been All Blacks captain if he went at the start of this year.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Don't kid yourselves Roger is walking into a starting all blacks jersey. He is already one of the top 7 rugby outside backs in NZ and he hasn't even played a game there in 10 years. Only thing up for consideration is whether its number:

Roger is a gentleman and is saying what he has to say in the media. He along with the coach knows that he is a walk up start. He would have probably been All Blacks captain if he went at the start of this year.
Yeah, nah... plenty of talent about he’ll be in the mix

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I wish him all the best.
He's been the best ever fullback we've had.
Hope he can rev the team up this year, and give us a season to be proud of!

The_Frog

First Grade

They wouldn't get him to change codes unless they offered him heaps. They wouldn't pay him heaps unless the plan is to play him in the national side.

Matua

Bench
They wouldn't get him to change codes unless they offered him heaps. They wouldn't pay him heaps unless the plan is to play him in the national side.
I don't think they would have chased him TBH, even with our dud outside back selections this year we still have lots of young guys coming through. I think he's doing it for the challenge.

shiznit

Coach

Er no..... :joy::joy:

Off the top of my head I’d put him behind McKenzie, Havili, Clarke, Telea, Jordie, Umaga-Allen, Will Jordan, Sevu Reece not to mention Beudy if they decide to start Mo’unga at 10...

then there’s some absolute superstar prospects coming through the factory production line.

NZ Rugby aren’t short of outside backs... infact thats NZ’s strength.

Latest posts